You are considering adding a pet for companionship, but you are not sure which type of one will fit your busy lifestyle the best. Today is your lucky day, we are going to discuss your options to help you solve this problem.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link. Feel free to read my affiliate disclosure to understand how affiliate marketing works, you never know this might even appeal to you to give it a try.
Before we get into finding you the perfect type of companion, below I have listed my pet care guides that might interest you. This is my way of saving you time, now if any of them interest you just click on them to go directly to the guide.
Pet Care Guides
Since you are considering adding a pet to your apartment or your home, there are some guides that I have written that might help you decide. If none of these appeals to you, feel free to move on to my next paragraph.
- Best Therapy Dog Breeds
- Plants Toxic to Cats
- Songs About Cats
- Washable Dog Diapers
- Natural Flea Treatments for Kittens
- Homemade Healthy Cat Food Recipes
- Puppy Shot Record Templates for Free
- Overweight Dog Diet Plan
- Free Dog Weight Loss Calculator
- Emotional Support Animals
If you happen to be searching for emotional support, you are able to get your choice of animal certification. This will permit you to move into any rental, even when the landlord doesn’t allow pets. This is just something that you might find handy to know, now let us begin our search for the best pet for you.
Best Apartment Cat Breeds
Our first pet will be cat breeds for apartments, and you are able to move into low-income housing in my state of Pennsylvania for companionship. As a pet, there are specific size requirements, but again this can be overcome with an emotional support letter.
- American Shorthair
- British Shorthair
- Maine Coon
- Russian Blue
- Scottish Fold
- Exotic Shorthair
You now have a nice variety of cat breeds to choose from, I am not pushing you into adding a kitten to your apartment by any means. We are going to be exploring other options, feel free to browse my other self-help guides if you have the time and the desire to.
Why Cats Are Good Apartment Pets
Before you run off shopping for a kitten or cat, we really need to discuss why they might be perfect for your apartment living. Believe me, felines are not for everyone, and I happen to be a dog lover myself. Not because I don’t like them, you see many people including me are allergic to this type of pet.
- Extremely clean animals naturally.
- Rarely will you be required to give them a bath.
- This type of pet seems to be very quiet and in fact, many times you might not see them for hours.
- Meows are much less loud than barking.
- No need to take them outdoors to do their thing.
- Felines are usually no problem to leave at home alone if you have a busy lifestyle.
- It seems the majority of them naturally are easy to train to use a kitty litter box indoors.
- You might even find fewer apartment invaders such as mice with this type of animal companion.
- Cat supplies are on average more budget-friendly, so if you are on a tight budget this might be something to consider.
- Another expense to think about is your veterinarian, you will find they cost much less much of the time.
- Often landlords will permit them even when they don’t permit pets, so with all that we have learned about them so far is extremely important to consider.
I want to thank Pet Helpful for providing us with all this awesome information, you might want to remember this website for future research. Now to be fair, we must learn what problems owning them could occur as well.
Apartment Cat Care
Caring for any pet is often the main thing to consider, we are going to understand how to care for an apartment feline. Most of the tenants in my senior housing apartment have very little problems with their cats, but there are a few who just experienced things they were not expecting.
- The expense of kitty litter is quite higher than people realize, and the main reason is they lacked the knowledge of how often they must change it.
- Being felines are extremely clean animals they refuse to use a dirty portable potty box, so you must be sure to change this regularly or face the consequences.
- I have heard there are self-cleaning litter boxes on the market now, but this does not eliminate changing completely. It does provide you with changing it less often, also the clumping type is highly recommended by cat owners in my own apartment building.
- Regular sharpening of their claws can destroy your furniture and even your walls, so providing them with their own personal claw-sharpening furniture is highly recommended.
- The majority of them are curious to explore every inch of their new home, you might be surprised where these furry animals can squeeze into. Kitty-proofing your home is something you must do, you can find books on this topic to prevent super anxiety.
- Choosing the right type of toy is another thing you must consider, even as fun as it is to watch them play. Quiet toys will be much more appreciated at bedtime than noisy ones, sometimes they are going to decide to be in a playful mood at times you are in need to rest or even sleep.
- Constantly grooming will require more cleaning on your part, you are going to find kitty fur that will need to be cleaned up regularly.
- High places are where kitty prefers to hang out, another investment would be a perch of their very own.
- Many cat owners get quite upset with them often on their kitchen tables, this is another thing to think about before committing to owning a feline.
Now that you know more about caring for a kitty, we are going to go one more step with this type of pet with a guide on caring for them. What most people lack knowledge of is caring for a litter box, so that is what we will learn in my next paragraph.
Kitty Litter Box Care
Knowing about how to care for the litter box will often help you decide, many of us lack this knowledge before adding a cat to our apartment. This is one of the main reasons animal rescue shelters are overloaded with cats, You are invited to visit Gizmo on Pinterest if you desire to. This is another way to get access to all of my guides in one place, and joining is absolutely free to do.
- We want to be sure to provide one litter box for every cat you own, this will make your life so much easier.
- You also could consider two litter boxes per kitty, some of my fellow apartment dwellers tell me their cat will not use one for both urinating and moving their bowels.
- Larger is better when it comes to size, you will wish to aim for a box 1.5 times the size of your feline. this allows them to have plenty of room to choose the perfect spot.
- As for depth, you will want one that will hold 1.5 inches of kitty litter or more.
- Height should be tall enough to stand up to their full height.
- A cover is preferred by many cats, if you go with this type be sure enough ventilation is provided.
- Where to locate your feline’s potty box is another thing we should discuss, one thing is to avoid high-traffic areas. Avoid placing this with their food and water area, so a separate room is what they prefer most of the time.
- Unscented clay kitty litter is the type most cats prefer, whatever type you go with from the start you should use it regularly. Sometimes a new kitty litter will cause them to refuse to use the box, and then they are going to do their business someplace else in your apartment that you are not going to like.
- Bathrooms are often a good room to try first to place your litter box, I hope this has given you some things helpful to think about that you didn’t know before reading best apartment cat breeds.
You now have quite a bit of information to consider on adding a feline companion to your life, so next, we are going to find out the best breeds of dogs for apartments. Gizmo does provide free auto-notifications of all my publications, all you will receive is my recent self-help guide without any marketing promotions of any kind. This is not a newsletter loaded with merchandise for you to buy, that is not what this website is all about.
Best Apartment Dog Breeds
Since dogs are often awesome companions, we are going to explore the better breeds for apartment living. Of course, you will want smaller canines instead of larger ones. You might be surprised to find there is a nice variety of possibilities, we might even find some new breeds we are not familiar with.
- American Eskimo
- American Hairless Terrier
- Australian Terrier
- Basset Fauve de Bretagne
- Basset Hound
- Bedlington Terrier
- Biewer Terrier
- Border Terrier
- Miniature Schnauzer
- Blewer Terrier
- Chinese Crested
- French Bulldog
- Brussels Griffon
- Japanese Chin
- Yorkshire Terrier
- Miniature Australian Shepherd
- Shih Tzu
- English Bulldog
Even though this is not a complete list, you will find these are highly recommended as good dogs for apartments by several of my resources. Are any of these brand new to you, I must admit being a dog lover my entire life, even I have found a few that are not familiar to me.
Why Dogs Make Good Companions
Sharing my home and now my apartment with a canine has been an awesome experience, I would like to include why dogs are good companions next. This might help you make the important decision you are working towards, if you have your own reasons feel free to share them in my comments section at the end of this publication.
- Looking for a cuddly companion, you just have found one in the breeds in this guide.
- Awesome motivator to exercise when otherwise you might blow it off, I must admit my own dog keeps me more active than I would be otherwise.
- Love to spend time with you, one of our favorite ways to spend time other than walking is playing ball.
- Improves our mental health with less anxiety and depression, how can you stay anxious and blue with the love of a canine companion?
- While out with my Miniature Australian Shepherd, I have met and talked with people I otherwise would have never done. People often can’t resist asking me, can I pet your dog?
- Dogs have a natural effect on people, so instead of medication possibly a canine is your best treatment plan.
- People with pets share that they experience a better quality of life, and this is especially shared by singles living alone.
With knowing the rewards of this type of pet, you might be able to make a decision between a puppy, or a kitten. If potty training is not something you wish to tackle, you can find animals already trained in animal shelters ready to adopt. The following information above was found on the Lake City Humane Organization website, let us move on to more to consider when you own a dog.
Caring For Your Dog
Are you up to caring for a dog, I really want you to be prepared. We are going to educate ourselves on what is involved, this will help you understand if this is the right type of pet for you.
- Feed your new pet high-quality dog food, Gizmo feeds his dogs’ all-natural brands. Now depending on your budget will determine which brands will work the best for you, there is no need to go into debt spending more than you can afford.
- Confused about which are your best dog food brands, why not ask a veterinarian?
- Speaking of a veterinarian, you will be in need of finding one to take extra good care of your new best friend. Usually, you only need to take them once per year for their shots and checkup, unless something unexpected happens.
- We want to feed our pets no matter what type on a regular schedule, so this is something else you can consult your veterinarian about as well.
- Aussie, my dog eats twice per day, I feed him in the morning after he goes outdoors and then again in the evening about a half hour before he goes out for the night.
- Avoid the temptation of giving them people food, but if you do research which foods are alright to give your dog first.
- We enjoy a snack or treat usually once per day, what I do is when I have mine, I give Aussie his dog treats as well at the same time.
- Be sure to keep clean water in his water bowl, one convenience now is automatic water bowls for the busy person. As they drink from their bowl, it refills automatically for constant clean water available all the time.
- Microchips are available if you get your dog spayed or neutered, I really love this for my dog because I know if he ever gets lost they can scan the chip. They will then know where he lives with my contact information, this is something every dog owner should consider.
- Pet insurance is an option for any type of pet, Gizmo does not push people to get this unless they really want to and can afford the extra expense.
- Depending on the breed regular grooming is required, for me, this is just another way to spend time with my own dog. You can find a groomer near you if time is not on your side, and this really isn’t expensive if you research the dog breeds that require less grooming.
- Even with a microchip, you should have a dog tag on their collar with your contact information.
- Most canines will adjust to your schedule with patience and time, so they can be awesome additions to a single person’s life.
- One more thing is to consider where will they sleep, some people their canine sleeps with them in their bed. Others provide them with their own bed, now this is totally up to you which one you choose.
- Give them love and they will return many rewards to your life, even though they take a little more care than cats, they are well worth it if you like what they add to your life.
How to care for your dog came from a combination of an article on WikiHow and my own experience, if you are interested in researching even more visit WikiHow with the link provided in this paragraph.
Best Apartment Pets
Dogs and cats are the most common apartment pets, there are more choices that you have to consider than just these two. That is what this paragraph is going to explore for you, who knows one of these might be the perfect one that you have been looking for.
- Betta Fish
- African Dwarf Frogs
- Bearded Dragons
- Leopard Geckos
- Fire-Bellied Toad
- Horned Frog
- Guinea Pig
- Bunny Rabbits
- Sugar Gliders
- Hermit Crabs
Love to Know Pets was my resource for the list above, this is another website that you might wish to visit sometime. Giving credit to my sources is important to me, I want you to know that Gizmo takes the time to really research for the best information in my guides.
Save Money With Coupons
You will find coupons are one of my favorite freebies to share with you, with so many families living on a low budget this is my way of saving you money. If these really are something you would like me to provide more, please leave me to know in my comments section at the end of this self-help guide.
By any chance you have any special requests for coupons, I would love to hear from you. Just leave your request in my comments section, this will allow me to provide you with what would be the most helpful for you to save money. Letting me understand what your favorite stores or interests are will help me, and at the same time benefit you from my coupon section.
Best Free Books
Another popular freebie I love to provide you are books, you can get access to these without costing you anything. Let us see what I have for you in the way of books, you can also find Gizmo on Twitter as well. With that said, we are now ready to browse what I have for you.
- The Cat Who Sang and Other Stories of Rescued Pets
- Pet Palace Cozy Mystery Series
- Sinners Pet
- A Pet in the Park
- Precious Pet
- Teacher’s Pet
- Sofia the Pet Shop Boy
- Alien Pets
- The Adventures of Pitu
- Do Pets Go to Heaven
- League of Super Pets
- Browse and Explore Free Books
Freebies are one of the bonus features you will find in every guide, this is just my way of thanking you for visiting my website. If you were to be so kind as to spread the word, I would be greatly appreciative. Of course, that is if you really enjoyed yourself while visiting my website.
