Why Are Processed Foods Unhealthy is going to open up your eyes, Gizmo cares about your health, and moderation is the key to losing weight.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link.
I personally have experienced what processed foods can do to your body, you must understand this is a long-term process and does not happen overnight.
Processed Food Health Risks
Labor’s Health and Safety of North America is my first resource to share with you, you might be surprised what this organization has to tell you about these foods. You will find Gizmo prefers organizations over other health blogs, I really feel you are receiving much more up-to-date information.
- Increased risks of Cancer
- Heart Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Extremely low nutritional benefits
- High-calorie content
- Possible link to digestive issues
- Loaded with artificial ingredients not natural to our bodies
Has this gotten your attention, and if so are you ready to try to eat them in moderation? Learn how by visiting the website of this organization, now let us learn even more to educate ourselves.
Artificial Sweeteners Guide
I really don’t feel the medical association informs us nearly enough about how artificial ingredients affect our bodies, so after doing some research I found some awesome information for you on the Kids. Frontiersin Organization website.
- Sugar provides energy
- Increases activity in our brains
- Provides us with nutritional benefits
- Artificial sweeteners are less satisfying, so you eat more
- Cravings for artificial sweeteners especially in children are higher than for sugar.
- Needing more artificial sweeteners contributes to being overweight, especially in our children.
- Even though they have fewer calories weight loss is most of the time only short-term.
- Since they are addicting, our bodies crave them more and more, so long-term they actually are causing us to gain weight instead of losing weight.
- Artificial sweeteners can be between 200 and 13,000 times sweeter than sugar.
- Real sugar through studies has been found to provide better brain activation.
- Artificial sweeteners lack the calories to provide our bodies with energy.
- These sweeteners actually increase our appetites to want and eat more of them.
- Weening off both of these can decrease our cravings in as little as a week.
Next on my list are food additives, parents might be surprised to know some of these may be harmful to their children according to Health Harvard. Could these be contributing to our children’s health, that is something we really need to think about.
- Artificial food colors
Are you wondering as parents and grandparents what you can do, even though it is almost impossible to eliminate them completely from your child’s diet? There are some things that Health Harvard recommends, I urge you to visit the website to learn more. Sign up for my Auto-Notifications if you desire to, all you will find in your mail are my newly published guides.
Now that we are more aware of how harmful overeating processed foods can be, we are going to educate ourselves on how to eat healthier. Education is extremely important and the key to anything that we wish to accomplish, so providing you with the best information is my goal for every article I write for you.
- Fresh fruit and veggies
- Canned fruit and vegetables
- Frozen fruit and vegetables
- Start reading food labels for big words that you can’t pronounce
- Low in saturated fat
- Low in sodium and sugars
- Consider cooking homemade meals instead of eating out as often, and when you do eat out choose restaurants over fast food.
- Nuts and seeds
- Whole grains
- Processed foods in moderation are the key to improving your health, we can’t eliminate them but cutting back on them can provide us with many health benefits.
- Improved heart health
- Healthier weight
- Lower blood pressure
- Auto-immune benefits
- Reduce the risk of Cancer
- Learn More Here
The Heart Foundation Organization provided the information above, you can click on the link to read the entire blog post if you desire to. Processed food addiction is really a major contributor to many of our health problems, we must overcome these cravings before it is too late.
Healthy Subscription Boxes
Ordering subscription boxes are one way to conveniently improve your diet, this is especially useful for those with a busy lifestyle. Let us see what some of our choices might be, and signing up for these is extremely easy.
- Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Deluxe Snacks
- Cravebox Healthy Snacks
- Premium Healthy Snack Box
- Healthy Snacks Care Package
- Variety Snacks Care Package
- College Box Healthy Snack Box
- Bite Box Snack Box
- My College Crate
- Healthy Vegan and Gluten-Free Premium Snack Box
- Nuts and Beef Jerky Box
- Ultimate Entree Variety Pack
- Explore and Browse Healthy Subscription Boxes
Next, we are going to discover the best healthy meal delivery services. Another idea for those of you too busy to cook homemade meals. Awesome for seniors as well for gift ideas, I just thought I would mention that as a bonus.
Healthy Meal Delivery Services
Healthline.com provided us with these in a blog post, so we thank them for this information to share in this article. Now let us just see what they recommend as our best choices, another good resource to add to your browser favorites.
- Daily Harvest
- Purple Carrot
- Martha Stewart and Marley Spoon
- Snap Kitchen
- The Good Kitchen
- Territory Foods
- Trifecta Nutrition
- Green Chef
How many of these are new to you, many of them are new to me. Introducing you to new options is one of the things Gizmo loves to do, just a reminder you can sign up for my auto-notifications so as not to miss any more of my guides.
Free Nutrition Apps
With apps being so popular, I thought many of you would love to know about the free nutrition apps available on Google Play. That is my favorite place for free apps, now here is what is waiting for you there.
- Nutrition and Healthy Weight Loss
- Track Your Calories
- My Fitness Pal
- Meal Planning Made Easy
- Keto Diet Tracker
- My Real Food
- Body Fast Intermittent Fasting
- Glycemic Index Load Assistant
- Weight Watchers
- My Net Diary
- Food Advisor
- Eat This Much Meal Planner
- Fasting and Food Tracker
- Start Fasting
- Fat Secret Calorie Counter
- Healthify Me
- My Plate
- Food Tracker and Water
- Calorie Counter and Food Tracker
- Calorie, Carb, and Fat Counter
- Freeletics Nutrition
- Yummly Recipes and Cooking Tools
- Food Scanner and Discovery
- Calorie Counter and Diet
- Fitness App for Women
- Explore Free Nutrition Apps
We have learned so much already, there still is more waiting for you in the next paragraph you don’t want to miss. You can read my own free guides that are full of information and resources, I also try to include freebies as I come across them.
If you found this article helpful please share it with your family and your friends, we now are going to get access to Gizmos resources. The following are free for you to learn from if you wish to, and every guide provides you with these as a thank you for visiting my website.
- Best Weight Loss Home Workout
- Portion Control Weight Loss Ideas
- Free Weight Loss Calculator
- Easy Preschool Cooking Recipes
- Best Wine Subscription Boxes
You are free to go on your way now after getting all my information on why are processed foods unhealthy, we really must cut back on these to improve our health. Please seriously consider what I have shared with you, and give it a try to eat healthier to lose weight and improve your overall health.