When we think of addiction, most of us will associate alcohol and drugs. There is something even as addictive as these that you might not even think about, and those are what we are putting into our bodies at meal times.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link.
What foods are addictive is the subject we are going to discuss today, many of us never think of how these could be sabotaging our losing those extra pounds. When you are fighting your cravings, that is the addiction haunting you.
Weight Loss Guides
Let us try something new today, we are going, to begin with, some of my favorite weight loss guides. No need you wasting your valuable time searching my website, this will provide you with what I consider my best that will benefit you.
- Foods That Cause Weight Gain
- Why are Processed Foods Unhealthy
- Are Protein Shakes Meal Replacements
- Do Weight Loss Creams Work
- Best Weight Loss Home Workout
The guides on the list above are favorites of my readers, so that is how I chose which ones to share with you. They have received the most shares and likes, if any of these will be of help to you feel free to read them at your convenience at any time.
Food Addiction Signs
Many of us might be experiencing this without even realizing it, Virtua Health shared in a blog post that this is just as serious as being addicted to drugs, alcohol, and even gambling. To help you understand if you are a victim, we are going to learn what are the signs.
- Uncontrollable overeating when you want to stop
- Overweight and struggling to lose those extra pounds
- Feeling good feelings while consuming these foods
- Guilty feelings after eating them
Amazingly, these give us the very same feelings as drugs, alcohol, and gambling. Many people find this is even more of a struggle to control, one reason is we all must eat to fuel our bodies. Staying away from the other types might be easier than avoiding the foods we are putting into our bodies, let us move on to the next paragraph to learn what are the most addicting.
Hancock Regional Hospital was kind enough to write the article with the world’s most addictive foods, you will find most of these are extremely familiar. Knowing what they are will open your eyes, and possibly be a great asset when grocery shopping next time.
- Ice Cream
- French Fries
- Fried Chicken
- Buttered Popcorn
- Breakfast Cereal
- Gummy Candy
Before you go crazy, we don’t need to eliminate these from our favorites completely. What we must do is learn how to control our consumption of them, one way is self-control when grocery shopping and another is to join a support group.
Least Addictive Foods
One way to control our consumption of these is to add more of the least addictive foods instead, thanks again to Hancock Regional Hospital Organization that is what we will find out next.
- Beans without sauce
- Brown Rice
- Corn with no butter or salt
- Leafy Greens
Of course, these are what we should be eating to lose weight anyway. What works for me is to eat a big salad first at every meal, and then if I do treat myself to addictive foods, I find that I eat much less of them. Another thing that works is only purchasing one of the bad choices on every grocery shopping trip, you might need to skip certain aisles if temptation gets the best of you.
Food Addiction Guide
There are many more than included in this guide so far to eat in moderation, we are going to learn next how to know which ones to stay away from if temptation gets the best of us while grocery shopping.
- High Carb Foods
- Artificial Sweeteners
To make this extremely simple for you to understand, what you want to avoid are too many processed foods. Now, this should clear up any misunderstandings we might have on what to avoid or eat in moderation, you will be amazed in only a few weeks how your cravings will decrease and the extra pounds will begin to melt away.
Food Addiction Support
For those of you in search of finding food addiction support, I have included a link that will help you. Let us find out how this works, no use wasting your time if this is not going to be something that you are interested in doing.
- The first step is simply to choose the type you are searching for, in in-person, via video conference, or by phone.
- Next, what day of the week works best for you
- City, state, province, zip code, or even country
- Choose your preferred language
- What time of the day is the best for your schedule
- How far in distance are you able to travel
- Click Search
- Search for Food Addiction Support by Clicking Here
The Food Addicts Organization provides this service, now you are not alone in your quest to lose weight and overcome your addiction. Here is my first freebie that might interest you, what I have is a free healthy food printable chart. Anyone in need of this is more than welcome to print this out, even if you don’t have a printer you can save this guide in your browser favorites.
