For many elderly people getting to their medical appointments can be a problem, so that is the reason we are going to explore transportation services for seniors. This really is an important issue for many older people, let us learn more about how to solve this problem.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link. Be my quest to click on the link in this paragraph to learn more about how this works, being honest with you is extremely important to this website.
Affordable Transportation Services
Being many senior citizens are living on a low income, we are going to seek out the most affordable options in this paragraph. After this, we will look into any free services that might be available, and plenty more valuable information in the remainder of this article.
- Public transportation is available in many areas, you will want to check into this, some even provide free passes to folks in their senior years. If not, discount rates are usually offered so this is worth checking out.
- Go Go Grandparent provides us with services such as Uber and similar services, what is cool about this you can schedule on-demand.
- Lyft is another option recommended, for those of you comfortable with smartphones this can be a very easy and convenient transportation service to keep in mind.
- Veyo partners with many insurance companies for non-emergency medical appointments, this is especially a good choice if you are experiencing mobility health problems.
- Another worthy service to check into goes by the name of ITN America, locations are limited, but if this is available in your area, it is worth learning more about.
- Arrive Rides makes the statement on its website “Getting a Ride is as Easy as Picking Up the Phone” You don’t even have to pay your driver directly, use the link to learn more if this is right for you.
- Silver Ride has a very impressive website that catches your eye, Their slogan is riding with them is like riding with the family, yet another good option worth taking the time to learn more about.
- Ride with Via provides an impressive 115 million rides and more, they have over 500 partners. This one even is available in over 35 countries, this could be the answer to many of your transportation problems.
The list above will provide you with good places to begin your search, now for those of you who might be on a very tight budget, let us see what free options we can find. With high medical expenses, many seniors are not able to really afford to pay when needing regular visits to several physicians.
Free Transportation Options
Gizmo really puts helping you as his first priority, being retired myself, this is the way God wants me to spend the rest of my life. See I have been praying to him for quite some time about how I could help people, then one day he guided me to create a website to accomplish this.
- Free transportation through volunteer services is at the top of the list, there are over 1000 organizations that provide this for senior citizens.
- Programs for the Elderly is a resource that you will love that you found out about, they provide you with a variety of information all on one website.
- Did you know your health insurance just might provide this benefit, since I have had to be going to specialists in the city, this has been the free service that I have been using myself?
- What Medicare Benefits do you have, this is worth talking to them about to find out if they provide you with transportation.
We are going to explore even more problem-solving for seniors, so please keep reading if you have the time. If this is your first time on this website, you will be happy to know helping you is what motivates every article written. Next, there are a few deals in the next paragraph as a thank you for spending your time with me.
Every guide provides a few deals to save you money and time, you have the option to pass these up or check them out. These are affiliates of Gizmo, so this website does earn a very small commission if you happen to purchase any merchandise. Instead of pushing expensive products, providing you with the best buys is my intention. Money is not a motivator, but instead helping you in any way I possibly can is what inspires me.
- Under $25.00 Clearance Deals
- Farmhouse Home Decor
- 10.00 and Less Clearance
- Get Cash Back at 3500 Plus Stores
- Browse Today’s Top Deals
With Gizmos deals out of the way, we are ready to continue with transportation services for seniors. You will find more valuable information and resources in the remaining paragraphs. Feel free to share this with your family and your friends, we can help more people by working together to spread the word.
Home Care Services
Before you browse the home care services for seniors, you might find it interesting that the most needed service is mobility assistance. I just thought this might be useful to anyone who might be a caregiver, now you are free to browse the list provided below.
- Mobility Assistance
- Modifying Senior Apartments and Homes
- Personal Care
- Health Care
- Adult Daycare
- Assisted Living
- Senior Housing Options
Did you find this information helpful, maybe you are aware of programs that you could share with us in my comments section. I really encourage you to help one another through this website, we are all in this together. We all are getting older in age, so the more we know now will benefit us in the future, if not right now.
Senior State Resources
Resources are extremely important to this website to provide you, actually, that is one of the features Gizmo is the proudest of . Becoming an authority in problem-solving solutions is the goal, and in my mind resources are the keys to succeeding in accomplishing this.