Gizmos Guide Topics
Pet care is only one of the topics I bring to you, and I keep adding more as time permits me to. Below is a list of the categories of my publications, now this is just another way to allow you to access the ones that interest you the most.
- Exercise and Fitness
- Mental Health
- Weight Loss
- Kindle Publishing Success
Really you won’t be sorry adding a pet into your home, even if it sounds to be a huge responsibility and work, it really is worth it. Seniors and singles truly benefit from this, and after reading this guide, you should have a least a few of them that have caught your eye.
Since my elderly mother is beginning to not remember like she used to, this inspired me to research for you why do we forget things. It must be scary to be losing our memory, but maybe there are ways that we can solve this problem.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link. What links I include in my guides are resources that I use and merchandise that might benefit you, every purchase made provides me a very small commission. Pushing products is not the intention of this website, instead, providing you with problem-solving solutions is my priority.
Mental Health Guides
For your convenience, I am starting to share my better guides related to the category that I am writing for you. Today we are addressing mental health problems, here are a few of my past publications that might interest you.
- How Gardening Benefits Your Health
- Free Mood Tracker Apps
- Free Online Bible Classes
- Emotional Animal Support
- Mental Emotional Health Lesson Plans
- Fun Indoor Youth Group Games
- The Short Learning Style Quiz
- Picky Eater Lunch Ideas for Autistic Children
- Free Autism Communication Cards
With the list above you have access to my best mental health guides, no wasting your time searching on your own. Providing easy access is very important to me, we are now ready to learn what I have found out for you about our memory.
Common Reasons We Forget Things
Let us begin with what might be causing our memories to be failing us from time to time, and by knowing this we just might be able to improve remembering. There are several reasons this can be happening, and that is what I have to share with you right now.
- Asking ourselves how much sleep are we receiving, when we don’t get enough shut-eye often leads to us forgetting things.
- Consulting your physician about any medications you might be taking could solve your problem, many of them are known to have an impact on our being able to think clearly.
- Some people experiencing thyroid malfunctioning also can experience this, once again talk to your doctor about testing your thyroid functioning.
- Alcoholic beverages are another culprit for this problem, how many times have you had just a little too much and could not remember everything that you did or where you spent your time?
- Chronic stress and anxiety for extended periods could also be contributing to forgetting things, many times relaxation techniques are a natural solution you can try.
- Depression often goes hand in hand with stress and anxiety, If you feel these could be a possibility you really need to make an appointment with a medical professional.
Since medication is a possibility, we are going to look into this more closely in my next paragraph. With so many of us on prescription drugs today, just knowing which ones are known to cause memory issues can be extremely helpful.
Are You Taking These Medications
Health Harvard Education provided the information you have read so far, if you trust this organization as much as I do, you will take the list below seriously. Always talk with your physician if you are experiencing mental health issues, many times a small adjustment or medication change is an easy solution to your problem.
If you are taking any of the prescription drugs above, you should make an appointment to discuss if they could be causing you cognitive issues. Many people become overwhelmed when they are experiencing forgetting things, so many fear they are losing their minds.
Mental Health Warning Signs
Knowing the warning signs you are facing a serious mental health problem is important, and this is especially helpful if you are in your senior years. Let us learn what to watch out for, this will be a great asset as you grow older in age.
- Asking the same questions over and over again?
- Maybe experience not being able to think of the proper words during a conversation.
- Confused often referring to things with the wrong word
- Struggle to balance your bank statement often is an early warning sign for many people
- Forgetting where you put something more often than you should
- Feel lost even though you are in a familiar part of your town
- Your mood changes unexpectedly for no reason
What could these warning signs be telling you, we are going to explore the possibilities to give you a better idea. Before we move on feel free to visit Gizmo on Pinterest for all my guides, you can open a free account if you already don’t have one if you desire to.
Cognitive Functioning Diseases
Mental health is becoming a very serious problem worldwide, no matter what your race might be or your gender, you are at risk of experiencing them at any time in your life. In the past, these were thought to be normal elderly health issues. Now even quite young people have been hit by some of them, so let us just see what these are.
- The most well-known to most of us is Alzheimer’s Disease, which is a form of dementia.
- Frontotemporal Dementia
- Vascular Dementia
- Lewy Body Dementia
- You can also experience a mix of these types of dementia as well
Before you think you might be going crazy, we are going to research what you can do to improve your memory. If you are interested in this in more detail, feel free to read my publication Early Signs of Dementia. There are some changes we can make, and that is what I have for you coming up next.
Cognitive Functioning What You Can Do
The key is to add some of the things you can do before things become worse, doctors are big today in preventive health treatment, and Gizmo prefers natural before medications. You will never find me recommending any prescription or over-the-counter drugs, now that doesn’t mean you should not take them if prescribed by a physician. What I prefer is to try the natural approach first, and then if no other options talk to your doctor.
- Staying physically active might sound strange to you, but actually, this will benefit your cognitive functioning as well as your physical health.
- Going with aerobic exercise is recommended as the best type for the most benefits.
- Weight lifting also is another good choice to consider, and in fact, combining both of these together is highly recommended.
- Add more healthy meals and fewer processed foods will help to clear your head, you might have noticed when you consume processed foods you experience symptoms such as fatigue and brain fog.
- Smokers are at high risk, and many experience brain tumors just like my own father did. Another common risk for smokers is bladder cancer, you can do your own research on this if you desire to.
- Alcoholic beverages in moderation will dramatically decrease your risk of dementia-type symptoms.
- Consider being more mentally active with brain games and reading books are good hobbies to add to your lifestyle.
People don’t often realize simple lifestyle changes can make a dramatic change in your life, you will want to make these changes while you are healthy and not wait until it is too late to improve your mental health.
Best Brain Foods For Memory
As was mentioned above your diet can decrease your risk of dementia, I am sure you are anxious to know what you should be putting into your body instead of your favorite processed foods. If you are liking my website, you do have the option to my free auto-notifications, all you will receive is a notice every time I publish a new guide.
- Coffee in moderation
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Dark Chocolate
- Nuts especially Walnuts
- Green Tea
- Sunflower Seeds
- Brown Rice
- Brussel Sprouts
What I do is eat a large salad every day and snack on my favorite berries, since doing this my cognitive functioning has dramatically improved. Just this one simple change in my diet has been an awesome life-changing experience, now I do treat myself to processed snacks from time to time in moderation.
Gizmo loves to provide you with resources that will help you, many times people just don’t have the time to search for them online on their own. Also, you might have no idea how to find the best ones, no fear that is what I created this website to do for you.
- National Institute on Aging
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Long-Term Care Planning for Dementia
- Finding Local Services
- Alzheimer’s Navigator
These resources will give you a good start, you will find this type of help in all my self-help guides. Just so you know what to expect if this is your first time here, now we are moving on to Gizmos freebies.
Who Loves Coupons
Coupons are what you are going to have access to here, whenever you are experiencing health problems every dollar you can save is important. With the high price of healthcare, these can be an easy solution to stretching your dollar to go further.
The coupons should save you some money on your needs and wants, today I included gifts as a bonus for anyone shopping for the best deals. You can also visit Gizmo on Twitter, so here is another place you will find me hanging out and tweeting my guides to help people.
Free Brain Games
Another freebie from me to you for visiting my website today, I really do appreciate you spending a little of your time with me. What I have for you are some free brain games, so without spending any money you are on your way to improving your cognitive functioning.
- Tricky Puzzles
- Brain Plus
- Neuro Nation
- Elevate Brain Training Games
- Logic Brain Games
- Quiz and Trivia Games
- Train Your Brain Memory Games
- Brain Games Left vs Right
- Learning Games for Kids
- Think, Think, Learning Games for Kids
- Memorado Brain Games
- Brain Teaser Games
- Brain Game Puzzles for Adults
- Physics Puzzles
- Brain Training Educational Games
- Classic Sodoku Puzzle
- Brain Out Can You Pass It
- Brain Games and Training
- Brain Test Tricky Stories
- Brain Gym
- Math Games for the Brain
- Brain Funny Cases
- Fun Brain Word Game
- Tricky Quests
- Test and Brain Games
- Brain Find Can You Find It
- Displace One Part
- Brain Well Brain Training
- Browse and Explore Free Brain Games
Something for everyone in the family at no cost to you, we are really on a roll for freebies in why do we forget things? Would you mind sharing this publication with your family and your friends, even on your social media would be very much appreciated?
Free Brain Games For Seniors
Adding this paragraph, especially for seniors is a bonus. Since as we age these are very important to keep our brain health at its best, I thought sharing ones that are senior-friendly would be something worth including.
- Train Your Brain Memory Games
- Lumosity Brain Games
- Keep Your Brain Active
- Brain Training Games
- Brain Games and Training
- More Than 30 Brain Games
- Memory Games and Attention
- Memory Games Brain Training
- Daily Brain Games for Adults
- Train Your Brain
- Memory Power
- Attention Games
- Mind Games for Adults
- Senior Games
- Blow Up the Balloon Game
- Reasoning Games
- Clockwork Brain
- Concentration Match Game
- Logic IQ Puzzle
- Train Your Brain Coordination
- Browse and Explore Free Brain Games for Seniors
Quite a collection of free brain games to choose from, I am sure you will have tons of fun playing these and at the same time improving your brain health. Anything you would like to share with us, you can do this simply in my comments section at the end of this guide.
Just one more freebie left to provide you access to, being this is such an important topic, I want to share with you as many free resources as I possibly can before we part ways. Happy to be able to do this for you, so here are some books for any book lovers reading this.
- Nutrition for Brain Health
- Mental Health and Human Resilience
- The Butterfly Project
- Mental Health Services
- Connectomics of the Brain
- Well-Being and Mental Health
- 7 Keys to Mental Health Freedom
- The Essential Meditation
- Get Access to Free Books by Clicking Here
One more paragraph to go, you really hit the jackpot for freebies by visiting my website. This is nothing new that you will not find in all my articles, some do have more than others depending on the topic we are discussing.
More Guides For You
In my last paragraph, I am going to provide you with my other self-help guide categories. If you are interested in any of them just click on the link to be taken to the category of your choice, this website is growing regularly all the time.
- Exercise and Fitness
- Weight Loss
- Kindle Direct Publishing Success Guide
We really covered quite a bit of information on brain health, you should have a much better idea of how to decrease your risk of dementia and memory loss now. The resources are also good if you are a caregiver of someone with the symptoms, so help is only a click away for you and the person you might be caring for.
How many of you ladies are concerned about your figure after childbirth, what you can do is pregnancy core workouts. That is what we are going to be addressing in this guide, so if this is a worry for you, reading this will provide you with some solutions.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link. Gizmo provides merchandise to earn an extremely small commission, you can be sure this website is earning very little from any purchases.
Since I have some other guides for pregnant ladies already published, we are going to get access to them below. This will save you time searching my website for them on your own, and I do understand how your time is limited to spend online. Before any type of exercise please consult your physician just to be safe, we never want you to take any risks to harm you or your baby.
- Can You Exercise While Pregnant
- Pelvic Floor Exercises During Pregnancy
- Prenatal Yoga Online
- Free Pregnancy Workout Plan
- Safe Pregnancy Ab Workouts
With these included, you can gain the information in any of them that interests you. Helping you as much as possible is my priority goal, secondly is to share my resources so you can have access to them as well.
The following exercises were found on the Mayo Clinic blog, this really is one of my better resources that I recommend you consider using. This organization provides valuable information on many health problems, so if you are searching for solutions why not visit this website?
- Leg Lifts
- Wall Pushups
- Squats with Fitness Ball
- Step Ups
- Side Planks
- Supported V Sits
- V Sits with Balance Trainer
- One Leg V Sits
- Seated Rowing with Resistance Bands
- Seated Dead Lifts with Resistance Bands
Thanks to the Mayo Clinic you have ten exercises to stay fit, since some of these might be brand new to you click here to learn how to perform them safely. That is only the beginning of what you can learn from reading this article, let us move on to what I have next.
Gizmo does not only provide you with his own self-help guides but also shares reputable website articles that might benefit you. What kind of person would I be to exclude other resources that can possibly provide you solutions to your problems? Helping you is why I started this in the first place, and you will always be my main priority in every guide that I write.
