What causes newborn constipation is focusing on helping new mothers and expecting women, even if you are a grandmother this might interest you to read and learn from good old Gizmo.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link. You always come before profit on this website, there will be very few links to merchandise and the ones I include are to help you.
What Causes Newborn Constipation
This can be a concern, especially for new mothers with their first bundle of joy. Many times physicians share that infants often have not developed a regular bowel movement right away. Switching from breast milk to formula can contribute to this problem, there have been rare cases the cause has been from the nerves to the intestines not working properly.
Is Your Baby Constipated?
- Fewer bowel movements than normal for them
- Straining more than normal to poop
- Small, hard pebbles
- Bloated hard belly
- Crying all the time for no other apparent reason
What Can Mothers Do?
- A few ounces of 100% fruit juice once a day, apples, cherries, and pears are good choices.
- Pureed pears, peaches, or prunes instead of giving them juice is even better if they are old enough to eat food.
- Oatmeal cereal is a much better choice for breakfast than rice cereal, some babies become constipated from rice.
- Trying to give them a warm bath is another option to consider.
- After giving these a try without success, you should consult your physician for testing of their intestine nerve functioning.
Never give your baby laxatives, baby mineral oil, or enemas without first talking to your doctor. This basic guide was provided by the Nationwide Children’s Organization, we are now ready to move on to learn more about newborns in the following paragraphs.
This disease is the missing nerve cells in the muscles of the baby’s colon, what will happen is their poop can back up causing a bowel blockage. Surgery is required to solve this problem, if you have any thoughts this could be happening consult your physician immediately for testing.
What to Watch For in Newborns
- Swollen belly
- Vomit the color of green or brown
- Excess gas
- Delay of your newborn’s first bowel movement
According to the Mayo Clinic Organization, there is no known cause at this time. What happens is the infant’s nerve cells in the colon don’t form completely. This is a very good resource to add to your favorites, now let us learn more.
Is Your Baby at Risk?
- Any family history of this disease
- Male babies experience this more than female babies
- Down syndrome and congenital heart disease infants experience this more often as well.
Now that we know more about this disease, mothers can get their newborns tested earlier. This will be a great asset in caring for them, so even if this is not the case ask your physician about testing them if you are worried.
Visit Gizmo on Pinterest
Expecting Mother Tools
This paragraph is dedicated to all you expecting women, what you are going to get access to are some tools. The internet is an awesome resource for anything that you are dealing with, and that is what this website is all about. Finding them and sharing them with you is a priority, you will find this is not your ordinary self-help guide pushing merchandise for you to purchase.
- Due Date Calculator
- Ovulation Calculator
- Baby Feeder Tracker
- Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator
- Track Your Pregnancy Week by Week
Where can you get access to these tools might be on your mind, and that is what I am going to help you with. All of them are located on one website, not just any site but one that is highly recommended for what to expect during pregnancy. The name is What to Expect, and Heidi Murkoff is a nice lady devoted to helping you.
What to Expect
Since I shared the tools and a little about this resource, it feels only right to tell you a little more about what you will find by visiting Ms. Heidi. If you would like to know her even better, you can read more about her by clicking here.
- Getting Pregnant
- First Year
- Baby Products
- Registry Builder
Gizmo has no association with Ms. Heidi, so by sharing her website I am doing it only to help you. There is no financial gain by my promoting this lady and her blog, this is a very good resource for women expecting.
Visit What to Expect
Healthy Pregnancy Guide
Children are so precious, we need to be more careful during our pregnancy to bring them into our lives healthy. Below there are some basic suggestions on how to accomplish that goal, I want to thank you for reading “What Causes Newborn Constipation”.
- Stay as active as you possibly can, one good habit to start is to take a walk every single day. Even a short nature walk will work wonders for your baby and for you, even if exercise is not your thing try walking instead.
- Being sure to be eating healthy meals and snacks, cutting back on processed foods, and adding more fruits and vegetables is a good strategy.
- Pay especially attention to your unborn newborn’s movements during your pregnancy, this can be extremely important to detect any possible problems.
- After your third semester, it is recommended to start sleeping on your side. This is recommended for the safety of your unborn infant, it is believed this may protect them from stillbirth.
- Pay particular attention to your feelings at this time, with hormonal changes anxiety and depression during pregnancy is quite common.
- Postpone any traveling after 37 weeks of your pregnancy, this can put extra stress on your body and your baby.
