Many times we think we are doing everything right, then we ask ourselves why am I getting belly fat? It seems overnight this happens to many of us, so we are going to try to find out together some answers.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link.
The majority of men and women experience extra weight around their midsection, we are going to see what the experts have to say about why this is so common more today than ever before. Being thin everywhere else has me frustrated, and this might be the case for many of you as well.
Medical experts say it is caused by visceral fat, and for many of us, this is connected to our family genes. Another thing to consider is your lifestyle, ask yourself how physically active am I now compared to before your belly fat took over your body.
What You Need To Know
Let us consider lifestyle changes since they are things that we do have control over, our genes are out of our control, so changing what we can is our best option.
- Reduce the number of alcoholic beverages we consume, you see these are made from grains which are now known to contribute to belly fat. I am sure you have heard the phrase “Beer Belly”?
- Both genders as they age require fewer calories than in your younger years, which means those extra calories you no longer need will turn into belly fat.
- Could you be not as physically active now, many people despite exercising experience excess weight in their midsection anyway. Focus on both cardio and strength training is a must to battle this type of extra weight.
- Kate Patton, a registered dietitian at Cleveland Clinic recommends 250 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise or 125 minutes of high-intensity exercise a week.
- Our diets of processed foods often can contribute to our frustration, so Kate Patton suggests we cut back on processed foods and add natural whole foods such as fruit and vegetables.
- Walnuts, sunflower seeds, and fatty fish are the fats you want to be consuming, now ask yourself am I eating these regularly?
- Planks are the recommended exercise to battle this type of body fat, so maybe trying adding these to your workouts is something to consider.
- Managing your stress levels is an important part of your new plan, when we are experiencing high stress which is too common today we gain weight in the belly. This enlarges our fat cells from our stress hormones, so often managing your stress is a solution for many frustrated people.
- The lack of quality sleep is another trigger for excess fat, you will find the majority of people today don’t get enough quality sleep most nights. People who sleep 7 to 8 hours regularly at night experience less belly fat, so ask yourself how much sleep are you receiving most nights.
- A combination strategy of a low-calorie diet that is high in fiber and low in carbohydrates and sugar along with cardiovascular and weight training is a good place to begin.
Now you have a new weight loss plan recommended by an expert, if you follow this new lifestyle, we would all love to know how it works for you by sharing in my comments section.
Gizmos Self-Help Guides
Before we go any further, I would like to provide you access to all of my self-help guide categories. This is a time-saver that can help you solve many of your problems, and problem-solving is the purpose of this website.
- Weight Loss
- Women’s Health
- Healthy Recipes
- Mental Health
- Men’s Health
- How To Guides
- Home n Garden
- Children’s Health
With this out of the way, we are going to look into even more about belly fat. I notice almost everyone when I am out and about is experiencing this, so let us see what else we can find out about this common problem.
The best weight loss programs according to experts are next on our list, and by knowing this you are not wasting your time on ones that don’t work. For anyone interested in giving them a try, I have included this list below for your convenience.
- Weight Watchers
- The New Mayo Clinic Diet
- Jenny Craig
According to the experts you now have a good place to begin, why waste your money and time on programs that are not the best ones? Next, I have the best meal plans in my next paragraph, so keep reading to learn what the experts recommend.
The Best Meal Plans
Here we are ready to learn what the best meal plan services are, for anyone interested in this you will want to consider what the experts recommend. How many of you have tried home delivery meal plans, I would love to hear your experience with them in my comments section.
- Home Chef
- Cook Unity
- Blue Apron
- Splendid Spoon
- Purple Carrot
- Hungry Root
This list was provided by NBC News, I just thought I would mention this. Sometimes knowing where my information comes from can be of interest, now let us move on to what I have to share with you next.
The Best Weight Loss Diets
Need help with your weight loss diet plan, you can learn what are considered the best weight loss diets to consider. If you follow the plans you will lose weight is what they promise you, If any of you have tried them share your experience in my comments section for us all to learn from you.
- Weight Watchers
- DASH Diet
- Mayo Clinic Diet
- TLC Diet
- The Flexitarian Diet
- Jenny Craig Diet
- MIND Diet
- Nutrisystem Diet
- Atkins Diet
- Keto Diet
- Slim Fast Diet
- Raw Food Diet
Have any of these worked for you, we would benefit so much by you sharing with us which ones have helped you with your weight loss battle. Once again feel free to share in my comments section, together we all can learn from one another.
Belly Fat Weight Loss Tips
Hopkins Medicine Organization published an article with tips, so that is what I will be sharing in this paragraph. Gizmo focuses on medical authorities to provide you with the most accurate information, now let us see what this organization recommends.
- Focus on how many refined carbs you are consuming per day has been found to show better progress through studies than eliminating fats.
- Forget about dieting and instead go with lifestyle changes, once you form healthy habits they will become a part of your regular routine.
- Think about moving as much as you possibly can, you don’t need to become a gym rat but instead, just find fun physical activities that you will enjoy.
- Strength training along with cardio is your best exercise plan, so think about adding weights as well as that cardio workout.
- Reading labels as a habit will teach you which of your favorites are healthier for you, once you get into this habit you will know which foods are your best choices and which ones are best to eat in moderation.
- Reduce processed foods, especially high-sugar and salt snacks. Eat those high in sugar and salt in moderation.
- Instead of jumping on the scale, focus on how your clothing fits. Our weight fluctuates from day to day, and many people become frustrated by weighing themselves every day.
- Get your family and friends into a healthier lifestyle with you, this will add healthier food choices at family picnics and on holidays.
Did you find Hopkins Medicine Organization tips helpful, I did insert a link above to their website for anyone wishing to learn more from them. This is just for your convenience, Gizmo is not associated in any way with this organization.
To conclude, “Why am I getting belly fat” I have some resources to help you even more. You will find these in every guide on this website, this is just a bonus for those of you who read my entire article from beginning to end.
- How to lose belly fat in a week
- Cutting Calories
- Eating Disorders Screening Tool
- Deals n Steals
- Under 25.00 Clearance Deals
Thank you for visiting Gizmos Self-Help Guides, you are important to me and that is what motivates me to keep writing. If you have any problems you need solutions for, just leave them in my comments section and I will do my best to provide them for you. Once again thank you for visiting my website, please share this guide on your social media pages if you have the time.