- How to Know the Early Signs of Pregnancy
- How to Have a Healthy Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Prevention without a Condom
- Hair Loss Prevention After Pregnancy
- Using a Pregnancy Pillow
- Coping with Negative Feelings During Pregnancy
- How to Use a Pregnancy Home Test
- Pregnancy Hemorrhoids Problem Solving
- Understanding the Stages of Pregnancy
- Safe Sex During Pregnancy
- Your Final Weeks of Pregnancy
- How to Gain Energy During Pregnancy
- Doing Squats Safely
- Minimalize Stretch Marks
- Proper Nutrition During Pregnancy
- Tone Up Your Tummy After Childbirth
- Vaginal Bleeding During Pregnancy
- Using a Heating Pad Benefits
- Pregnancy Diarrhea Solutions
- How to Measure Your Bra Size During Pregnancy
- Managing Belly Button Rings
- Explore and Browse Articles
Where I found so many awesome articles might be on your mind, if you click on the link above it will take you to these and many more. WikiHow is another one of my favorite resources to share with you, now we are ready to move on to my next paragraph.
Pregnancy Core Workout Videos
Whenever starting a new workout this can be overwhelming, we don’t want to add extra anxiety and stress into your life at this time. What about videos, you can follow along with these to exercise safely without feeling overwhelmed.
- Ten-Minute Safe Prenatal Abs Workout
- Daily Pregnancy Workout for an Easy Delivery
- Second Trimester Prenatal Core Workout
- Abdominal Separation Prevention During Pregnancy
- Doctors Answer Questions for Exercising During Pregnancy
- The Best Core Exercise in Pregnancy
- Four Pregnancy Safe Ab and Core Exercises
- Ten Pregnancy Core Exercises to Push Easier
- Prenatal Core Workout
- Ten Minute Lose Your Mommy Pooch
- Ten Minute 22 Weeks Pregnancy Core Workout
- Safe for All Trimesters, No Equipment Required
- Post-Pregnancy Ab Challenge
- First and Second Trimesters Workout
- Explore and Browse Videos
Preparing for childbirth is the most important time in any woman’s life, you will experience so much less pain and agony by strengthening your core for an easier childbirth experience.
Best Pregnancy Fitness Accessories
The What to Expect website provides us with the best accessories that you will need, now all of these might not be for everyone. Just knowing what is available can be a great asset, so that is something that I feel will be important for you to know. By the way, What to Expect specializes in pregnancy and maternity for women.
- Maternity Sports Bra
- Maternity Workout Leggings
- Yoga Mats for Pregnant Ladies
- Exercise Fitness Balls
- Sports Water Bottles
- Jogging Strollers
- Walking Shoes
You might be interested to know the safest exercise during your pregnancy is walking, you can walk daily from your first semester until you are ready to give birth to your unborn bundle of joy. That is why I included walking shoes, even though What to Expect didn’t include them on their list.
Maybe you are still a bit unsure if exercise is safe to be doing, well here is what the Better Health website has to say about that. Knowing the health benefits is something I feel you would love to know more about, so that is why I added this to this guide.
- Increased energy
- Improved fitness
- Reduced back and pelvic pain
- Decreased risk of pregnancy complications
- Preparation for the physical demands of labor
- Fewer complications in delivery
- Faster recuperation after labor
- Prevention and management of urinary incontinence
- Improved posture
- Improved circulation
- Weight control
- Stress relief
- Reduced risk of anxiety and depression
- Improved sleep
- Increased ability to cope with the physical demands
With this information, you must be seriously considering adding pregnancy core workouts to your plan, and if you still are concerned why not just start walking regularly instead? Even with my neuromuscular health problems walking is a part of my own health routine, I would suggest you consult your physician before doing any type of exercise while pregnant.
Pregnancy Diet Plan
Besides exercise ladies require more nutrients during this time in their life, how many of you are curious about what are the better foods to be putting into your body right now? I am sure you all will find this interesting and valuable, so you and your baby will be healthier. Health Centers of San Diego provide this food list, Gizmo does provide you with an auto-notification alert, every time a new guide is published you will be the first to know.
- Salad greens
- Sweet potato
- Lean meat
- Peanut butter
- Citrus fruits
- Dried fruits
- Brown rice
- Whole-wheat pasta
- Low-Fat Dairy Products are the Best
With all the foods on this list you are on your way to a healthy pregnancy, many people lack the knowledge of exactly how important this is. I have managed the majority of my own health issues through my diet, so that should tell you how much food has an effect on our health.
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists supplied the supplements in this paragraph, yet another reliable website to get information. With my own health problems supplements are a big part of my nutritional sources, you see my body doesn’t absorb enough nutrients from my food. My physician keeps close tabs on this with regular blood work, so if you wish to monitor your own consult your physician.
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B6
- Folic Acid
Prenatal vitamins often are your answer to receiving all of these, when you go shopping for these vitamins check to be sure the ones listed above are included to get all the nutrients that you need.
Prenatal Vitamins Doctor Approved
We are back on What to Expect once again for doctor-approved prenatal vitamins, this website provided us with the ones that physicians recommend. That is very important when it comes to you and your little one, now let us just see what medical professionals say are the better ones.
Even though Gizmo doesn’t promote special brands, I will share them when they are approved by physicians in my self-help guides. I have no connection to any specific brands, I am just a messenger sharing what I find from reliable sources online.
Save Money With Coupons
More and more families now are taking advantage of coupons, I provide these for you that are into using these to stretch your budget. When you are expecting or living with health problems every dollar counts, so thank you for visiting my website here are the freebies I have found for you.
- Motherhood Maternity
- Health and Beauty
- Ultra Beauty
- Sports and Fitness
- Road Runner Sports
- Kay Jewelers
- Women’s Clothing
Gizmo loves to give freebies, and since coupons are ways for you to save money for the things you need and want. I am providing more of these in my publications, let me know if you want more of them simply by leaving your request in my comments section.
Who knows more about babies and parenting than Parents.com, it just happens that I stumbled upon their blog post with the best baby registries, so for expecting mothers this is another special gift from Gizmo to you.
- Pottery Barn Kids
What is your favorite online store from the list provided above, Amazon is rated as the best overall registry. That might be one that you wish to consider if you are an Amazon shopper, Walmart is another favorite among many people. The others are rated high also, so take your time checking them out on your own.
Expecting Mothers Publications
For anyone searching for some publications to follow, Brides.com has provided us with the following recommendations. This is another good resource for expecting mothers, they go further than just information for women preparing to get married. Gizmo is no expert by any means, so I share my sources with you to let you know where I gained the information. My resources deserve credit, and you deserve to know who they are to visit on your own if you desire to.
- What to Expect is at the top of their list, and it just happens much of the information in pregnancy core workouts came from that website.
- Mother to Baby might be brand new to you, I must admit this is one that I am not familiar with myself.
- Evidence-Based Birth
- Baby Center
- Pulling Curls
Brides.com has given us some new websites to explore, every time you visit my website my goal is to share something new with you. You might think of this as an educational resource one day, and that would make me extremely happy to be considered for teaching you problem-solving solutions.
The Best Pregnancy Tips Guide
Let us learn the best pregnancy tips from Newsroom, we can never gain too much knowledge when it comes to taking better care of ourselves. Many people think money is the wealth they desire, but once your health begins declining, you realize that really isn’t the case at all.
- Take a prenatal vitamin
- Exercise regularly
- Write a birth plan
- Educate yourself
- Avoid harsh or toxic cleaners
- Track your weight gain
- Get comfortable shoes
- Eat calcium-rich foods
- Eat more fish low in mercury
- Eat foods with fiber
- Eat your veggies
- Eat five or six well-balanced meals each day
- But don’t overeat.
- Limit caffeine
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Don’t drink alcohol
- Wear sunscreen
- Avoid changing cat litter
- Give in to cravings in moderation
- Know when to call your doctor
- Don’t smoke
- Get enough sleep
- Wear your seatbelt
- Don’t take over-the-counter medications without consulting your physician
- Take a pregnancy class
- Practice relaxation techniques daily
You must admit this is the ultimate pregnancy tip guide, how many new things did you learn from my publication today? If you feel like sharing please leave a comment in my comment section at the end of this guide. One more paragraph to go, so stick around just a tiny bit longer.
Listing my self-help guides by category is a time saver for you, and time is precious and limited for us all. If you see any that might solve any problems you are experiencing, feel free to click on the link to go directly to my guides in that specific category.
How did you like reading pregnancy core workouts, if you happen to know any ladies who are pregnant? I would really appreciate you sharing this with them, we can help more people by everyone sharing my guides. That is all Gizmo has for you today, but feel free to visit my website at any time.
Many guys are confused about why they have bad luck with ladies, we are going to research what women look for in men. By knowing this you might desire to improve yourself to what appeals to them, so let us see what we can find out to help those of you going crazy trying to figure this out on your own.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link.
Men and women have been driving each other crazy forever, as much as they need and want a loving relationship, they often argue more than get along. You can find books on this subject that can help you and resources simply by reading this guide.
How Women Drive Men Crazy
My first guide on relationships might interest some of you, I began this category with why younger men like older women, for any ladies reading this you are more than welcome to read this to learn what I found out. Young ladies might have been curious about this, so now is your opportunity to learn the answers to this question.
- Asking him what is on his mind
- When something is troubling you and you say all is fine
- Guys become upset plus confused when their emotions take control of them, mainly because they become overwhelmed by what they should do
- Sometimes you might be in a talking mood, but at times you go on and on without allowing him to get in a word
- One of the biggest relationship problems that arrive is when a woman uses sex to their advantage, often this drives a man crazy and possibly creates a distance between the two of you
- Avoid overdoing the cosmetic products that might surprise you as a turn-off to some men, going for just a little makeup will be a much better strategy to catch his eye.
- Never ever discuss the past partners in your life, that is no way to create a healthy relationship with a man
- Checking up on him all the time really drives guys crazy, you really must refrain from watching all his posts on social media sites such as Facebook as an example
- Treat him like your boyfriend and not one of your girlfriends, there are topics that you should keep for your girlfriends and topics for your man
- Questions like do I look fat really overwhelms him and makes him uncomfortable, of course, he is not going to tell you that you are fat.
- What outfit should I wear when we go out tonight, how many guys do you know that have the knowledge of the fashion trends of ladies
- There is no reason to ask him do you think I am pretty
- Dating Advice Guru supplied this advice in one of their blog posts, for more feel free to visit their website with the link provided
This can ease much of the relationship anxiety between men and women, I really feel using sex to their advantage is not a planned strategy but comes naturally. We are going to look at the red flags if this is happening between you and your partner, knowing this can allow you two to talk about this.
Relationship Red Flags
Over the years, I have talked to many people who have shared that sex has created major problems between them and their partner, now to help you understand if this is happening to you here is what to consider.
- The mutual feelings of emotional intimacy are a must for making love to happen naturally, when partners begin criticizing one another this turns off the emotional connection.
- Could this be intentional to prevent sex to happen between you and your partner, often this is unintentional when one or both partners are unhappy in a relationship.
- Do you and your partner dress down all the time instead of dressing attractively, many times people after being together for a while lose the ambition to look sexy for one another.
- Old worn out t-shirts and sweatpants are not going to bring intimacy between a couple, no matter how long you are together you need to still make the effort to turn your partner on
- On the other hand, dressing overly sexy when going out together can cause major problems as well. That is more suited for singles seeking to get the attention of the opposite sex, when you are with someone using better judgment can ease the anxiety in a relationship
- Using sex to get your own way is often common for both sexes, when you get your way you reward them by having intimacy in bed
- Do you agree or disagree with what is in this paragraph, you can leave us to know by providing what is on your mind in the comments section at the end of this guide.
- By the way, these red flags were found on Yahoo LIfe just in case you are curious
Women do seem to naturally drive men crazy in good and not-so-good ways, we are going to find out now how ladies do this in a positive way. This could clear up what is going on for both men and women, ready to learn more?
What Attracts Men To Women
We are going to find what many men have shared that drives them crazy in a good way, why they crave them might help both sexes understand the attraction of the opposite sex even better.
- Again how ladies use cosmetic products such as perfume can seduce men, how many of you don’t notice the scent of a person when in closed quarters with them?