- Meals on Wheels
- Nutrition Counseling
- Food Assistance
- Financial Assistance
- Caregiver Assistance Programs
- Legal Aid
- State Health Insurance Aid
- Senior Companion Programs
- Household Assistance
- Transportation Services
- Self-Directed Care
- Senior Employment
- Prescription Assistance
- Senior Housing
- Senor Apartment Living
- Section 8 Housing
- Home Repair and Modification
- Heating, and Energy Assistance
- Burial Assistance
- State Agencies for the Aging
This really can be valuable information to be aware of, many of us might not realize there are so many state resources for us in our senior years. By including this, I really feel better, just use the link provided to find help no matter where you live in the United States.
Meals on Wheels Organization
My elderly mother just loves this service, so that encouraged me to provide you with more information. I figure if my own mother loves this, why would not you or your loved ones benefit by knowing more about Meals on Wheels.
- Nutritious Meals
- Improves Your Health
- Provides Resistance to Becoming Sick
- Chronic Health Benefits
- Delivered Right to Your Apartment or Home
- Great Resource for Mobility Hindered Seniors
- 60 and Over Quality
- Disabled Individuals Should Appy No Matter Your Age
- Zero to Extremely Affordable Fee
- Find a Meals on Wheels Provider Near You
Most Meals on Wheels programs begin the process through an application, which may then lead to an assessment of the need for meals and other supportive services. Some programs may additionally require a referral letter from a doctor or social worker. Contact your local program to find out how to get the ball rolling in your community.
Senior Shopping Tips
Shopping Tips for is another bonus for reading about transportation services for seniors, below are a few that you might want to consider to save you money. Getting to medical appointments is not only important, but a major problem for many of us. We all don’t have family and friends willing to drive us to them, anyway here is some shopping resources that might benefit you.
- AT & T Senior Plans
- Consumer Cellular
- Silver Sneakers
- Outback Steakhouse
- Amazon Prime
- Walmart Pharmacy
These is just a few that might be worth you considering looking into, we all need to stretch our budget once we retire. you can browse all of my self-help guides by clicking the link in this paragraph, just my way of providing you with easy access instead of you searching on your own.
Should I Stop Driving Red Flags
With more severe health problems, I know my driving days are limited. It is very difficult to give up your transportation, we are going to learn what to look for to know when it is time to give up driving ourselves.
- Drifting into other lanes.
- Straddling lanes.
- Making sudden lane changes.
- Ignoring or missing stop signs and traffic signals.
- Increased confusion while driving in traffic.
- Braking or stopping abruptly without cause.
- Accelerating suddenly without reason.
- Coasting to a near stop amid moving traffic.
- Pressing simultaneously on the brake and accelerator pedals while driving.
- Difficulty seeing pedestrians, objects as well as other vehicles.
- Increasing levels of anxiety while driving.
- Driving significantly slower than the posted speed limit or general speed of other vehicles.
- Backing up after missing an exit or turn.
- Difficulty reacting quickly and/or processing multiple stimuli.
- Problems with back/neck flexibility and turning to see traffic/hazards around the car.
- Getting lost or disoriented easily, even in familiar places.
- Failing to use turn signals or keeping signals on without changing lanes.
- Increased “close calls” and “near misses.”
- Receipt of two or more traffic citations or warnings in the past two years.
- Dents and scrapes on their car or on surrounding objects where they drive and park at home, such as fences, mailboxes, garage doors, and curbs.
Can you relate to the warning signs that you just read, if you are interested to read more about these, visit the website “Aging Care”. Another good resource to add to your favorites, and maybe you know someone who needs to stop driving. If so please send them the link to this article, you could be saving their life.
That concludes what I have for you today, before you leave, here is a list of my topics that might benefit you. Gizmo will be working to add more as well, so if you have any in mind feel free to share them in my comments section.
- Exercise n Fitness
- Home n Garden
- Mental Health
- Pet Care
- Weight Loss
That is all that I have for you at this time, so before you move on I want to thank you once again for visiting my website. You are the reason Gizmo remains motivated to keep writing, any feedback is much appreciated to make our website even better.