No More Crazy Diets
Forget all those crazy diets that promise you the success that you crave, diets are short-term and Gizmo recommends you forget all of them. What works for me is making lifestyle changes instead, once you get into healthy habits you are going to experience long-term success.
- Begin drinking more water throughout your day, how I accomplish this by having my favorite water bottle with me everywhere I go. Focus on sipping regularly during your day, and avoid gulping which often causes bloating in most people.
- Start the day by drinking one glass of water before breakfast, you will find this will help you to avoid overeating first thing in the morning.
- Make it a point to include healthy fats, some of my favorites are avocados and nuts.
- Cut back on processed foods in moderation, also replace red meat with fatty fish instead.
- Portion control containers can be your best friend, many are colored for each food group.
- For snacks and treats use smaller bowls instead of larger ones to control how much you consume, we all know how easy it is to eat way too much of our favorite processed foods.
- Pasta and potatoes are high in sugar which will sabotage your weight loss goals, now eating smaller portions in moderation are what Gizmo recommends.
- Managing your stress will also control your appetite, many of us when stressed out overeat especially high-calorie foods.
- Are you getting enough sleep, you will find the majority of people raid the fridge or pantry when they can’t sleep. I have experienced using the supplement Melatonin to be a good solution for my own insomnia.
- Stay busy with activities that don’t include eating, walking nature trails near my apartment works for me. You also could go bowling or cycling if they interest you more, anything that you enjoy that keeps your mind off of food is something to consider.
- Instead of working out, I instead find activities that I enjoy that give me exercise and enjoyment at the same time.
- Including high-fiber snacks is a very good lifestyle change, you can find many of them that you will actually find to ease those cravings.
- Watching your alcohol consumption is more important than you might realize, these are made from grains which are now known to contribute to gaining unwanted weight. That is why they call it a beer belly, even wine should be consumed in moderation.
- Into working out at home, YouTube provides tons of videos such as dancing that can be fun and manage your weight at the same time.
- Choosing low-fat protein has always been an asset to weight loss, in my next paragraph I will give you some of them.
Did my lifestyle guide inspire you, and if so please share this self-help guide with your family and your friends. Possibly it is worth sharing on your social media, you can be my best marketing strategy to reach more people.
Recommended Protein Sources
As I mentioned in my last paragraph, here you are going to find the better protein choices. Before we check them out below, I would like to invite you to join my auto-notifications. You will receive every guide as they are published, so this will allow you to read only the ones that really interest you. No SPAM ever will be delivered to your email, that is not how this website works.
- Tuna is affordable and convenient
- Eggs are an inexpensive way to consume more protein
We now have some very good protein sources to consider, almonds are a great snack alternative you can have at almost anytime. We also talked about fun activities that don’t involve food, that is what I have next for you.
Make Exercise Fun
In the past, I used to work out regularly 3 to 4 times per week at the YMCA. Many times pushing myself to go was a struggle for me, that might be the same for you as well. How can we make it fun is coming up now, this could change your entire lifestyle and accomplish your weight loss goals.
- Walking nature trails is one of my favorites during nice weather days, and since I live with my Miniature Australian Shepherd he tags along.
- Volunteering with organizations that create community gardens or maintain parks and walking trails is awesome for exercise and making new friends.
- Love animals what about volunteering to walk the dogs, many shelters would love you to walk the dogs for them.
- Join a garden club, you can work off calories in no time by gardening chores and maintenance.
- Get together with some of your buddies at the park, you can start a regular football game or some other sport that everyone would love to play.
- Volleyball at the beach is never a dull time, and how many people would not love to spend the day at the beach with you?
- Adopt a pet from your local shelter, nothing will motivate you to get out of the house more than a puppy or a dog.
- Spend time with family activities, just ask your children what they want to do and they will for sure keep you active.
- Winter time many of us become couch potatoes, why not bundle up and go sled riding, skiing, snowboarding, or building a snowman?
- Dancing is another popular activity, especially for the ladies, I would love to know why women can’t get enough dancing time. Leave me why dancing is such fun for you ladies, you can share this with all of us in my comments section.
