Living in the state of Pennsylvania after August fleas become a problem, and they are seeking a warm home for the winter months ahead.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link.
If you are like me, you might not like the idea of using chemicals on your pet. Natural Flea Treatment for Kittens and Puppies is the topic today, whenever you are ready let us begin learning something new today.
Natural Flea Treatment
With baby animals such as kittens and puppies, you want to avoid chemical-loaded products. You will find that they state not to use many products on animals less than 6 months old, but sadly the fleas don’t care about the age of your pet when shopping for a new home.
- Dawn dish soap is gentle and safe as a natural treatment for fleas, and even diluted in the water this has been found to be more effective than many of us might realize.
- Preparing a simple gentle dish soap with a small amount of water in a bowl in the room with the most fleas is an easy and effective method of controlling them.
- The best time to prepare and place the bowl is at night, and the reason for this is fleas are nocturnal. You might notice at night is when your kitten or puppy is fussing the most, so that is why.
- The best plants that repel fleas can be a gardener and a pet’s best friend, below I have listed the better ones to consider adding to your apartment or your home.
- Lavender is my favorite mixed in a spray bottle with water, I use a 16-ounce bottle purchased from my local dollar tree store. Add approximately 20 drops of this essential oil and then fill it with water, spraying directly on your pet and furniture works extremely well naturally.
- Spearmint is the second recommendation that works well for me, so these two are the ones that Gizmo suggests you try before any others.
- Penny Royal essential oil mixed similar to the lavender remedy is my third choice, now you have a few easy methods to choose from.
The remedies above can be used for your kitten or your puppy without concern, we are just getting started so keep reading to learn more of what is waiting for you.
Red Flags to Watch For
Possibly you just added a kitten or pup into your home, with being brand new to being a pet owner you might not know what to watch out for. We are going to learn this information in this section, so if this is important keep reading, and if not feel free to move on to my next paragraph.
- Tail biting is often a early sign fleas are a problem
- Hair loss
- Scooting along the floor
- Bare raw areas are referred to as hot spots
- Excessive licking
- Learn How to Check for Fleas on kittens and puppies
Now we know the red flags to watch out for, another important part of the treatment is to eliminate the fleas from your apartment or your home. If not, they will just keep infecting your pet laying eggs and increasing in numbers.
Home Invasion Tips
Even though these pests will not harm people, they still can be a problem if they find their way into your furniture, carpets, and possibly even your own bed. That is the next problem-solving solution we are going to discuss next, let us learn more below.
- Vacuum your apartment or home regularly
- Steam clean the carpets and furniture
- Wash all bedding in hot water including your pets and your own
- Using a Natural Flea Insecticide for highly infected areas
- Setting up natural flea traps
- Apply Essential Oils to any problem areas in your home
- Apply diatomaceous earth in corners of your rooms
- Purchase an inexpensive flea comb for grooming
- Bath your kitten or puppy
- For severe cases contact a vet for a prescription
- Take special care in maintaining your lawn for overgrown areas
- Treat problem areas outdoors if needed
- Excessive problems contact an exterminator
- For more details on how to get rid of fleas fast
This outlined guide was provided by WikiHow, many of you are familiar with this resource but might forget to use it to solve your problems. A good place to keep this is on your browser favorites, with that said we are going to move on to help you even more.
Natural Flea Guide
Caring for your fur baby is just as important as caring for a human baby, you must be careful to avoid using harsh chemical-loaded products. In this paragraph we are going to learn some useful tips for pet parents, below are some very useful ones to know.
- Dawn and Castile’s soap is highly recommended, so using either of these you know they are safe to bathe your fur baby.
- Filling a bowl with vodka and using a flea comb is another free tip that might be brand new to you.
- Applying just a little brewers yeast after they are bathed and dry, go with one teaspoon or less
- A quarter teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in their water bowl strengthens their immune system as well as repels those nasty pests.
- Using equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water after a bath in a spray bottle is a flea repelling conditioner.
- Mild laundry detergent with a half cup of borax is an effective mixture for any fleas or eggs to wash their bedding.
- If you choose to purchase diatomaceous earth be sure to shop for the food-grade type.
Possibly there are some new tips that you were not aware of, and if so that means I have done my job writing Natural Flea Treatments for Kittens. There are many ways we can avoid harsh chemicals if we put in the effort, and that is the purpose of this self-help guide.
As a special gift for visiting my website, I have some free coupons to show my appreciation. Before you browse them, I just want to remind you about my auto-notifications sign-up opportunity. All you will receive in your email are my most recent guide alerts, I promise you Gizmo will never push merchandise at you.
Just a few popular stores with a nice amount of free coupons, you will notice the number available after each one. I tried to find you worthy freebies to save you money, even though they are not pet-related they might interest some of you. If you happen to feel generous today, sharing this article with your family and your friends would be much appreciated.
Another freebie I have for you today is free ebooks, now these might be even more interesting to you than the coupons. so if you are a reader feel free to browse the ones that I found for you.
- Rescued Pet Stories
- Pet Palace Cozy Mystery Series
- Flix and Flax and the New Pet
- Sinners Pet
- A Pet in the Park
- Teachers Pet
- The Pet Shop Boy
- Alien Pets
- Precious Pet
- Do Pets Go to Heaven
- Super Pets
- The Pet Hair Salon
- PET a Short Story
- Pet Panic
- Barking Mad at Murder
- Cozy Cat Caper Mystery
- Meow Right Now
- Divine Healings
- Princess Stories
- Happy a Short Story
- On The Rocks
- A Father for Christmas
- Christmas Lovebirds
- Browse Freebies on Google Play
Google Play is a good source to visit from time to time for their freebies, some of these are for children and others are for adults. You will find Ebooks and Audiobooks if you decide to check them out, now we are ready for what is next.
Best Pet Adoption Websites
Maybe you are shopping for a kitten or puppy, even a cat or a dog? If you are like me what is one more animal in the family, so to help you out here are the best places Woman’s Day recommends.
- Adopt a Pet
- Best Friends Animal Society
- Pet Smart Charities
- AKC Rescue Network
- The Shelter Pet Project
- Rescue Me
- Petco Foundation
- Interested in Learning More About Each of These?
Woman’s Day gives a detailed description of each one of these pet adoption organizations, now if you wish to read their entire blog post use the link provided above for more information. If you have any tips of your own, please feel free to share them in the comments section at the end of this self-help guide.
Gizmos Health Guides
Let us now learn about some of my other guides that might interest some of you, this is just to save you time browsing them on your own. Of course, you are more than welcome to check out all my articles if you have the time. Here are some that I have to share with you today, thank you very much for visiting my website.
- Homemade Healthy Cat Food Recipes
- Cardio Dance Workout Videos
- Do Weight Loss Creams Work
- Emotional Support Animal Letter Template
- Fun Indoor Youth Group Games
We are done learning about Natural Flea Treatments for Kittens and Puppies, you can find me on Twitter and Pinterest where I hang out regularly. Until next time take good care of your family and yourself, and be sure to cut back on chemical-loaded products as much as you can.