- Appearing beautiful and attractive yet natural is going to catch the eye of more guys, when you kiss for the first time too much can actually be a less positive experience for many men
- A lady’s figure is often the first thing that they notice after the face, so choosing outfits that compliment your body is a real turn-on.
- Many older ladies have a thing about wrinkles, but actually, this is attractive to many younger guys. This gives them the feeling of a mature, beautiful experienced lady.
- Breasts are well-known to be noticed by every man, what might surprise even the guys reading this, large breasts are not always what all men are attracted to.
- Another thing older women worry about is stretch marks, this is very rarely a problem for the majority of males.
- A few extra pounds actually attract more men than women realize, every guy is not searching for a barbie doll. So don’t take losing weight to an extreme, this is not as much of a turn-off as you might think
- Many ladies will eat less on a dinner date, but most men really could care less how much you eat and drink while dining with them
- This might really change the way you shop for shoes, men have shared that footwear that shows a lady’s feet is more attractive to them. Possibly this gets their imagination dreaming what the rest of you looks like, whatever the case these are the shoe types men like the most.
- A warm and caring personality really means more to guys than ladies realize, and this is especially true for the ones that are seeking a future wife and starting a family
- Sexy lingerie always gets a guy into the mood for intimacy, even married men still share that when their wife wears this type of clothing she appears younger and more beautiful than ever.
- Super-tight jeans still turn heads even today, if you are going out choose these instead of those comfy sweatpants
- Throwing back your hair still draws a guy’s attention, men really do adore women with beautiful hair. Longer hair still is preferred, even though many women now are going with short hairstyles instead.
- Biting the lips is another thing that attracts you to him, this draws attention to your lips that really makes him curious about how sweet your kiss might be
- Wagging your hips while walking has never failed to get attention, so practicing your walk could get the guy of your dreams
- Touching men casually is almost always a big attraction strategy
- Not sure why this is, but ponytails give a lady a cute appearance, and men seem to really like this look more than women understand
- Woman Fitness Magazine is where this information was found, even though this is about what women look for in men. This can help guys understand why they are drawn to specific ladies, and at the same time help, women attract more men.
Ready or not, we are now going to discuss what you came here to find out. I do hope the information so far has been interesting, relationships involve both men and women so my guides will try to include both of them with valuable information.
Women Partner Guide
This can benefit both men and women, you can never learn too much when shopping for the perfect life partner. Gizmo does provide an auto-notification publication for your convenience, you might only wish to read some of my guides. What you receive are my guides as they are published, and this will save you time reading only the ones that really interest you.
- Confident with high self-esteem
- Positive attitude
- Happy and comfortable with who he is as a person
- She can trust him with her heart
- Is a man of his word
- Lives by his heart
- Responsible plus she can rely on him
- Extremely strong morals and values he lives by
- Behaves like a real gentlemen
- Treats others with kindness
- Easy to share what is in her heart and on her mind
- A good listener and understands her feelings
- Openly shows his feelings to her
- Supports her dreams and goals
- Respects her as a person and admire her accomplishments
- Appreciates her and never takes her for granted
- Knows how to treat a lady
- Accepts her friends and family as his own
- A good sense of humor
- Grown up and mature
- A good problem solver
- Works with her to solve their problems rationally and calm
- Brides shared this in one of the blog posts on their website, if you liked what you have read maybe visit them to read more of their posts.
It all comes down to most ladies being attracted to a man who would make her a good partner, if you are just looking for a fun time this guide really is not for you. We are focusing on serious relationships that last long-term and with any luck a lifetime.
Could He Be The One
Let us consider some things to find the right partner, this can be confusing for many people no matter a man or a woman. Before you read what I found for you, you are invited to Visit Gizmo on Pinterest, I created a board with all my guides to make it super easy for you.
- Your happiness is a priority to him
- Goes out of his way just for you
- He really is sincere about your needs and wants
- Shows his appreciation for having you in his life
- Does little things for you just because he wants to
- Treats you with kindness and cares about you
- Shares his true feelings and how much he loves you
- Openly share things he would never share even with his friends
- Often asks how you are doing and feeling with sincere interest
- Discusses the future together long-term
- They trust you with their feelings without any hesitation
- Never question where you have been and who you have been with
- Finds ways to spend quality time with you as a priority
- This also was provided by the Brides website, so possibly even more now you will want to add this to your browser favorites.
Gizmo mentions where the information comes from in the guides, if you like what you are reading, here are some of my resources that might become your favorites. Finding a person with the qualities above would be a dream come true for many men and women, remember no one is perfect, and have some faults you must accept as well as positive qualities.
Coupons For Men
What Gizmo has for you today are some coupons, every guide will provide you with some freebies as a thank-you gift. Some will have more than others, it all depends on what I am able to find as researching information to help you. Let us see what I have for the guys, and then for the ladies in the next paragraph.
Every so often you will find coupons available as my gift to you for visiting my website, you can’t go wrong saving money on any of the ones above. The flower of the month club would make a great gift for your lady, every month she will receive a reminder of your love delivered right to her door.
Coupons For Women
It is the lady’s turn now for coupons, you might be anxious to see what I have chosen especially for you. Gizmo also is on Twitter if you happen to be into hanging out there, I also am on Linkedin as well, so you can find me online in a variety of places.
Here you go ladies, with both men and women taken care of we can move on with what is coming next. One day this might be one of your favorite websites to share with your family and your friends, until then I plan to keep working hard to make this one of the best websites online.
Relationship Books For Men
Curious about what books might be good buys for guys, that is what you can find out next. Of course, I can only provide you with a small example. I just don’t have enough time to share all the best ones with you here, below are a few that might be helpful to you.
- Shoot Her To The Moon and Back
- Relationship Realities an Emergency Survival for Men
- Heavenly Ever After
- The Five Love Languages for Men
- Dating Advice for Men
- 52 Wows a Relationship Guide for Men
- What Women Want Men to Know
- Out of the Dog House
- Explore and Browse Relationship Books for Men
Just what I have shared with you above is recommended to be good choices to consider, now women also can benefit from books as well. In my next paragraph, there are good ones recommended for the ladies.
Relationship Books For Women
Here we are exploring some of the best books for you ladies, I am also limited on how many I can share with you as well. Just like the guys, you can browse the ones listed and more with the link I will provide.
- Before You Commit
- The Relationship Playbook for Women
- Why We Didn’t Choose You, a Relationship Handbook for Women
- Relationship Advice for Women
- Handle with Care
- How to Attract Men
- A Women’s Guide to Healthy Relationships
- Explore and Browse Relationship Books for Women
I feel awesome being able to provide books for both the men and women reading this guide, what is next is access to my other self-help guides by categories. This is just another convenient way to save you time, whenever you are ready feel free to check them out below.
Gizmos Guide Categories
Sharing my other categories might allow you to address other problems, I make it a point to provide you with a variety of ways to get access to my guides. Saving you time and easy access is important to me, now when you are ready feel free to browse my other categories.
Thank you for your patience in reading what women look for in men, it really means a lot that you read my entire guide. Are there any categories you would like me to add, this is your website and I am writing to help people just like you? Let me know if you have any ideas, you can leave them in my comments section at any time.
You are reading the first guide of my new category, relationships are an important part of all of our lives. Why men like older women are what we are going to discuss, so anyone ever curious about this will want to read this one.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link.
No matter if you are a man or a woman you will find this one interesting, I for one never thought about this before until searching for a good topic to explore for my first article. Let us learn more together, and feel free to leave what you think in my comment section at the end of this guide.
Younger Men Older Women
Now, this isn’t always the case, but often younger men are attracted to older women. We are going to find out some of the reasons why this is, Just to let you know this was never true when it came to me in my younger days. So every man this does not apply to, onward to learn why this is true for some guys.
- Increases the man’s self-esteem to have the attention of an older lady
- Being able to please an older woman with experience boosts their self-confidence
- Gerontophile is what this is referred to, and this came about in the year 1901, by psychiatrist Richard von Krafft-Ebing
- Geron, meaning “old person” and philia, meaning “friendship”
- The beauty and maturity of an older lady attract younger men, these ladies are most often less needy and jealous than younger women.
- Experienced in how to converse with men in a way younger ladies don’t have
- As well-known sex is extremely important to younger guys, and these women with more experience know how to please men
- Being less clingy men lack the feeling of being checked on all the time
- With more maturity, they can form mature relationships that men are attracted to
- These guys are like students learning how to live life from their teacher
- Older ladies already know what they want which makes men more comfortable and not as anxious or confused
- Younger men feel more desirable with the attention from beautiful older women
- Emotional stability is established which eases the anxiety in the man
- Many younger men love how older ladies will take control of the relationship
- Some younger men actually prefer dating older ladies than women their own age for a serious long-term relationship
This information came from a variety of sources, and since this was never the case for me sharing my own experience is not possible. Being this is a new category, we are going to work towards improving your relationships together.
What Older Women Know
Ladies who have experience in dating and relationships know more than younger women, this is exactly what attracts younger men to them many times. This can be a lesson for young ladies reading this guide, so what do older ladies know about men that you don’t know?
- Men crave to be appreciated and valued by a lady, and by using this to their advantage these mature ladies put this into practice regularly
- Focusing on building his confidence will make him putty in your hands, we are very vulnerable to hearing over and over again what you love about us
- Avoid making him feel he needs to keep in touch with you all the time, mature ladies give men their own free time without checking up on them
- Never try to take him from what he loves to do and his friends, alone time for both of you is an important part of a healthy relationship.
- Believe it or not, men are more vulnerable than they want you to know. Being supportive is another important thing older women have learned over the years.
- Keeping him feeling at the top of his game by letting him know how important he is to you. Make him feel like he is your superhero, and no one has ever been more attractive to you than him.
- Go out of your way to provide him with physical affection, we men really do need this even if some of us might not want you to know that.
- Just your simple touch can work wonders with this younger man, so let him know you love to be affectionate as much as you possibly can.
- Tell him over and over again, you want your relationship to be long-term and not just a short-time fling. Guys want and need stability, knowing this will ease any anxiety another man might take you away from him.
- Encourage him when he messes up, you might not realize young men need your support when things are going wrong in their lives.
- Make your time together special with some playful teasing and flirting, no guy I have ever met gets tired of being flirted with.
- Show him your romantic side, many young women lack the understanding men love romance just as much as they do. Plan romantic dates or just regularly a romantic gesture can go a long way, keeping him interested is one thing older ladies have over you.
- Finding common interests and hobbies that you can share creates an intimate bond between you, maybe some of his passions you could learn to love too.
- One important thing is never to try to change your man, you will only push him away which is the last thing you more likely want to do.
- Building trust and respect between the two of you is a must, as being supportive and encouraging him to go for his dreams. The most successful men most often have a partner who stands behind them.
- Developing extremely good communication with your partner is the key to avoiding misunderstandings, being able to make compromises with one another will prevent power struggles between you.
- Honesty is always a must in any type of relationship, and this is even more important between a man and a woman in love.
- Never give in to the temptation of other guys, being unfaithful is the most serious cause of most relationships breaking up
- Compromise without giving up your own independence, if you are doing all the giving that is not going to be a healthy relationship.
- Both of you should always make the other your priority, when you think of each other before making any decisions everything will go so much more smoothly.
Hack Spirit provided the information above, so according to their blog post, this is what separates younger women from older ladies in relationships. For all my publications feel free to sign up for my auto-notifications, you will receive an alert every time I publish a new guide.
What Younger Men Need To Know
This paragraph is for younger guys interested in dating mature ladies, now before we discuss this, another way for you to keep up on all my guides is to Visit Gizmo on Pinterest. Now let us explore what you need to know to get the older woman of your dreams, keep reading to learn more.
- Even if you are anxious about approaching a mature woman, you must show that you are confident.
- Using positive body language will go a long way in appearing that you are self-confident, so making a point to learn these could get you that first date.
- Developing good communication skills will increase your self-confidence in talking with attractive mature women
- Focus on asking questions about her instead of bragging about yourself
- Be on your very best behavior, now is the time to remember everything your mother told you about how to treat a real lady.
- Go out of your way to be positive, no mature lady will be interested in someone who has a negative personality.
- If you get a first date be creative, many people who might have formed a special relationship never go on a second date if the first date didn’t go well.
- Don’t try to be someone that you are not, you will impress her much more just by being yourself if the chemistry is right.
- Be independent by sharing what your life is like, mature ladies are attracted to guys who have their own morals and values they live their life by.