- Of course, you want to avoid unhealthy substances such as alcoholic beverages, and smoking as much as possible. Any drugs should be consulted with your physician before taking them, this even includes over-the-counter medications.
Alcohol and smoking addiction during your pregnancy can be a stressful time, if you just are not able to avoid them completely, do your best to cut back as much as you possibly are able to.
Maternity Clothing Deals
Another important feature I include in my guides is shopping tips, maybe not in every single guide will you find them. Gizmo does try to provide them for you whenever the opportunity arises, but they are not always appropriate for all of my self-help guide topics.
- Bassinet, cradle, or crib
- Rocking chair or glider
- Fitted crib sheets
- Baby monitor
- Nightlight or lamp
- Dresser or chest
- Receiving blankets
- Changing table
- Clothes basket or hamper
Expecting mothers might not think of everything if they are without guidance, every woman does not have a mother or grandmother to aid them in preparing for what they and their baby will need. This list will get you started on the right path for being prepared, think of this as a bonus for reading “What Causes Newborn Constipation”
Where To Shop
As an extra bonus, here are some stores online that you might want to consider browsing. These are just a few that you could find the best deals, Gizmo also tries to save you money as well as information and resources.
- JC Penney
- BuyBuy Baby
- My Kids USA
- The Children’s Place
- Old Navy
- Honest Baby Clothing
Now you have some stores to start shopping, many of them might already be on your favorites list. Some could be brand new to you as well, no matter what I am more than happy to provide them in this article.
Baby Clothing Deals
What About New Moms
We have been focusing more on what your new addition will need, I would like to include in this section what new mothers might need. Often women will spend quite a bit on their unborn child, but they don’t think about what they are going to need until after their newborn is home.
- Postpartum recovery kit
- Comfortable clothing and bras
- Bedside rolling cart
- Postnatal vitamins
- Relaxation activities
- Prepared meals
- Helping hands
- Healthy boundaries
- Household support
- Handpicked resources
- Postpartum therapist
- Lactation consultant
- Pelvic floor specialist
- Sleep plan
- Community support
If this guide has been helpful, please consider sharing it with your family and friends. Even better sharing on social media can reach more people, and Gizmo really does appreciate any assistance from his readers.
Christian Pregnancy Podcast
Pregnancy can be a scary time for first-time mothers, since I just stumbled upon this Christian Pregnancy Podcast, I thought that this was something to share. Below you can view some of the examples available, and if they interest you, please let me know in my comments section if you have the time.
- Pregnancy and Motherhood Prayer
- Partnering with God Through Motherhood
- How Men and Husbands Can Help and Support During Active Labor
- How to Deal with Difficult Family Members as a Pregnant Mom
- How to Have a Christian Labor and Delivery Experience
- Exercising and Working Out During Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Insomnia as a Mom or Mom-to-be
- Browse and Explore Christian Pregnancy Podcasts
Being a Christian myself, I know the value of resources that are Christian-related. This is included for anyone interested, you don’t need to be a Christian to benefit from this awesome resource. Next on my list is the best budget-friendly gift ideas for new moms, if this was inspirational please let me know.
Visit Gizmo on Twitter
Best Gifts For New Moms
Maybe you know a new mom who you are shopping for a gift, and you have hit the jackpot today. Gizmo is going to provide you with the best-selling gifts that will cost you under $25.00, who says we need to spend a lot for nice gifts for new moms?
- Soothing Nursing Pillows
- Silicone Breast Pump
- Natural Baby Bottle with Natural Nipple Response
- Swaddle Blankets
- Gift Cards
- Ice Roller
- Nasal and Ear Cleaner
- Gift Sets
- Space Saving Drying Rack
I am positive if you start browsing some of the online stores, you will find even more budget-friendly gift ideas. Remember it is not how much you spend that matters, but instead how thoughtful of a gift that you give. Some of the most inexpensive keepsakes can be the most treasured by moms, now we are ready for my resource paragraph.
Every guide includes resources to conclude whatever topic I am writing about, this has really become an important part of my website for me. It is another way for me to thank you for reading “What Causes Newborn Constipation” today.
- National Maternity Mental Health Hotline
- Newborn Acid Reflux Guide
- Pregnancy Chatroom
- Why is My Period Late
Another self-help guide to aid you to solve a problem, and by the way, this is my first article in my new category of “Children’s s Health”. That means more will be coming very soon focusing on the health of your little boys and your little girls, I am dedicating this to helping new parents.