Why am I always nervous is a more common question people ask themselves than you might realize, with anxiety disorders affecting more people than ever this is becoming a major problem. This used to be me in the past, so that is what motivated me to write this article to help others struggling with anxiety.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link.
Why Am I Always Nervous
For most of my life, I was always experiencing being nervous. Does this sound familiar to you or someone you know, and if so reading this just might answer this question and provide you with natural ways to cope better.
Do You Suffer From These Health Conditions
- Chronic Pain
- Substance Withdrawal
- Heart Disease
- Chronic Stress
- Drug Abuse
- Alcohol Abuse
- Child Abuse
- Relationship Abuse
The following health conditions above can be triggers for chronic anxiety, as a child my experience of abuse in my dysfunctional family according to medical experts very well could have contributed to my being nervous all the time. Generalized anxiety disorder is often the diagnosis people receive, so we are going to learn more about this in my next paragraph.
What Causes Anxiety
One of my past guides just might help you understand anxiety more clearly, if this is of interest to you to learn what causes anxiety according to medical professionals feel free to click on the link provided above.
Generalized Anxiety Disorder Signs
Let us begin with understanding what to look for with this disorder, many of us can deal much better with something when we know the reason we are feeling this way. This is our very first step to coping with our problem, here are signs to be aware of when experiencing a generalized anxiety disorder.
- Worry excessively about everyday things
- Have trouble controlling their worries or feelings of nervousness
- Know that they worry much more than they should
- Feel restless and have trouble relaxing
- Have a hard time concentrating
- Startled easily
- Have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep
- Tire easily or feel tired all the time
- Have headaches, muscle aches, stomachaches, or unexplained pains
- Have a hard time swallowing
- Tremble or twitch
- Feel irritable
- Have to go to the bathroom frequently
- Performance in activities
- The health of others, such as family members
- Job security
- The health and well-being of their children
- Being late
- Completing household chores
Physical symptoms such as pain, fatigue, or shortness of breath often are accompanied by our worrying, and from my own experience, I worried in the past about things that now made no sense. If you find yourself obsessed with things out of your control and possibly not really serious, you also could be experiencing generalized anxiety disorder just like me.
Why Did My Parents Abuse Me
I wrote an article about child abuse from my own experience and research, if you happen to be interested in reading this feel free to use the link provided. Sharing past publications is my way of thanking you for visiting my website, this saves you time, which I understand is something many of us lack enough of to research on our own.
Natural Anxiety Coping Skills
Being Gizmo avoids taking any more medications than necessary, I have over the years learned coping skills that have helped me overcome being as nervous as in the past. There are many side effects from mental health medications, we really should try to manage our health issues naturally whenever we possibly can.
- Keep physically active with activities that you enjoy
- Avoid alcohol and recreational drugs to cope with your feelings and thoughts.
- Quitting smoking as difficult as it is has been an asset in experiencing less anxiety for many men and women.
- Cutting back on drinking caffeinated beverages really has helped me, but I will be honest the withdrawal at the beginning actually made me more nervous the first few days.
- Managing my stress with relaxation techniques really has benefitted me, you will experience it takes time and patience before you experience the benefits.
- Learning how to relax enough to experience quality sleep really made a dramatic difference, after going years with only 3-5 hours of sleep, it eventually caught up to me causing me physical health problems as well.
- Eating healthier with less junk food was a big challenge for me, you see this type of food is what seemed to calm me in the past whenever I become extremely nervous.
- Educating yourself is the real key that improved my own life, and you are on a good start by reading ” Why Am I Always Nervous”
- Socialize more often with your family and your friends, I isolated myself much of the time because going out made me even more anxious than staying home.
- Make it a point to change your negative thoughts into positive ones, this was one of the best changes that improved my own mental health. Every time you catch yourself thinking negatively, stop yourself and replace your thoughts with something positive instead.
Everyone is different on what works for them, so next, we are going to come up with a variety of relaxation techniques that you can experiment with. Trial and error is something you must expect until you find what works for you, but the important thing is to remember never to give up.
Why Do We Forget Things
Our memories often are a problem as well when we are nervous all the time, I really struggled to do the simplest things such as pay my bills on time. The days just went by so quickly, and before I knew it many of my bills were overdue. Another common problem I experienced was balancing my bank account, now the guide above will address why we do forget things and ways to solve this problem.
There are many relaxation techniques you can use effectively, I am going to provide you with a variety of choices to try on your own. You do have the option to learn these from a medical professional, so never think there is no help available. Some I learned on my own, and some from attending relaxation technique classes at my local hospital.
- Deep breathing
- Tai chi
With the ones listed above you can get started on the right track, and later on research on your own more ways to cope to manage your anxiety more effectively. If “ Why Am I Always Nervous” has been helpful, please share it with your family and your friends on social media.