- What you do in your free time can make a connection, maybe you both are into reading mystery novels for example. Possibly you share your love for photography, so casually sharing what makes you happy could be something she enjoys as well.
- As you have heard never talking about a woman’s age fits even more here, you might give her the wrong impression if you dwell on her age.
- Avoid going crazy and calling or texting her all the time, and limit contacting her to no more than a few times per day at the most.
- Honesty once again is important, never give her the wrong impression of your interest in her.
WikiHow is where these tips for younger guys were found, you can research a wide variety of topics for solving problems on this website. Dating a mature lady can be exciting to many young guys, but for the most success, you must control your excitement and impress her with being mature and gentlemanly.
Recommended Relationship Books
Are you into reading books to help improve your life, and if so this paragraph is for you? Just a handful of books that might interest you to browse, you will be happy to know these are from a bargain bookstore.
- Emotionally Abusive Relationships
- Anxiety in Relationships
- The Relationship Guide
- Restoring Broken Relationships
- The Dating Playbook for Men
- Dating for Women
Books are a great resource for problem-solving, you will find that is what I provide you the most because they have helped me in the past. If it was not for them, you would not be able to read my self-help guides. They were my key to learning how to cope with my own health problems, and now this website is to help others like you.
How Books Can Help You
Even though self-help books are not the topic of my guides, I really do owe my progress from my past to reading them to improve my own life. If you check the affiliate programs you will see Gizmo is not earning much at all by promoting them, why I do is because from my own experience I know they can help you. This is not about making money as much as helping people, it is no secret I could be earning much more by promoting other types of merchandise.
- Move forward with the life that you dream about, you really can accomplish any of your goals simply by reading the right books.
- An extremely affordable way to learn from someone who once was in your shoes.
- Access to a variety of possible solutions to your problem
- Provides you with a better understanding of your problem and your options
- Possible solutions you might never have considered without using these resources
- Motivates many of us to get out of our comfort zone and overcome the obstacles standing in our way.
- Education is the key to achieving anything you are dealing with, increasing your income, and improving your health are just two examples.
- Many of these books provide you easy to follow step-by-step instructions, I would not be so passionate about them if they had not changed my life.
- Learn at your own pace and on your own schedule
Gizmo offers bargain books to make this even more affordable, you will not find extremely high-cost books on this website. I try my best to choose topics that you might be needing help with, I just want you to know why higher-priced merchandise will not be found as often in my guide
Helping you with my research and resources is the priority of this website, you will find me sharing my own experiences from time to time. Together we can overcome many problems you are struggling with, you might feel more at ease to know I have been in your shoes, so I really do understand what you are going through.
- Need Help Get in Touch 24/7
- Need Someone to Talk To
- Life-Improving Resources
- People’s Problems Chatroom
- Free Therapy Chatroom
My resources are most often from organizations, and usually, you will find they provide you with the free help of some type. I go out of my way to do this for you, many of you lack the free time to do this research on your own. That is my special gift to you in every guide, now what could Gizmo have for you next?
What I have found are some free relationship tools, you can have some fun exploring them and at the same time learn from them. Relationships today seem to come and go, I lost my ex when my health problems got too much for her to handle anymore.
- Love Calculator
- The Love Calculator App
- Love Calculator Club
- Relationship Assessment Tool
- Healthy Relationships Toolkit
You can have some fun and learn at the same time with these relationship tools, if you have the time explore any that might interest you. Did you ever wonder if healthy relationship kits really work, that is what I researched in the next paragraph
Healthy Relationship Toolkits
Do these toolkits really work for couples struggling, we are going to try to find out the answer to this question right now. What does it take for these kits to get you and your honey back on the right track, let us see what we can find out?
Positive Psychology Relationship Building Worksheets
- High-Quality Relationships
- IMAGO Workup
- About Your Partner
- Good Qualities
- Valuing My Partner
- 3 Things We Have in Common
- Understanding the Big Picture
- Mutual Relationships Vision
- Relationship Priorities
- Partner Interview
- Caring Behaviors List
- Connection Ritual Creating
- What Makes a Perfect Day
By clicking here you can have access to the full article with all the worksheets included, I think this just might be my best freebie to you in this entire guide. That almost concludes why men like older women, next you can gain access to all my topics in my next paragraph.
What You Can Learn
Education is very important to me in my older years, and what this website plans to do is provide you with guides and resources to help you. This is my purpose in my life as long as my health allows me, and with God taking care of me, we all can learn from one another by sharing in my comments section at any time.
Gizmo has one more surprise for you before we part ways, this is for anyone interested in a Kindle Direct Publishing Success Guide. You do have the option of two plans to choose from, and both are very affordable. Well, that is all I have for you at this time, you can be sure soon as possible another guide will be published to help you solve another problem.
Knowing the early signs of dementia can get help sooner, what inspired me to write this guide is my elderly mother. She is showing cognitive difficulties that concern me, since I wanted this information for myself why not share it with you as well?
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link.
We are going to explore dementia signs and more, so if this interests you please feel free to read my entire guide to learn as much as you possibly can. Educating ourselves will benefit our elderly loved ones, now let us get started learning in my next paragraph.
Dementia Early Signs
The first thing that I learned is dementia is not a disease, how many of you knew that before reading this? Symptoms are what we will be watching out for, and depending on the part of the brain damaged determines what we will find.
- Memory difficulties are the most common symptom in the majority of people, so this is what we want to watch out for in our seniors and our elderly.
- Struggling to concentrate is our next sign to watch out for, one thing many people struggle with is budgeting their bank account balance.
- The most common daily tasks are becoming a big challenge, we might not realize this as much when our loved one still is living on their own.
- Conversing with them might make them anxious, and they often take more time to find the right terms for what they wish to say.
- Lose track easily of the time and day, someone like my mom depends on her smartphone to know which day it is.
- Being stubborn is another common trait they might be showing you, also they could be experiencing changes in their mood.
- Need help working with stubborn seniors read this guide
The symptoms will begin extremely mild, you might even overlook them at first. As time goes by they are going to gradually increase, and that is usually when the family will notice there are some problems going on with them.
Dementia Later Stage Symptoms
Since my grandmother passed away with many of the later symptoms, I do fear my mother just might do the same. It is important to get them help before they get to this advanced stage.
- Difficulty recognizing some family members is extremely common, yet scary.
- Often will ask the same questions over and over again, sadly my grandmother even lost her ability to speak to us.
- Mobility can become a problem for some people, they just seem to forget how to walk.
- My grandmother became violent to the point my parents could no longer care for her, and she would wander out in the middle of the night having no idea where she was going or how to get back home again.
- Depression is another common problem, also chronic anxiety as well.
- Grandma become extremely aggressive with my parents, she also had the idea they were actually stealing from her.
- Bladder and bowel control or lack of control is possible, grandma used to overuse laxatives when constipated which ended up in a real mess.
- What caused her to be with God was her inability to eat, she lost her appetite arguing she just ate. Sadly, she had to live her remaining days in a nursing home.
- Many people will need to be in a lockdown facility for their own safety, this is not just scary for them, but also for family members to experience.
- Find Dementia Support Services by Clicking Here
The following information is a combination of my own experience and the website NHS, now that we know both the early and the later stages let us move on to learn more.
Dementia Caregiving Guide
Being a caregiver is not an easy task to take on, now that my mother is elderly, I am becoming a caregiver myself. When my parents were caring for my grandmother, I really didn’t know what they were really experiencing. Now that I am in that role, this is something brand new and scary for me.
- Developing a regular routine makes caring for them much less stressful for them and for yourself.
- Often once you get them into a routine they are not as easily overwhelmed, it got to the point my grandmother could not even dress without my mother’s help.
- Purchasing one of those large desk calendars to write important appointments really has made life easier for my own mom.
- Adding fun things to do with them that they enjoy regularly works wonders, you will want to add these activities into their routine.
- For my own mom, I take her shopping for houseplants every Saturday. Since she still can care for them this really improves her mood, you really want to make it a point to spend quality time with them during their early symptoms while you can.
- Since I live in the same apartment building now that I moved my mother there, I control her medications to be sure she is taking them every day.
- Medication planners are a good addition to help you both keep track, they are inexpensive and more valuable than you might ever imagine
- Assist them only when you absolutely must, they still need to be independent as long as they possibly can.
- Shoes without laces are what I have bought for my mom, and this has really helped her when we are going out.
- Go shopping for tops without buttons has decreased her frustration in getting dressed.
- A shower chair is something that mom really loves, she is able to spend as long in the shower to ease the aches and pains from her arthritis.
- Explain in simple terms so the person understands what goals you are working towards, they often become overwhelmed quite easily which scares them.
- Schedule their meals on a regular schedule to be sure they are getting enough nutrients, I use one of those portion containers that are color coded for the proper amount of the food groups for each meal.
Next, we are going to focus on how to communicate with our loved ones. This really will make both of your lives much easier, we want both the caregiver and the dementia patient to stay calm with less stress.
Communicating with your loved one could be frustrating for both of you, we are going to find out how to make this easier for both of you from the Alzheimers.Gov website. The reason this is so important is that the person with dementia becomes overwhelmed very easily, and in turn, this will possibly increase their anxiety at the same time.
- Talk to them with a calm voice
- Ask them if they understand before doing the task you are working towards
- Being understanding and patient is something you must work on for yourself, I know at times both of these for myself can be very difficult to control.
- Encourage them to be in as much control as they possibly can, you don’t want to give them the impression you are treating them like a child.
- Make it a point to provide them with some time to do things on their own.
- Time-out calming activities throughout the day are an important part of their routine.
- Providing them with photographs of their family members is recommended, you can even keep reminding them who is in the photographs from time to time.
- Avoid asking the person if they remember this or that, instead kindly reminding them will be a better strategy.
Now that we have a better understanding of how to communicate with them, we are going to consider what activities that might be possibilities to add to their routine. Spending quality family time is an important part of being a caregiver, so let us get some inspirational ideas for activities.
Dementia Activities Guide
Spending quality time in the early stages is very important therapy, many of us might not understand how much this can benefit the person. Sometimes we just get so wrapped up in our own lives, we forget about how they might feel. My grandmother felt super lonely despite my parents living right next door, eventually, depression set in and she started isolating herself.
- If they are physically still able to walk take them to their favorite park, you might want to watch them extra closely my grandmother used to sneak and try to dig up the flowers in the parks.
- Helping them maintain a garden is extremely good therapy for people with dementia, you can even purchase small garden kits at very inexpensive prices.
- Setting up a bird feeder is a great idea for many people, even if they live in an apartment you can get window bird feeders without spending much money.
- Maybe your loved one always wanted to go to the beach, so why not plan a trip while they can still enjoy it?
- Plan a family picnic for the entire family, this will allow them to be around their family which can help them remember more of them.
- Listening to their favorite music regularly can ease their anxiety, I prefer providing my mother with calming music rather than stimulating music myself.
- Simple watching television with them can make their day special
- Add some easy-to-play games to the routine and invite some of the family
- Large print word search puzzles are often favorites of older folks, and this is another easy activity for them to work on alone.
- Help them bake their favorite cookies if they are into this activity, many senior ladies love to bake and give their prizes to family members
- Getting them into the holiday mood with music is never a bad idea, many times they will remember some of the older classics of their childhood
Some of these activities were found in the Alzheimers Association Organization blog, and others were from what my mother and I do together right now. Every guide that I write you is motivated by my own personal experience, so you can be sure that I really do understand what you are going through.
Dementia Exercise Ideas
Stimulating the brain is the best type of exercise for people struggling with dementia, medical professionals recommend caregivers add these regularly to the person’s routine. That is what we are going to learn about now, if this is interesting and helpful feel free to share it with your family and friends.
- Singing aids the person to improve their memory by singing the lyrics of their favorite songs.
- Any type of puzzle is another popular brain health exercise, as I mentioned earlier word search puzzles are favorites of many older folks.
- Reading books together or even online blogs might be something to consider.
- Allow them to help you do simple everyday things that need to be done, maybe they can assist you with sorting laundry for example.
- Art therapy is very beneficial for dementia patients, and this also is a great choice for a time-out activity
- The past is often more remembered than the present, encourage your loved one to share the things that they remember from the past with you
- Need a Helping Hand
Before we move on to my next paragraph, you have the option to receive my auto-notifications at no cost to you. What you get is my most recent published post in your email box, and I promise you never will you get any promotional marketing from Gizmo.
