Why is my poop green, could this be a sign of a health problem or not? Should we be more concerned about the color of our stool is the topic, let us see what Gizmo has found out about this.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link.
Stool Color Guide
It is quite normal according to physicians most of the time a change in your stool color, thanks to the Mayo Clinic we are going to learn more about this to understand it more clearly.
- Green Poop can indicate that your food may be going through your intestines too slowly.
- White or Clay could possibly be a sign you have a bile problem.
- The yellow stinky stool is often common in people with Celiac Disease.
- Black color is the color we should be the most concerned about, you could have intestinal bleeding. Another reason might be from iron supplements as well, so Consult your Physician before you panic.
- Bright red should be a concern and make an appointment with your doctor immediately, this could be a sign of rectum bleeding.
Before you go into a panic, there are other issues such as your diet that can also cause your stool to change color. Why is my poop green isn’t usually a health problem, but it is always best to make an appointment with your doctor to be safe?
Colon Cancer Signs
Since colon cancer affects men regularly, we should know the signs you might need to consult a physician. The reason I am talking about this today is to help you get treatment as soon as possible, many men with digestive diseases and disorders are a high risk for this type of cancer.
- Bloody stool
- Extremely dark stool
- Rectal bleeding
- Tummy pain
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
Many times these symptoms are not taken seriously by men, they more than women tell themselves it is nothing to worry about. Guys are well-known for putting off going to a doctor until they have no choice, and by that time it often is too late when it comes to any type of cancer.
Lower Your Colon Cancer Risks
Men are known to not take their health as seriously as women, we are going to look at some ways guys could lower their colon cancer risks. You are never too young to start making lifestyle changes to stay healthy, remember cancer cares very little about your age or even your gender.
- The American Cancer Society recommends testing starting at age 45 for people at average risk.
- Veggies, fruit, and whole grains are your best friends.
- Staying active is another lifestyle change to make, remember you need not exercise to stay active. Finding fun activities that keep you moving and that you enjoy is your best strategy.
- Managing your weight is a very important factor we all should be more concerned about.
- Kick the habit of smoking and drinking alcohol excessively.
Sure making these lifestyle changes are not a piece of cake for most of us, but at the same time, why shorten your life by abusing your body and risking being a cancer victim, if you possibly can lower your risks?
Physicians are now realizing our diets are the best medicine to remain healthy, and the worse types of foods to put into our bodies are those that cause inflammation. Inflammation is the root cause of the majority of our health problems, this also can contribute to cancer.
- High-sugar beverages are high on the list that we consume way too often, so simply by eliminating or cutting back, we can improve our health dramatically.
- Fried foods that we love such as french fries cooked in cooking oils are high on our list as well, avoid eating as many foods prepared in these oils is another simple way to reduce your inflammation.
- We all are hearing how bad trans-fats are for us, so remember to read the ingredients when grocery shopping for food choices without trans-fats.
- Why do you think so many of us are allergic to milk, this naturally causes our bodies to create inflammation. Watching your intake of dairy products can work wonders, and this is much easier today with so many non-dairy products on the market.
- Red meat especially is a highly inflammatory food that we abuse in consumption, go for poultry instead or grass-fed beef if you can’t give up your red meat.
- Processed foods especially our meat and snacks are overconsumed causing digestive problems in our society today.
- How many of you realize alcohol causes an inflammatory response from our immune systems?
- Avoiding refined grains is another food we should give up or cut back on.
- Artificial ingredients such as preservatives don’t work naturally with our body chemistry.
Everyone should do an elimination diet to find their food triggers, we all are not affected by all the possibilities on the list above. Going with more natural whole-food choices is the key strategy, and eating the ones that cause inflammation in moderation will make a dramatic difference in your health.
Foods That Fight Inflammation
Harvard Health wrote a blog post on foods that fight inflammation, below are what they recommend as your best choices to combat this issue and become healthier. By the way, this is another one of my favorite resources.
- Tomatoes as long as they don’t bother you, more people with autoimmune diseases and disorders find them to be a trigger food.
- Olive Oil
- Collard Greens
Foods to Avoid
- Fried Foods
- Soda Pop
- Refined Carbs
- Processed Meats
Gizmo really puts you first in every guide that he writes, you will find information and resources that make up the majority of the links included in every guide. The only affiliate links are ones that I truly believe will benefit you, this is really an important part of this website.
Best Weight Management Plans
No matter if you need to lose a few extra pounds or just want to manage your weight, we are going to find out what are your best choices of plans available online. Even though you might not need assistance, maybe some of you do. For anyone who does need a helping hand, these are the ones recommended as the best.
- WW (Weight Watchers)
- The Flexitarian Diet
- The Paleo Diet
- The South Beach Diet
- Jenny Craig
Even though these are rated the best plans for men, they also are good choices for ladies as well. Did you learn anything new by reading “Why is My Poop Green” if so, I would love to hear from you in my comments section?
Are You Healthy
We often might wonder if we are really as healthy as we think, and in this paragraph, you are going to learn the signs that indicate that you actually are a healthy man. Just being assured that everything is alright can boost your self-esteem, plus also improve your mental health.
- Your diet mainly consists of fruits, veggies, and whole grains with processed foods in moderation.
- Moderation is not a problem for you, and you rarely if ever go on a junk food binge.
- The color of your poop is brown consistently, and you move your bowels regularly without any problems.
- Your energy levels are high which keeps you physically active regularly, this could be with fun activities not necessarily working out at the gym.
- Clear urine with a steady flow is another healthy sign to be proud of, we really should pay more attention to our stool and urine functioning.
- Rarely do you have any problems going and staying asleep, sleep is another major health problem many unhealthy people experience regularly?
- Seldom do you catch a cold or the flu?
- Emotionally you have plenty of self-esteem and confidence with little anxiety and depression the majority of the time.
Did you pass the men’s health test, if you have, Gizmo is extremely proud of you. Do you enjoy reading Men’s Health books and magazines, if so we are going to find out the best books for men next?
Best Mens Health Books Guide
To help you with the better books to buy, this section will be focusing on providing you with this shopping tip. Saving money also is a priority of this website, people come before profit here.
- The Men’s Health Big Book of Exercises
- The Complete Book of Men’s Health
- Home Remedies for Men
- The Mid-Life Guide for Men
- Over 50’s Men’s Health Check
- Healthy Choices for Men
- The Most Complete Guide to Bodybuilding
With the following above you have an idea of what to check out on your next shopping trip, when it comes to your health, books are a very inexpensive tool to take advantage of. Our next paragraph will be about apps for men, so if these interest you keep reading to learn more.
Apps For Men
Smartphones and apps are great technology tools we can use each and every day, such an easy way to keep track of our health by using these. Gizmo is not really into apps himself, but I do have a few that I downloaded to monitor my own health.
- Workouts for Men
- Lose Weight App for Men
- Muscle Man Personal Trainer
- Dr. Kegel for Men’s Health
- Home Workout for Men
- Home Workout No Equipment
With the examples shared above you know what is available, there are many more as well. I just wanted to give you an idea with some examples, by using the link below you can browse the apps for men compliments of Gizmo.
It is time for my resources, this is one of my favorite parts of my self-help guides. If you found “Why is My Poop Green” worth sharing, I would really appreciate you posting it on your social media pages for me.
You now have access to my resources of the day, every guide that I write includes some of these that might be brand new to you. It is an important part of being a self-help website, thank you for all of your support and for reading my guides.