Free Mood Tracker App
Tracking your mood is another good coping skill that is helping people, you have the option of starting a mood tracker diary or journal, and another one is using a free mood tracker app on your phone. Either method will provide you with the same benefits, so these are two more coping skills you can try if they interest you.
Relaxation Technique Benefits
Maybe you are not familiar with relaxation technique benefits, but you are not alone. I never heard of them myself before researching on the internet as well, you can learn what to expect by using these regularly below.
- Slowing heart rate
- Lowering blood pressure
- Slowing breathing rate
- Improving digestion
- Controlling blood sugar levels
- Reducing the activity of stress hormones
- Increasing blood flow to major muscles
- Reducing muscle tension and chronic pain
- Improving focus and mood
- Improving sleep quality
- Lowering fatigue
- Reducing anger and frustration
- Boosting confidence to handle problems
More Ways to Manage Your Anxiety Naturally
- Thinking positively
- Finding humor
- Managing time and priorities
- Exercising regularly
- Eating a healthy diet
- Getting enough sleep
- Spending time outside
- Reaching out to supportive family and friends
Gizmo is living proof you can improve your life dramatically naturally, you just need to take the first step to get started experimenting until you find the best ones for you. With so many options, there is something for everyone, keep positive and refuse to give up until you find what works for you.
Browse Deals n Steals
Deals n Steals is another one of my websites, you can find bargains with consumer guides as well, and my guides contain zero affiliate links. These are for informational help and resources only, if this sounds like something you would like to check out using the link provided above for easy access, feel free to do so.
Treating Yourself Special
Another mood booster is to find ways to be extra nice to yourself, even if you are on a tight budget there are ways to accomplish this. You also might find like me, by doing something for others might be great for your mood and self-esteem. Both of these are important to add to your routine regularly, so yet two more ways to ease your anxiety and improve your life naturally.
- Make nature walks a regular part of your routine
- Adopt a pet
- Drink herbal teas
- Volunteer at an animal shelter
- Treat yourself to a new houseplant or flowers
- Movie or game night with family and friends
- Start your own personal blog online
- Treat yourself to some healthy snacks
- Join a gym or the YMCA
My favorite hobby is collecting exotic tropical houseplants, you will find this can be addicting besides plants are a healthy addition to your apartment or your home. Maybe you have a yard, going for a herb garden or an outdoor veggie garden might be even better. Collecting provides people with a purpose, so what would you love to start collecting that fits your budget?
Essential oils are being used by more and more people with anxiety, you can also consider this as a coping skill as well. Now what is most important is to know which ones are the best ones to be using, I have taken the time to research this information to share with you.
- Best for aromatherapy: bergamot, clary sage
- Best to boost your mood: lemon balm, ylang ylang
- Best to calm your mind: holy basil, neroli
- Best to help you sleep: valerian, vetiver
- Best for meditation: frankincense, cedarwood
- Best for relaxation: Roman chamomile, rhododendron
- Best for stress: damask rose, peppermint
Lavender essential oil is my favorite one out of the list above, as I have shared what each of them is the best for will help you choose the right essential oil for you. Another one of my favorites is peppermint oil, I find this eases my nausea whenever I become extremely nervous.
Browse All My Self-Help Guides
For your convenience, I have included the link above to all of my guides. This will be a great time-saver, this is my way of thanking you for visiting Gizmos Self-Help Guides. If you have anything to share to help us from your own experiences, please leave them in my comments section for us all to benefit from.
Resources For Anxiety
Being nervous all the time robs us of enjoying our lives, I lost out on many things in the past simply because my anxiety was controlling me. This article is to help you avoid missing out on all that life can provide you, so thank you for visiting my website, and feel free to come again very soon.
Thank you once again for visiting my website and reading this guide, together we can help one another solve any problem we are facing. With so many of us dealing with the same problems, why not help each other find the best solutions that work by sharing in my comments section?
7 thoughts on “Why Am I Always Nervous”
I have generalised anxiety and social anxiety. I use a number of the natural methods you have mentioned and I also try to just live a healthy life in general.
We have generalized anxiety and social anxiety in common, you have a good plan to focus on living a healthy life in general. I do the same myself, thank you again for opening up to my readers and me
Thank you and yes I think healthy living helps a lot.
Healthy living is the key to our being happy, but many of us don’t take this serious until our health begins to decline
I completely agree, without our health we have nothing.
Thank you, Pooja
Being unhealthy since birth, I cherish my health more than maybe many other people. Without being healthy life is so much more difficult, and enjoying life can be a challenge when you lack the energy
I was unhealthy when I was born and an infant too. So health is particularly important to me too.