Every guide when possible includes some freebies, that is just my way of thanking you for visiting my website. They are not super valuable in any way, but still, they give me pleasure in being able to give you something for free.
Are you into Pinterest, and if so feel free to visit Gizmos Self-Help Guides there? If you are not signed up it is easy and free, with that said let us now move on to my next paragraph.
You just might be in need of some support dealing with caring for someone with dementia, and that is what Gizmo has in store for you next. This website earns extremely very little income, you will be happy to know that is not the reason this exists. Providing you with valuable information and resources is my goal, every purchase is appreciated but not what is important to me.
- 24/7 Helpline 800.272.3900
- Local Resources
- Support Programs
- Education Programs
- Early-Stage Social Engagement Programs
- Online Tools
- Explore Dementia Assistance
Financial stress is not a stranger to families dealing with dementia care costs, medicare does not provide you with enough financial assistance. There is a plan available that does this, and we are going to talk about what it covers in the next paragraph.
Medicare Advantage Plan
Many people are surprised that medicare does not cover all of their medical expenses after retirement, sadly, the government lets us think that is the case. To receive what many of us will need we must take out Medicare Advantage, let us see what we receive with this plan.
- Compensate for physical impairments
- Diminish the impact of injuries or health conditions
- Reduce avoidable emergency room utilization
Examples of potentially available benefits, which can be very instrumental for persons with Alzheimer’s, include:
- Adult daycare
- Home modifications (wheelchair ramps, grab bars)
- Personal emergency response systems
- Respite care
- Personal care assistance
- Homemaker services
- Meal delivery
This is what people will receive with this Medicare plan, you might be surprised once again to know you are going to need more than one financial source for dementia care. That is why I am including this link for financial assistance, you will find a wealth of information here to help you prepare for the medical expenses of dementia.
Many of you might not be aware there are several types of dementia, with knowing this our risk of experiencing this one-day increases dramatically. What I want you to know are the different types, so that is what we will cover below.
- The most common type that you all know is the Alzheimers Disease
- Vascular Dementia is another type that might be brand new to you
- Lewy Body Dementia
- Mixed Dementia Disease
Disorders Linked to Dementia
- Huntington’s Disease
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Cruetzfeldt-Jakob Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
Explaining each of these would be an article of its own, instead of wasting time and making this extremely long, you can read more about each of these on the Mayo Clinic Organization website. What you will find is a detailed description of each of these, also the symptoms and the causes for anyone interested in learning more.
This is a part of my newest addition to my website, and this focuses on seniors and caregivers. For your convenience, below are my other topics that might provide solutions to your problems. As this website grows more problem-solving categories will be added, and that is all thanks to people like you.
How is Gizmo doing, even though this website is less than one year old, I am happy with the progress at this time? Let me know what you think about what I am doing, you are encouraged to leave me feedback in my comments section at any time. Many thanks for reading Early Signs of Dementia, together we can learn and grow from the guides I am writing for you.
When we think of addiction, most of us will associate alcohol and drugs. There is something even as addictive as these that you might not even think about, and those are what we are putting into our bodies at meal times.
What foods are addictive is the subject we are going to discuss today, many of us never think of how these could be sabotaging our losing those extra pounds. When you are fighting your cravings, that is the addiction haunting you.
Weight Loss Guides
Let us try something new today, we are going, to begin with, some of my favorite weight loss guides. No need you wasting your valuable time searching my website, this will provide you with what I consider my best that will benefit you.
- Foods That Cause Weight Gain
- Why are Processed Foods Unhealthy
- Are Protein Shakes Meal Replacements
- Do Weight Loss Creams Work
- Best Weight Loss Home Workout
The guides on the list above are favorites of my readers, so that is how I chose which ones to share with you. They have received the most shares and likes, if any of these will be of help to you feel free to read them at your convenience at any time.
Food Addiction Signs
Many of us might be experiencing this without even realizing it, Virtua Health shared in a blog post that this is just as serious as being addicted to drugs, alcohol, and even gambling. To help you understand if you are a victim, we are going to learn what are the signs.
- Uncontrollable overeating when you want to stop
- Overweight and struggling to lose those extra pounds
- Feeling good feelings while consuming these foods
- Guilty feelings after eating them
Amazingly, these give us the very same feelings as drugs, alcohol, and gambling. Many people find this is even more of a struggle to control, one reason is we all must eat to fuel our bodies. Staying away from the other types might be easier than avoiding the foods we are putting into our bodies, let us move on to the next paragraph to learn what are the most addicting.
Hancock Regional Hospital was kind enough to write the article with the world’s most addictive foods, you will find most of these are extremely familiar. Knowing what they are will open your eyes, and possibly be a great asset when grocery shopping next time.
- Ice Cream
- French Fries
- Fried Chicken
- Buttered Popcorn
- Breakfast Cereal
- Gummy Candy
Before you go crazy, we don’t need to eliminate these from our favorites completely. What we must do is learn how to control our consumption of them, one way is self-control when grocery shopping and another is to join a support group.
Least Addictive Foods
One way to control our consumption of these is to add more of the least addictive foods instead, thanks again to Hancock Regional Hospital Organization that is what we will find out next.
- Beans without sauce
- Brown Rice
- Corn with no butter or salt
- Leafy Greens
Of course, these are what we should be eating to lose weight anyway. What works for me is to eat a big salad first at every meal, and then if I do treat myself to addictive foods, I find that I eat much less of them. Another thing that works is only purchasing one of the bad choices on every grocery shopping trip, you might need to skip certain aisles if temptation gets the best of you.
Food Addiction Guide
There are many more than included in this guide so far to eat in moderation, we are going to learn next how to know which ones to stay away from if temptation gets the best of us while grocery shopping.
- High Carb Foods
- Artificial Sweeteners
To make this extremely simple for you to understand, what you want to avoid are too many processed foods. Now, this should clear up any misunderstandings we might have on what to avoid or eat in moderation, you will be amazed in only a few weeks how your cravings will decrease and the extra pounds will begin to melt away.
Food Addiction Support
For those of you in search of finding food addiction support, I have included a link that will help you. Let us find out how this works, no use wasting your time if this is not going to be something that you are interested in doing.
- The first step is simply to choose the type you are searching for, in in-person, via video conference, or by phone.
- Next, what day of the week works best for you
- City, state, province, zip code, or even country
- Choose your preferred language
- What time of the day is the best for your schedule
- How far in distance are you able to travel
- Click Search
- Search for Food Addiction Support by Clicking Here
The Food Addicts Organization provides this service, now you are not alone in your quest to lose weight and overcome your addiction. Here is my first freebie that might interest you, what I have is a free healthy food printable chart. Anyone in need of this is more than welcome to print this out, even if you don’t have a printer you can save this guide in your browser favorites.
No More Crazy Diets
Forget all those crazy diets that promise you the success that you crave, diets are short-term and Gizmo recommends you forget all of them. What works for me is making lifestyle changes instead, once you get into healthy habits you are going to experience long-term success.
- Begin drinking more water throughout your day, how I accomplish this by having my favorite water bottle with me everywhere I go. Focus on sipping regularly during your day, and avoid gulping which often causes bloating in most people.
- Start the day by drinking one glass of water before breakfast, you will find this will help you to avoid overeating first thing in the morning.
- Make it a point to include healthy fats, some of my favorites are avocados and nuts.
- Cut back on processed foods in moderation, also replace red meat with fatty fish instead.
- Portion control containers can be your best friend, many are colored for each food group.
- For snacks and treats use smaller bowls instead of larger ones to control how much you consume, we all know how easy it is to eat way too much of our favorite processed foods.
- Pasta and potatoes are high in sugar which will sabotage your weight loss goals, now eating smaller portions in moderation are what Gizmo recommends.
- Managing your stress will also control your appetite, many of us when stressed out overeat especially high-calorie foods.
- Are you getting enough sleep, you will find the majority of people raid the fridge or pantry when they can’t sleep. I have experienced using the supplement Melatonin to be a good solution for my own insomnia.
- Stay busy with activities that don’t include eating, walking nature trails near my apartment works for me. You also could go bowling or cycling if they interest you more, anything that you enjoy that keeps your mind off of food is something to consider.
- Instead of working out, I instead find activities that I enjoy that give me exercise and enjoyment at the same time.
- Including high-fiber snacks is a very good lifestyle change, you can find many of them that you will actually find to ease those cravings.
- Watching your alcohol consumption is more important than you might realize, these are made from grains which are now known to contribute to gaining unwanted weight. That is why they call it a beer belly, even wine should be consumed in moderation.
- Into working out at home, YouTube provides tons of videos such as dancing that can be fun and manage your weight at the same time.
- Choosing low-fat protein has always been an asset to weight loss, in my next paragraph I will give you some of them.
Did my lifestyle guide inspire you, and if so please share this self-help guide with your family and your friends. Possibly it is worth sharing on your social media, you can be my best marketing strategy to reach more people.
Recommended Protein Sources
As I mentioned in my last paragraph, here you are going to find the better protein choices. Before we check them out below, I would like to invite you to join my auto-notifications. You will receive every guide as they are published, so this will allow you to read only the ones that really interest you. No SPAM ever will be delivered to your email, that is not how this website works.
- Tuna is affordable and convenient
- Eggs are an inexpensive way to consume more protein
We now have some very good protein sources to consider, almonds are a great snack alternative you can have at almost anytime. We also talked about fun activities that don’t involve food, that is what I have next for you.
Make Exercise Fun
In the past, I used to work out regularly 3 to 4 times per week at the YMCA. Many times pushing myself to go was a struggle for me, that might be the same for you as well. How can we make it fun is coming up now, this could change your entire lifestyle and accomplish your weight loss goals.
- Walking nature trails is one of my favorites during nice weather days, and since I live with my Miniature Australian Shepherd he tags along.
- Volunteering with organizations that create community gardens or maintain parks and walking trails is awesome for exercise and making new friends.
- Love animals what about volunteering to walk the dogs, many shelters would love you to walk the dogs for them.
- Join a garden club, you can work off calories in no time by gardening chores and maintenance.
- Get together with some of your buddies at the park, you can start a regular football game or some other sport that everyone would love to play.
- Volleyball at the beach is never a dull time, and how many people would not love to spend the day at the beach with you?
- Adopt a pet from your local shelter, nothing will motivate you to get out of the house more than a puppy or a dog.
- Spend time with family activities, just ask your children what they want to do and they will for sure keep you active.
- Winter time many of us become couch potatoes, why not bundle up and go sled riding, skiing, snowboarding, or building a snowman?
- Dancing is another popular activity, especially for the ladies, I would love to know why women can’t get enough dancing time. Leave me why dancing is such fun for you ladies, you can share this with all of us in my comments section.
- No matter your age, bike riding is becoming extremely popular. Even seniors are getting in on this activity where I am living, this is my last suggestion but there are so many more to explore.
By now you should be inspired to make some positive changes in your lifestyle, I promise you this will be much easier and more fun than pushing yourself to go to the gym or YMCA all the time.
Weight Loss Product Warnings
Gizmo will never recommend any weight loss products, and the reason why is I would never take them myself to lose weight. There are some things you should consider before using any of them, but the final decision will be your own if you feel safe taking weight loss products.
- Terrible side effects are possible for some people
- Possibly could be harmful if you are on prescription medications
- Taking several of them at the same time the results are unknown
- Consult your physician before starting to use any of them
- Some of these products could be gimmicks just to get your money
- Some have been found to have hidden ingredients not listed on the labels
- Quite expensive and many are a waste of your money
- Many contain high amounts of caffeine that can cause anxiety and other complications
- May cause addiction to the products and withdrawal symptoms if stopped taking them
The information above was found on the National Institute of Health website, there just is not enough evidence that these are safe. Ask yourself if is it worth the risks to take a chance with weight loss products, the decision is totally up to you and again Gizmo strongly suggests you consult your physician before making your decision.
Free Lifestyle Apps
I must admit free apps are something that is shared with you in many of my guides, with so many people into them these can be very helpful to you. 3.5K monthly views and growing regularly on Gizmos Self-Help Guides Pinterest Board, if you happen to have an account feel free to visit me at any time. Just another way for you to follow me if you desire to, now let us see what apps I have for you.
