Living in an apartment for the last three years has been a challenge for me, being used to a house my entire life this was brand new. How To Make Your Apartment Cozy is my goal to work on, since I am researching for myself, I decided to share what I learn with you.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link.
Apartment Decorating Tips
Moving into an apartment can be exciting and scary at the same time, no matter if you are on your own for the first time or have been living in a house your entire life. In my case, I am adjusting from a house to an apartment, which is a dramatic change. Let us see what apartment decorating tips we can find, this will provide us with some motivation to get in the mood.
- Do you love flowers and houseplants, and if so this is my first tip to share with you. Nothing makes an apartment cozier than plants, so I have started an indoor garden that might be right for you as well.
- Adding cool lighting is the second tip provided by the website House Beautiful, think about wall lighting to spruce up your new place might be something that you find right for you.
- Consider apartment-size furniture instead of full-size to create larger space in your rooms. When you feel crowded, this can cause some people to feel overwhelmed without not enough space.
- One problem many people experience is storage space, so you will possibly want to shop for merchandise for storage.
- Since your entryway is what everyone sees first, this is a good place to start decorating. Even you, will be happier coming home to the welcome of a friendly entryway, think of wall decor and accents such as mirrors are a good addition.
- Curtains or blinds are something you must choose from as well, I prefer blinds myself, but curtains with attractive designs can be even better for some people.
- For the bathroom, we want to give this room a personal touch. Every guest you have more likely is going to visit this room, so deciding on a theme shower curtain and wall decor will create a cozy atmosphere.
- Possibly your air conditioning and heating system is an eye-sore to you, why not use a bookshelf or room divider to hide it from view? Avoid placing any plants near this area, I made that mistake and lost them before I figured out the problem.
- Not enough closet space for your wardrobe, so I purchased an inexpensive clothes rack and placed it in my closet for my storage. You can find them with racks and even shelves, this is just one solution that I have used that has worked very well for me.
- Nothing spruces up an apartment more than wall art, this is something I plan to add to my own decor in the near future. Remember you can take your time, you don’t have to invest in everything all at once.
- Carpeting is a choice everyone must make, I prefer no carpeting in my own place. I do use a small rug at my door which I recommend, you also could go with a runner if a carpet is not appealing to you.
- My apartment has no dining area, so I have purchased a small table and placed it near the kitchen. Mine is a drop leaf table which makes it very convenient to enlarge when guests arrive, just something to think about if you are in the same situation.
The How To Make Your Apartment Cozy tips above were from the website House Beautiful and my own experience, we are going to get into this even more in the following paragraphs.
Home n Garden Deals
If you happen to be in the mood to shop, I have included home and garden deals for you. No pressure on you to purchase anything, but if you enjoy browsing this might interest you.
Budget-Friendly Apartment Guide
Since saving you money is a major part of this website, Gizmo always attempts to provide you with information and resources as well, in this section you are going to find some budget-friendly apartment tips.
- Darker colors provide a more relaxing atmosphere, and even more, this will create the feeling of your rooms being larger than they really are.
- For anyone who loves cute throw blankets, this is easy on the budget. You can find some beautiful choices to choose from for your bedroom and living room, and you can never have too many of them when decorating.
- Decorative pillows have really become popular in home decor, and if you already have the pillows, consider pillowcases that will match your apartment theme.
- Using houseplants as we mentioned earlier is budget-friendly, you can watch for sales on them as I do and gradually add them a little at a time. I must admit this really has impressed my guests, you can find inexpensive plant display stands by shopping around.
- Foral accents are another option to consider, these are a great way to create a cozy apartment.
- If you are into the rustic theme, go with wooden accents to create the perfect atmosphere. Think about country farmhouse decor, so this is a theme to consider which will not cost you a fortune.
- Do-It-Yourself projects can also save you money, and at the same time decorate your place unique from everyone else.
- Combining old and new merchandise creatively can be a money-saver, focus on shopping at your local Good Will or Thrift Stores. Many times you can find the perfect accents at very low cost, so don’t forget to check out these types of shops as well.
- Another popular theme is vintage decor, you might need to shop around to find the best deals. One merchant I forget about most of the time is eBay, but I know many people who find awesome products by shopping here.
- eBay is another good resource for new and old home decor, so add this one to your list along with Good Will and Thrift Stores.
- Come up with a good furniture plan for placement, by taking the time to place everything in the right place, you can create a cozier apartment without feeling cluttering your rooms.
- If your bedroom is large enough, you could add a small comfy bench or something else at the bottom of your bed. By taking the time to browse what you can find and being creative, you can use this strategy for a unique bedroom appearance.
- If you happen to be an avid reader, you might want to add a wall bookshelf to store your collection. By having this against a wall, you are avoiding cluttering your space and still have convenient storage.
Did what you have read so far in “How to Make Your Apartment Cozy” inspire you, and if so why not share it on your social media for others to read? This would be very generous of you, and I would appreciate your kind gesture more than words can express.
Browse All My Guides Here
For your convenience, you can browse all of my guides by clicking on the link above. Besides everything else this website provides you, saving you time is also something important to Gizmo.
Home n Garden Resources
Thank you for reading “How to Make Your Apartment Cozy”, if you have any tips of your own please share them in my comments section. Now what I have for you are some home and garden resources, whenever you are ready check them out below.
You have just learned some ways to decorate your apartment without costing you a fortune, I thank you very much for visiting my website and reading my guide. If you have any self-help guides you wish me to research and write for you, please leave them in my comments section so I am able to help you.
6 thoughts on “How To Make Your Apartment Cozy”
These are great tips. I’m a big fan of pillow/decorative pillows so I’m glad you mentioned those.
I am extremely happy you enjoyed reading How to make you apartment cozy, you are much like my own mother when it comes to decorative pillows and she is why I mentioned them
Yes, I love decorate pillows too. Can never resist them.
Thank you for sharing, could you tell us what some of your pillows look like?
They are mostly very neutral colours. I’m a fan of simplistic decor.
Simple is always good in anything we do, I also prefer simple home decorating as well