- No matter your age, bike riding is becoming extremely popular. Even seniors are getting in on this activity where I am living, this is my last suggestion but there are so many more to explore.
By now you should be inspired to make some positive changes in your lifestyle, I promise you this will be much easier and more fun than pushing yourself to go to the gym or YMCA all the time.
Weight Loss Product Warnings
Gizmo will never recommend any weight loss products, and the reason why is I would never take them myself to lose weight. There are some things you should consider before using any of them, but the final decision will be your own if you feel safe taking weight loss products.
- Terrible side effects are possible for some people
- Possibly could be harmful if you are on prescription medications
- Taking several of them at the same time the results are unknown
- Consult your physician before starting to use any of them
- Some of these products could be gimmicks just to get your money
- Some have been found to have hidden ingredients not listed on the labels
- Quite expensive and many are a waste of your money
- Many contain high amounts of caffeine that can cause anxiety and other complications
- May cause addiction to the products and withdrawal symptoms if stopped taking them
The information above was found on the National Institute of Health website, there just is not enough evidence that these are safe. Ask yourself if is it worth the risks to take a chance with weight loss products, the decision is totally up to you and again Gizmo strongly suggests you consult your physician before making your decision.
Free Lifestyle Apps
I must admit free apps are something that is shared with you in many of my guides, with so many people into them these can be very helpful to you. 3.5K monthly views and growing regularly on Gizmos Self-Help Guides Pinterest Board, if you happen to have an account feel free to visit me at any time. Just another way for you to follow me if you desire to, now let us see what apps I have for you.
The four above will give you a good start if you are not using them, you can search for more as well while you are on Play. Google. That is where these are located, I try to be as honest with you as I possibly can.
This paragraph is going to focus on the best low-calorie foods for losing weight, now for anyone struggling this list is recommended by dieticians. Where did I find this you might be thinking, and the answer is the Prevention website.
- Spinach is tastier than you might imagine mixed in your salad, and I even eat it alone with a little oil and vinegar dressing.
- Brussel Sprouts
- Cottage Cheese
- Black Beans
- Pork Tenderloin
Any surprises that you might not have known about, I decided to include this because many people struggle to find enough variety in their meals. When you make the majority of your food with low calories, naturally you are going to become leaner in less time than you can imagine.
Even though most people know these foods, you might not realize how much they can sabotage your weight loss plan. Even more, these contribute to the risk of cancers, and this came from the World Cancer Research Fund. Besides losing weight you are reducing your risk for cancer, so this you could say is a double bonus.
- Ice Cream
- Fast Food
Once again processed foods are our worse enemy, these are loaded with all the ingredients that will cause us to become overweight. Even more important is the risk for many diseases, why they don’t make these healthier is beyond me.
For those of you who love to read, we have just a handful of books I recommend that you consider. I do receive a very small commission if you make a purchase, but that is not the main reason these books are included in this guide.
- Fat Chance Beating the Odds
- How Fast Food is Killing Us and What We Can Do About It
- 100 Days of Real Food on a Budget
- Cooking That Counts 1200 to 1500 Calorie Meal Plans
- Readers Digest Food Cures Delicious Superfoods
To be honest with you this website is not a business, God has spoken to my heart that this is my purpose in my life. You see being unhealthy with an autoimmune disease my entire life, I have the passion to help you. I earn a very small commission averaging less than one dollar per day, but that is not what motivates me. Money has never been important to me, as long as I have enough to live that is fine with me.
Gizmo Loves Helping You
Self-help guides are possible solutions that you might not know about yourself, and many people lack the time to do the research themself. Weight loss is only one topic provided by this website, and as it grows more will be added as time goes by.
I receive my motivation from all the people that I help, and with my, Pinterest views regularly growing that really inspires me that people appreciate what I am doing. My Twitter followers also are growing which pleases me, and with every new person who wants my auto-notifications that just makes writing so much more worth doing.