The four above will give you a good start if you are not using them, you can search for more as well while you are on Play. Google. That is where these are located, I try to be as honest with you as I possibly can.
This paragraph is going to focus on the best low-calorie foods for losing weight, now for anyone struggling this list is recommended by dieticians. Where did I find this you might be thinking, and the answer is the Prevention website.
- Spinach is tastier than you might imagine mixed in your salad, and I even eat it alone with a little oil and vinegar dressing.
- Brussel Sprouts
- Cottage Cheese
- Black Beans
- Pork Tenderloin
Any surprises that you might not have known about, I decided to include this because many people struggle to find enough variety in their meals. When you make the majority of your food with low calories, naturally you are going to become leaner in less time than you can imagine.
Even though most people know these foods, you might not realize how much they can sabotage your weight loss plan. Even more, these contribute to the risk of cancers, and this came from the World Cancer Research Fund. Besides losing weight you are reducing your risk for cancer, so this you could say is a double bonus.
- Ice Cream
- Fast Food
Once again processed foods are our worse enemy, these are loaded with all the ingredients that will cause us to become overweight. Even more important is the risk for many diseases, why they don’t make these healthier is beyond me.
For those of you who love to read, we have just a handful of books I recommend that you consider. I do receive a very small commission if you make a purchase, but that is not the main reason these books are included in this guide.
- Fat Chance Beating the Odds
- How Fast Food is Killing Us and What We Can Do About It
- 100 Days of Real Food on a Budget
- Cooking That Counts 1200 to 1500 Calorie Meal Plans
- Readers Digest Food Cures Delicious Superfoods
To be honest with you this website is not a business, God has spoken to my heart that this is my purpose in my life. You see being unhealthy with an autoimmune disease my entire life, I have the passion to help you. I earn a very small commission averaging less than one dollar per day, but that is not what motivates me. Money has never been important to me, as long as I have enough to live that is fine with me.
Gizmo Loves Helping You
Self-help guides are possible solutions that you might not know about yourself, and many people lack the time to do the research themself. Weight loss is only one topic provided by this website, and as it grows more will be added as time goes by.
I receive my motivation from all the people that I help, and with my, Pinterest views regularly growing that really inspires me that people appreciate what I am doing. My Twitter followers also are growing which pleases me, and with every new person who wants my auto-notifications that just makes writing so much more worth doing.
Eat your veggies was what mothers have been telling their children forever, we are going to get access to easy quick vegetarian meals for busy families. By preparing tasty recipes your family will eat their veggies, and that will make mothers everywhere happier.
With many women with careers today, moms just don’t have the time to prepare healthy meals all the time, we are going to help them with some recipes that take less time for them to prepare.
Vegetable Burger Recipe
Our burgers are one of our favorite meals, even our children are eager to bite into them. We have a special burger for you made from cauliflower, no need to become anxious just read below for our first recipe.
For The Burger
1 x Gosh! Mixed Seed, Quinoa, Carrot & Coriander Bake
1 bread bun
1 tomato slice
a handful of shredded carrots and sprouts
a handful of shredded purple cabbage
1 tbsp fresh pesto
a dollop of hummus
For The Cauliflower Steak
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp smoked paprika
How to Prepare
Preheat the oven to 200C/180F/Gas 4.
Slice the cauliflower into 1½cm thick ‘steaks’. Mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, ground coriander, turmeric, smoked paprika, and cumin, plus salt and pepper. Brush the cauliflower steaks with the dressing and ideally leave to marinade for one hour.
Cook the Gosh! bake for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, fry the cauliflower steaks in a griddle pan for 4-5 minutes on each side.
Spread some hummus on each side of the bread bun. Layer the shredded cabbage, and tomato slice, Gosh! bake, and cauliflower steak. Finish with a dollop of pesto and top with the shredded carrots and sprouts.
Sounds yummy and super easy to prepare for busy mothers, if you like this one you can find more by visiting Easy Veggie Ideas. That is the website where Gizmo found this recipe for you, and I always share my resources because they can benefit you.
Hummus Dollop Recipe
Possibly if you are like me, you are curious about the hummus dollop, so you have access to how to prepare this homemade. Are you pregnant, and if so my Easy Healthy Pregnancy Snacks might be interesting to you. Consider this a bonus for visiting my website, feel free to share with your family and friends who might be expecting.
What You Need
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2–4 tbsp cold water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 medium cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 (15-oz) can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
How to Prepare
Add tahini, cold water, olive oil, cumin, salt, garlic, and lemon juice to a food processor. Puree until smooth.
Add in the chickpeas. Puree for 3-4 minutes, pausing halfway to scrape down the sides of the bowl until the hummus is smooth. If it seems too thick, add another tbsp or two of water.
Taste and season with additional salt, cumin, and/or lemon juice if needed.
Serve immediately, garnished with your desired toppings, or transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Dollop Online shared this in one of their blog posts, I just want you to be aware of where this came from. I feel it is only proper to provide you with this information, you can then visit the websites anytime you have free time.
Do You Have Thirty Minutes
My next find will take only 30 minutes or less to prepare, now this will allow you to provide your family with a homemade meal in very little time. A much better choice than fast food, we stop for convenient food way more than is healthy for us.
Deluxe Mexican Pizza Ingredients
- 1 can (15 ounces) of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
Let Us Put It All Together
- In a small bowl, mash black beans. Stir in the onion, yellow pepper, chili powder, and cumin. In another bowl, combine the tomatoes, jalapeno, and garlic.
- Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan; spread with bean mixture. Top with tomato mixture and spinach. Sprinkle with cilantro, pepper sauce, and cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Visit Taste of Home
Don’t allow the ingredient list to overwhelm you, and you do have the option to leave out anything your family does not like. Here is what Mary Barker has to say, my husband is a picky eater, but this healthful Mexican-style pizza has a such amazing flavor that he actually looks forward to it.
Gizmo has a few of his own that might interest you, without taking too much of your time below is a list of some of my favorites to share with you. Providing your family with these is my pleasure, now let us move on to what is coming next.
- Histamine Intolerance With Recipes
- Bone Broth Soup Recipes
- Easy Preschool Cooking Recipes
- Picky Eater Lunch Ideas
- Browse Gizmos Self-Help Guides
Now we are ready to get back to help you with easy quick meals, whenever you are ready check out my next paragraph for my next recipe. Do you wish you could know when Gizmo publishes his next guide, well you can simply by signing up for my auto-notifications? I promise you nothing will be sent to you other than my most recent publication, which has been very popular among my readers in such a short time.
Tasty Vegan Tacos
This one will be a favorite of every member of your family, even the children will look forward and possibly beg you to serve them often. Why not add all of these recipes to a family cookbook, you can do this very easily with a free cookbook template. This is just one of my freebies today, so why not save all your best meals to hand down to your children?
What We Need
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed
- 1 cauliflower medium head, chopped into florets
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper sauce
- ½ cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk, water, or broth
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or onion powder
- 8 to 12 tortillas
- Taco fillings of choice
Let Us Make Tacos
Preheat the oven to 425° F. Combine the chipotle and non-dairy milk in a blender. In a large bowl, toss the chipotle mixture and cauliflower.
In a smaller bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, flax meal (if using), cumin, and onion or garlic powder. Dip each cauliflower floret into the breadcrumbs to coat. Place on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender and the coating is crispy and golden brown. Layer on tortillas with fillings of your choice.
Clean Green Simple provides this for their readers to enjoy, so I thought why not share this with my own readers as well? If your family prefers extra crispy, They will go crazy when you serve them this.
Busy Mother Meal Ideas
Possibly you are interested in me sharing some easy choices for busy moms, we are going to get some inspiration in this paragraph provided by Organized Mom. Another blog that is a good choice to add to your favorites, now let us see meals we can serve our families without taking too much time.
- Oats are at the top of the list, I must admit this is awesome for a quick snack as well as a healthy meal.
- Smoothies are easy to prepare, and you will find children especially will love these never imagining how much nutrition they are receiving.
- Tofu Scramble can be used as a replacement for meat, so this makes a great ingredient for any vegetarian dish you prepare.
- Pancake Mix Muffins will only require approximately 20 minutes to be ready for your family to enjoy.
- Chili especially on cold winter days is yummy in the tummy, add a variety of your favorite beans in a slow cooker. Now, how easy and quick will this be, don’t forget to include all your favorite veggies.
- Taco Salads are a great change from your normal routine, and they are super easy to make.
Organized Mom has some very good suggestions, we can tell she has experience feeding her family during busy times. The tofu scramble might have you as curious as me, so that is what is in my next paragraph.
This might be as brand new to you as it is to me, that is why including this is a special bonus from Gizmo. Taking the time to share this one with you gives me great pleasure, now let us learn exactly what Tofu Scramble is.
You want to press the tofu for about half an hour (until the water is drained). Crumble pressed tofu into a skillet, add spices like turmeric, salt, pepper, paprika, and veggies like bell peppers and spinach. This came directly from Organized Mom herself, just so you understand where I got the directions.
Vegetarian Diet Health Benefits
First, what inspired me to write this guide is due to my own health problems, meat is hard for me to digest now. Even though I don’t consider myself a vegan or vegetarian, I must admit the majority of my diet now is plant-based. What are the health benefits of this type of lifestyle, that is what we are going to explore now?
- Vegans do not eat any products derived from animals
- Lacto-Ovo vegetarians do not eat meat, poultry, or fish, but do eat eggs and dairy products.
- Lacto vegetarians eat no meat, poultry, fish, or eggs, but do consume dairy products.
- Ovo vegetarians: eat no meat, poultry, fish, or dairy products, but do eat eggs.
- Partial vegetarians avoid meat but may eat fish or poultry
- This information in this paragraph was found in Health Harvard Education
So which of the vegetarian types most interests you, I am not a vegan by any means. For me, being a partial vegetarian fits me the best. Since I am not able to digest beans, a vegan would be extremely difficult for me. Instead of worrying about being any specific type, go with what your digestion system tells you are the best foods to eat.
Easy Detox Recipes
We always hear about how healthy detoxification is, then why does it seem so hard for most of us to do it? Maybe we can make this a part of our lifestyle, what I have for you is a list of easy detox recipes below.
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Quinoa Breakfast Hash
- Ginger Miso Soup
- Eggplant Soup
- Wheat Berry Salad
- Quinoa Lentil Salad
- Mixed Beans Masala Bowl
- Corn Pakora Fritters
- Butternut Squash Slow Cooker
- Chana Masala
- Lentils Tacos
- Vegan Gumbo
- Crockpot Chili
- Vegan Shortbread
- Carrot Almond Pudding
- Visit Holy Cow Vegan
When I think of detoxing, what always comes to my mind are those nasty beverage concoctions. This has opened my mind to a new way to detox my body, and possibly this will be the same for you as well.
Are Vegan Diets Safe
Before we dump all our food into the garbage can, we really must seriously consider if this is really as healthy as people claim. Gizmo in no way is promoting any type of diet, and in fact, I am on a very restricted diet due to health problems that even many vegan foods are off limits for me.
- Vitamin B12
As for nutrition, the ones above should be your main concern, what we must do is find the foods that will provide us with what we need. Many vegetarians supplement with vitamins and minerals, let us look at these more closely.
Protein is the main concern when going plant-based, with me unable to consume meat this has concerned me a great deal. Actually, it scares me, as I research for myself I am sharing with you at the same time.
- Beans are at the top of the list, and this food is off-limits to me. I have tried every type that I could find, every one gives me tummy pain.
- Lentils are another protein source to consider, just my luck these also are not an option.
- Edamame is what most of us know as soybeans, and since beans are off limits so are these for me.
- I even have given Tofu a try without any luck, but for those of you able to consume beans and lentils these will provide you with the protein that your body needs.
- Tempeh might be new to many of you like me, if you have trouble with soybeans stay away from this one as well.
- How I am getting my protein is from grains, oats are the primary source that I consume most days. Quinoa is another good choice as well, that is if pasta is not a problem for you.
- What about peas, yes they are packed with protein and you can even purchase pea protein powder
- Snacking on nuts is a good source that most people like, by adding just a handful of them each day is a good way to increase your protein intake.
- Seeds are another good snack option, many people just love roasted sunflower seeds.
- Brussel sprouts
- Leafy Greens
Did you ever imagine so many plant-based alternatives were available, now that you do getting enough protein is going to be much less overwhelming for you? Before we go to my next paragraph, you can get access to all my guides on Pinterest. That is another option available, now let us move on to learn more.
