How to stay healthy during pregnancy is very important, we are going to research this to help you take care of yourself. This will provide you with an easier childbirth as well, now for all you ladies’ soon-to-be mothers this is dedicated to you.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link.
Welcome Bargain Hunters
It is awesome to have you reading my self-help guide, and before we get started here are some deals and bargains. I really do appreciate you visiting my website, this is just my way of thanking you.
- Browse Maternity Clothing Deals
- Maternity Accessories
- Pregnancy Deals
- Discount Health Products for Women
- Get Paid to Shop at All Your Favorite Stores
- Instant Savings on Healthy Snacks
If any of my finds above interest you feel free to browse, and if not that is quite alright. Gizmo makes providing you with valuable information a priority over profits, you will find the majority of my links will take you to good resources. That is the goal of the articles that I write for you, so the bargains and the deals are just a bonus.
Healthy Pregnancy Guide
We are not finished with my bargains and my deals, so are you ready to learn how to take care of your body for healthy childbirth? That is the goal of taking care of yourself during your pregnancy, let us now discuss how to stay healthy during your pregnancy.
- Take a prenatal vitamin
- Exercise regularly
- Write a birth plan
- Educate yourself
- Avoid harsh or toxic cleaners and heavy lifting
- Normal weight gain is 25-35 pounds during your pregnancy
- Shop for comfortable shoes
- Consume more lentils, asparagus, oranges, and fortified cereals.
- Eat dairy, canned fish, and soy
- Eat more fish low in mercury
- Eat foods high in fiber
- Avoid unpasteurized cheeses like Brie and Feta to reduce your risk of a miscarriage.
- Make veggies a priority
- Five well-balanced meals each day is a good meal plan.
- You only need 300-500 additional calories per day.
- Keep a food diary will keep you on track
- Limit your caffeine intake
- Aim for six 8-ounce glasses of water per day
Just by following the guide above, you are at a good start in staying healthy. What you put into your body matters more now than ever, so before you eat anything, ask yourself is this going to be good for my baby?
Safe Yoga Poses During Pregnancy
Yoga is one of your best forms of exercise to stay fit, you also will find out the poses below are recommended as the better ones to prepare you for a healthy delivery. In the old days, physicians were not encouraging exercising as they are today. Now they are saying this can be just as important as eating a healthy diet. Consult your doctor just to be sure this is alright for you to be doing, we want to never take any risks with harming our unborn baby.
- Standing side stretch.
- Wide knee child’s pose.
- Bound angle pose.
- Cat-cow pose.
- Yoga squat.
- Easy pose.
- Corpse Pose.
Yoga Poses to Avoid
- Belly-down postures
- Lying on your back
- Forward folds with feet together
- Twisting poses
- Pretzel poses
- Deep backbends
- Hot Yoga
We now understand which type of yoga poses to do and to avoid, so you can relax with yoga without worrying about harming your little boy or girl. For even more tips on exercising, please keep reading to learn even more.
Pelvic Floor Exercise Benefits
Pelvic floor workouts are another safe option to consider, we are going to discuss what are the benefits of doing these while you are expecting. As a favor to old Gizmo spread the word to your family and your friends, you are my best marketing strategy to reach more people. My goal is to become one of the better resources on the internet one day, and you can make this happen simply by sharing.
- Improves your bladder and your bowel functioning.
- Aids in strengthening your pelvic muscles
- Easier childbirth during delivery
- Quicker recovery after giving birth
- Safe to begin pelvic floor exercises as soon as you learn that you are expecting a baby.
- Two to three times per day is recommended for the most benefits.
The benefits of pelvic floor exercises are well worth taking the time to be doing, so take this into consideration and consult your physician before you begin any type of workout when you are expecting.
Are Ab Workouts Safe
Many women are really concerned about their abs, now we are going to discuss if these are safe to be doing. You will want to talk to your physician about this before anything else, they can provide you with important information to prevent you from harming yourself or your unborn child.
- Ab workouts are safe with modifications.
- Consult with your physician about how to modify your ab workouts.
- You are able to do these workouts two to three times per day during your entire pregnancy as long as you are comfortable.
- Improve your recovery time after giving birth
- Reduces severe back pain for some women.
- Pelvic organ support.
- Improves your posture.
Another type of exercise to stay healthy during your pregnancy, as long as you are not experiencing any discomfort or pain, ab workouts with the proper modifications provide you with many benefits.
Positive Benefits Of Exercise
We all are aware staying active provides us with many health benefits, but how many of you know what being active does when you are expecting, That is what I am going to share with you below, I really want you to be inspired and motivated to stay healthy while you are pregnant.
- Provides you with more stamina.
- Heart health benefits.
- Improves your overall fitness.
- Easier labor and delivery experience.
- Reduces your risk of complications
- Stay positive and beat depression.
