Why is divorce so common today has been on my mind ever since my ex abandoned me, she left without any warning which was extremely emotional for my sons and me. This can affect our children more than we might realize, so let us explore divorce in more detail.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link. This website is intended to provide possible solutions to common problems, and you are always my first priority.
Why Is Divorce So Common
Let us get right to the point of this article, once we are married with children there is much more at stake than when it is just your partner and you. This really makes the decision to split ways more complicated, even so, divorce seems to be happening way too often in our society today.
- Lack of commitment 73%
- Argue too much 56%
- Infidelity 55%
- Married too young 46%
- Unrealistic expectations 45%
- Lack of equality in the relationship 44%
- Lack of preparation for marriage 41%
- Domestic Violence or Abuse 25%
You have just read the main reasons marriages are not working, possibly we give up too easily instead of putting more effort to solve our differences. Could our busy lifestyles and careers be a factor as well, I am sure there are many things that contribute to divorce between couples.
When a marriage is young commitment is easy for most couples, but as time goes on some take one another for granted. The longer you are in a relationship the more you must work to keep it strong, there are some people who just have commitment problems, and below are some signs that this might be you.
- Avoiding making future plans with your partner
- Avoiding talking or thinking about the future of the relationship
- Serious or long-term relationships are always out of the question
- Lack of emotional attachment
- Delayed response to calls and texts
- Flaky or inconsistent behavior
- Nitpicky about small things
- Poor communication
- A history of short-lived relationships
Commitment issue signs were provided by the website Body Mind Green, if you are interested in visiting the website, I have included a link for your convenience. Thank you for visiting my website, you are important to me.
Keys To Commitment
Before I provide you with the keys to commitment, you must understand this doesn’t come easy for couples naturally. Both partners must make changes and compromise, and when this doesn’t happen divorce occurs.
- Setting goals for the future as a couple
- Getting out of debt and living within your budget
- Planning regular vacations together, not separate vacations apart
- Purchasing a home together
- Family planning that works for both partners
- Keep dating regularly as couples with fun activities you both enjoy
- Making time to share what is on your mind, and in your heart with one another when possible
- Go out of your way to show your partner how much you appreciate them, you will find the smallest things can work wonders in keeping the relationship strong.
- Supporting your spouse’s dreams and goals, even when they might not be yours as well
- The most important key to success is thinking about how every decision you make will affect your partner, couples who talk about important decisions have fewer arguments and happier marriages.
Even if you are doing your best the relationship might not work, you are not able to do this alone. It takes both people to be doing these things for success, so maybe this is something you should share with your own spouse.
Why People Cheat
Affairs are way too common today than ever before, one reason for this is the internet makes it much easier and more tempting. With so many social media sites and online dating sites, it is extremely easy to meet more people than ever before. You can even find specific websites for married people searching for possibly secret lovers, let us see what the experts say are the main reasons people cheat on their partners.
- Feeling the lack of true love in their present relationship is at the top of the list according to experts.
- Another common reason is searching for excitement because they feel bored with their partner. Often there are no problems between the couple, one or both people just are craving a change.
- Lack of attention is another factor that has led people to cheat on their partner, many times careers are the main cause of this problem between a couple.
- Sometimes this is not even planned or on the person’s agenda, they might meet someone that leads to a one-night stand. Often this happens when the person has been drinking, nothing clouds our mind more than alcohol in our bodies.
- People with low self-esteem might easily get themselves into this situation, we all want to be desired by others which boosts our self-esteem.
- How many of you after a heated argument feel the urge to cheat on your spouse, many times one or both of the people might head to the nearest bar to vent their anger with a drink.
- Simply feeling there is no commitment in the relationship can lead to ending up in another person’s arms, nothing is worse than being in a marriage and not feeling loved by their spouse.
- You just might want some hot sex, way too many people are sex-crazed today. They just can’t get enough, and when they are not satisfied at home they just might venture out for some strange stuff.
The expert website that provides this information is Psychology Today, if any of you agree or disagree with what you just read, I would love to hear from you in my comments section.
Are You Ready For Marriage
With many couples marrying right out of high school and college, how many of them really are prepared to be a wife or a husband? Even though age has nothing to do with this, if I had it over to do I would not even consider marrying before 30 years old. We are going now to learn what to consider if you are ready for such a commitment, so let us move on.
- Ask yourself, do I really want to settle down with one person right now?
- Are you where you wish to be in your career?
- What is your financial situation, are you deep in debt or debt free?
- Do you have any commitment issues at this time in your life, do you jump from one relationship to another frequently?
- Can you make compromises, yet avoid being taken advantage of by another person?
- Living together with another person is much different than dating, are you ready to accept your better half for their positive and negative habits?
- When disagreements arise, will you be able to control your emotions and work out the problems?
- Ready or not, you are about to enter even more financial responsibilities with another person. Do you have your priorities right, will your living expenses come before something you want for yourself?
Possibly you are ready for marriage, but there is one more thing you must consider before making the final decision. Is the other person really ready as well, both people must be mature enough to give and take for this relationship to last long-term?
Relationship Books for Couples
Couples who read together to improve their relationship are going to be happier, so if this is something that would benefit your relationship, here are the top books recommended for couples to read together. Remember it takes two for this to work, now here are the books list below.
- The 5 Love Languages
- I Hear You
- Getting the Love You Want
- The Power of Two Workbook
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work
- Hold Me Tight
- Love Sense
- Boundaries in Marriage
- Love and Respect
- The Marriage Counseling Workbook
- Love Warrior
- Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus
- Mindful Relationship Habits
- How to be an Adult in a Relationship
A very nice assortment of options to choose from, now does any of them sound worth reading to you? Let me know what you think about this list of books for couples, maybe you already read some of them and would like to share your own experience. Just let us know in my comments section, and thank you for taking the time to read “Why is Divorce so Common”.
Marriage Compatibility Calculator
This free online tool might be fun for you to give a try, even if you are already spoken for, why not just see what this freebie tells you? Maybe you need to know more about this before you are ready to give it a try, I will do just that to help you make up your mind.
- Type your full name in the tool text box provided
- Next, type in your birth date
- Partner or spouse’s full name
- Your partner or spouse’s birth date
Calculates the numerology and astrology factors of marriage or couple, this is just for fun so don’t take the results too seriously. Even if you are not into numerology and astrology, it might be fun just to take it to see what your results might be.
Marriage Apps for Couples
Possibly you and your partner are into apps, what I have for you now are some marriage apps for couples. More and more people are using apps today than ever before, so if you are one of them here are some for you to consider.
- Marriage Counseling
- Anatomy of Marriage
- Dating and Marriage
- Relationship Quiz
- Ultimate Intimacy for Couples
- Marriage 365
- Love Nudge
This is just a small example to give you an idea if you wish to check them out, there are plenty more apps waiting for you by simply clicking on the link above. If “Why is Divorce so Common” was helpful, please share it with your family and your friends. Better yet what about on your social media pages, I really would appreciate you helping me reach more couples in need of this information.
Resources of the Day
Are you ready for my resources of the day, I always end all my guides by providing you access to some of these. For those of you who made it to the end, this is my thank-you bonus gift. I realize you lack the time to search for them on your own, so I do the work for you as I am researching and writing for you.
Thank you again for visiting my website, you are important to me. Any requests for future guides, just leave them in my comments section. Relationships can be the best part of our lives or make us the most miserable, if you have any ideas for my readers feel free to share them for us all to learn more from you.