- Anxiety relief.
- Able to face stress more effectively.
- Controls your blood pressure to remain at safe levels.
- Reduces the severity of back pain.
- Less pelvic pain.
- Increases your energy levels naturally.
- Women who exercise during pregnancy experience a better quality of sleep.
- Constipation relief
- Reduces delivery complications during childbirth.
- Recover quicker after giving birth.
With so many benefits, staying active physically is something every lady should make a priority. If not for yourself, why not for the safety of your unborn baby? Everything you do can make a positive or a negative impact, we have more coming in the following paragraphs that you really should make a point to read.
Best Exercise Equipment
Many of you might be a member of a gym or the YMCA, this gives you access to a variety of exercise equipment. Now many of you might not be sure which of these are safe for you to be using, even though I am giving you what is recommended. Never use any of these without permission from your doctor, being extra safe is always the best.
- Stationary bikes
- Stair climbers
- Rowing machines
- Low-impact exercise machines
- Light-weight strength training
Remember to be safe while using any of the equipment recommended, if you feel any discomfort or pain stop immediately. These are warning signs you never want to ignore, now let us move on to what I have for you next.
What you will find on my board is all of my guides in one place, this can be very convenient for those of you who spend your time on the Pinterest website. Just another option to keep up with any new articles that I publish, you also can sign up for my mini-guide publication if you desire.
Changes in your appetite are quite normal for many women, so don’t become alarmed and start stressing out that something is wrong. There are several reasons that this can be happening, that is what we are going to learn about below.
- Morning sickness is one of the most common reasons this might happen, who wants to eat when they are experiencing a sick feeling in their tummy?
- Nausea will make anyone lose interest in food, and this is a symptom most of you will experience.
- Approximately 70% of pregnant women hug the toilet from vomiting, so another good reason your appetite might have changed.
- Hormone changes also can decrease your interest in food.
- Many women also experience a sensitivity to specific scents, even the aroma from certain food can be a trigger.
After the morning sickness period ends, you will notice your interest in food will increase once again. For many of you, healthy snacking is your best strategy until your appetite returns. Below is a link that might interest some of you, feel free to leave me any comments in my comment section at the end of this article.
Morning Sickness Guide
Since morning sickness is very common among pregnant ladies, I felt providing you with some options to give a try is worth including. Gizmo really wants to solve your problems with as many solutions as possible in every article, that is my whole purpose for providing you with this website.
- Every few hours eat just a little snack instead of trying to consume regular meals.
- Crackers are known to be a great choice to combat nausea, even though I am not pregnant, I do experience graham crackers to help me in the morning with nausea relief.
- Focus on light foods rather than heavy ones work best for most people.
- Avoid carbs and fat, but instead, go with protein.
- Yogurt, cottage cheese, milk, nuts, and seeds are good choices to try first.
- Be sure to stay hydrated with plenty of water, if you are not into plain water, try adding a piece of watermelon or your favorite fruit.
- Instead of lying down when your tummy is making you feel sick, trying sitting up instead works better for the majority of people.
- Chamomile, ginger. lemon, orange, and peppermint essential oils are known to help you to feel relief.
- Peppermint tea is my own best remedy for nausea, so if you are a tea drinker, this is something I recommend you give a try.
- Motion-sickness bands have given relief as well, just another option to solve your problem with morning sickness you could give a try.
- Instead of taking your prenatal vitamins in the morning, try taking them at night instead.
Living with nausea myself, I know too well how this makes you feel. Mine is caused by the nervous system issue that I am being treated for, so far no doctors have been able to find out the cause of my own morning sickness.
Morning Sickness Apps
There seem to be apps for just about everything, and morning sickness is no different. We are going to get access to them in this paragraph, now to give you an idea of what you will find are listed below to help you decide if this is worth your time.
- Relieving Morning Sickness
- Home Remedies for Morning Sickness
- Morning Sickness Home Remedies
- Pregnancy Tracker n Baby App
- Pregnancy App and Baby Tracker
- Pregnancy Tracker
As you can see there are only three apps for morning sickness, I did include a few pregnancy and baby trackers for your convenience. Now, if these interest you feel free to use the link to browse and explore, and if not just go to my resources in my last paragraph.
Pregnant Women Resources
Providing you with resources is extremely important to me, and in fact, that is my main priority after problem-solving solutions. This is not your normal website promoting a ton of merchandise for you to purchase, Gizmo is extremely picky about what products he shares with you.
- Find a Doctor Tool
- Pregnancy Due Date Calculator
- Ovulation Calculator
- How to Cope With Negative Feelings During Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Helpline
Let me know if these resources were helpful, you can leave me a comment in my comments section. Your feedback is important to me, together we can make this website even better than it already is. Don’t be shy about sharing, and if you have any resources that might help other readers please share them.