Our next nutrition source required is calcium, we need to think seriously about how we are going to get enough of this to be healthy. This paragraph is supplied by Dr. Lisa Watson, who can we trust more than a doctor?
Let Us Begin With Veggies
The advice provided in this article is for informational purposes only. It is meant to augment and not replace consultation with a licensed healthcare provider. Consultation with a Naturopathic Doctor or other primary care provider is recommended for anyone suffering from a health problem.
What About Iron
I have been anemic for the majority of my life, what is causing this for me is my body does not absorb enough nutrients from my food. Possibly my diet also has contributed to this deficiency, when I was young meat was my main food source. Now I must take iron supplements, one thing you might wish to know this causes chronic constipation in the majority of people.
- Kidney Beans
- Dried Fruit
The Vegetarian Society provided the list of iron-packed foods, another free resource that you might want to visit sometime. We are now ready to explore our options for B12, one of the most important nutrients our bodies require for energy.
B12 Food Sources
Gizmo is deficient in B12 as well, so this is another supplement I must take daily. Many people are in need of this supplementation as well as vitamin D, why this is could be contributing to our diets or possibly our foods lacking these two vitamins, especially processed foods.
- Whole Milk
- Swiss Cheese
- Nutritional Yeast
- Yeast Spreads
- Fortified Soy
- Almond Milk
- Plant-Based Meats
- Fortified Cereals
Fresh n Lean wrote the blog post with this information, I will not provide you a link because Gizmo does not promote specific brands not familiar with. We have now covered all the worries most people have about a plant-based diet, if you wish to share your own experience feel free to leave it in my comments section.
What Else You Can Learn From Gizmo
Recipes are not the only topic that I write about, you will find very soon, even more, will be added to solve even more of your problems. The majority of what I write about is what I am or have struggled with myself, you can be sure that this website understands and really makes helping you a priority.
- Exercise and Fitness
- Mental Health
- Pets Are Family Too
- Our Senior Years
- Struggling With Losing Weight
You can find Gizmo on Twitter as well, I would love you to look me up and check out my followers’ Tweets. You will find a nice variety of topics, this also will give you a better idea of who I am as a person. Need assistance, leave me your problem in my comments section, and as a favor, I will write a guide just for you.
What are the best therapy dog breeds that might be on your mind, many children and even adults improve their lives by adding a therapy dog to their apartment or home. Read on to learn this and more about these special animals that enrich people’s lives, many children with special needs benefit from their new best friend.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link
This website puts you as the priority in every guide, if you are experiencing a problem or seeking solutions feel free to leave them in my comments section at the end of this article.
Therapy Dog Health Benefits
Before we learn which dog breeds are the best ones, I really feel you should understand the health benefits of adding a therapy dog to your apartment or home. Children with autism have dramatically benefitted from these canines, but they are not the only ones.
- Decreased blood pressure in some people
- Stimulates physical activity in children with autism
- Improved chronic pain simply by having their new best friend
- Self-esteem improvement was found in kids through this type of therapy
- Encouraged social interaction in children with autism living with social anxiety issues
- Amazingly improves cognitive functioning and problem-solving solutions for some people
- Calms anxiety disorders which are becoming more and more common in children and teenagers today
- Studies have found to also reduce stress naturally
- Aids in preventing being overwhelmed especially in school
- Provides a proven positive coping skill
- Children are found to be in a more positive mood and experience less depression simply by the support from their therapy dog
- Encourages kids to be more physically active improving their motor skills
- With their constant companion, they experience the feeling of being less lonely
- Bringing medication and bottled water when symptoms start
- Pressing the owner’s life alert button when symptoms present
- Alerting the owner of chemical changes they can smell, such as low blood sugar
With just what I have found out from my research, you must admit this is very impressive. Even though children with autism are best known to benefit from them, we are going to find out who would improve their health and life with this special canine.
Who Benefits From Therapy Dogs?
When we think of these canines, children with autism are often the first that comes to mind. Pet therapy is becoming an important part of recovery for people of all ages with a variety of health problems.
- Anyone who experiences any type of anxiety disorder no matter their age will find relief from pet therapy
- Alzheimer’s patients are now being exposed to this type of therapy with positive results
- People suffering from cancer actually experience a dramatic difference simply by having the companionship of a furry friend
- Dementia family members do so much better as well as the others we have mentioned so far
- No matter your age or if you are struggling physically or emotionally pet therapy is well worth considering.
- If curious to learn more, visit U.S Service Animals Organization for more information
I moved into my apartment just three years ago, you might not realize this but you can get permission to have a furry friend even when pets are not permitted. You just need to register them as an emotional support animal, even if a landlord doesn’t allow pets they must allow an emotional support animal. Just thought this was worth mentioning, now we will move on to the best dog breeds.
Best Apartment Therapy Dog Breeds
Sorry for the delay in providing what you visited my website to find out, I really feel the prior information is important for you to be aware of. There are some breeds that are known to serve better than others for pet therapy, so that is what we are going to discuss below.
- Bichon Frise
- Yorkshire Terrier
- Pembroke Welsh Corgi
- French Bulldog
- Italian Greyhound
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
For anyone living in an apartment, these are very good dog breeds to consider. These were recommended by the website Top Dog Tips. Please pay attention to the resources I share with you, they really are good sources to get valuable information.
Best Therapy Dog Breeds For Homes
Maybe you live in a home that can support a larger breed, we are going to discuss some of those for families who prefer larger canines over smaller ones. My fur baby is an awesome emotional support canine, he is a Miniature Australian Shepherd. I do recommend this breed for emotional support, now let us move on to the larger breeds that might appeal to you.
- Saint Bernard
- Airedale Terrier
- Irish Setter
- Labrador Retriever
- German Shepherd
- Shetland Sheepdog
- Golden Retriever
- Border Collie
Just so you know, I did live with a Rottweiler before my Miniature Australian Shepherd. Never believe that they are nasty canines, if you raise them with love they will be big babies. Mine sadly passed away from cancer at 7 years old, even though that has been over 3 years, I still miss him every single day.
Children With Autism Dog Breeds
Let us get back to children with autism, you might be wondering why this is mentioned over and over. My oldest son was born with this disorder, so in dedication to all his suffering growing up, you will find me writing about autism from time to time.
- Saint Bernards
- German Shepherds
- Golden Retrievers
- Great Pyrenees
- Labrador Retrievers
- Bernese Mountain Dogs
When my son was a boy therapy dogs were not really commonly known about, so by me making this more known to you, I am giving your son or daughter with autism something valuable that can provide them dramatic health benefits.
In every guide I try to find you some freebies related to my topic, today we are going to get access to free apps for children with autism. In case you are not aware of my auto-notifications, this is my way of saving you time by sending you my most recent publications directly to your email box. No SPAM ever will be included in my notifications, I just want to make this clear to you.
- Language Therapy for Children
- Social Skills for Autism
- The Autism Helper
- My Autism Team
- Autism Daily Living and Care
Above are a few free apps that I have chosen for you, and if you click on any of the links you can explore them on your own if you desire. If these are something that interests you for me to share more often, please let me know in my comments section.
Let us look at some books that I have found that might interest you, even if you are not into reading that is fine. You are more than welcome to skip this paragraph, so for those of you who are interested below are a few that are highly recommended.
- Cutting-Edge Therapies for Autism
- Victory Over Autism
- How to Prevent Autism (Bargain Book )
- The Autism Playbook for Teens
- Autism Adulthood ( Bargain Book )
I realize we all don’t learn the best by reading books, so if this is not your cup of tea I do understand. Before we go to what is next, you can get access to all my guides by visiting me on Pinterest. This is my way of saving you time searching on my website, so if this appeals to you, it is my pleasure to provide this convenience to you.
Just in case you are brand new to caring for a dog, I thought providing you with a basic guide might help some of you. Gizmo tries his best to give you as much information in every guide, so caring for your canine is included for your benefit.
- Daily exercise is something we must go out of our way to do for our new friend, I take my Miniature Australian Shepherd for short walks several times per day when possible.
- By any chance are they already overweight, if so here is a free dog diet plan as a gift from me to you?
- Regular check-ups and boosters are needed to protect their health, once they are adults unless they experience problems you usually only need to take them to the vet once a year
- As for nutritional dog food, I feed mine natural pet food. Just like people the chemicals in their food is not healthy for them, there are many brands to choose from to fit everyone’s budget.
- Buy toys and playsets that you can use together
- Give your therapy pet enough room; the bigger your dog is, the more room it will need
- Give the dog an occasional treat to solidify and encourage its good behavior
- Grooming your dog often is recommended, you will find out that long-haired canines will require more frequent grooming than short-haired ones
- Spending quality time with them will form closer bonds between them and your family members, many dog owners include them in all their family activities
- Even though they do perform health benefits and have a job, dogs are family is my favorite way of thinking of them
There are groomers that you are able to take your canine to, you also can perform this on your own by shopping for grooming supplies online. Where to shop will be what I share with you in my next paragraph, and thank you for reading the best therapy dog breeds.
Dog Grooming Shopping Guide
Whenever I include one of my shopping guides, I go to Google for the best merchants to share with you. Being this is most people’s favorite search engine, this saves you time and gives you faith these are good choices to consider.
Google recommends the following brands and more, these are your best choices to find the best deals. I was happy to take the time to do this search for you, now you have some good places to start shopping for dog grooming supplies
Now for your benefit, we are going to find out the better websites, you can follow any of these that appeal to you. Without wasting your time let us get right to them, I found this on Feedspot while researching this article.
- Adopt a Pet
- Take Paws
- The Dogington Post
- Walkin Pets Blog
- P.L.A.Y Blog
- Dog Tipper
- Fresh Pet
- Pet Keen
- i Heart Dogs
- Greensboro The Pet Shop
- North Shore Animal League America
- Pet Food Industry
- Companion Animal Psychology
- Explore and Browse the Top 100 on Feedspot
Did you find this guide useful, and if so please share it with your family and your friends? You can be my best form of marketing strategy, so if I am doing a good job please help me reach more people.
What Interests You?
Gizmo is gradually growing this website with more self-help guide topics, why I am doing this to solve more of the problems that you might be facing. That is the whole purpose of this website, remember if you are experiencing any problems share them in my comments, so I can help you with some solutions.
Help Gizmo out, are there any other topics that you would like to be added to this website? If so, I would love to hear from you. The easiest way is to leave them in my comments section at the end of this guide, I really am interested in making this website one that solves your problems with the best solutions.
Self-help guides focus on solving your problems with a variety of solutions, you also might find some that include step-by-step instructions. Which of these benefits you the most, let me know and I will provide you with what you prefer.
- Staying Social When You Stop Drinking
- Online Therapy Right for You
- Age Discrimination
- Autism in Adults
- How to Feel and Respond to the Emotions of Others
- Body Shaming
You can get access to these and more by visiting the Help Guide Organization, this is another good resource for researching to find solutions to your problems. I want to thank you very much for visiting my website today, remember to come back again if you enjoyed your time with me.
No matter what type of gardening interests you there are many health benefits, and people of all ages can benefit from this hobby.
You can learn the gardening health benefits and much more by reading this guide, there is always lots of interesting information provided by Gizmo in every article on this website for you.
Benefits From Gardening
First, we are going to learn the health benefits of outdoor gardening. Even though I enjoy this type of living in an apartment, Gizmo is lucky enough to have an apartment balcony. Let us begin by exploring the outdoors since this is extremely popular, and we will be discussing other types and even providing you with some inspiration and tips.
- Vitamin D without taking vitamins
- Outdoor gardening is a popular hobby among retired seniors
- Studies have shown this can decrease your dementia risks by 36%
- 30 minutes of outdoors increases most people’s emotional health
- Natural stress relief for many people
- An enjoyable way to add aerobic exercise to your lifestyle
- Strengthen and keep your muscles toned
- Increases your physical endurance
- Awesome for joint health
- Socially increases relationships with other gardeners in your neighborhood
- Many senior citizen centers provide community gardens that are an excellent social outlet for retired seniors.
Even though these are not nearly all the health benefits of outdoor gardening, you will get an idea of how this simple hobby can improve your life and your health. Before we move on to another type, let us see how this can improve our mental health in more detail.
Outdoor Gardening Mental Health Benefits
Many of us think of only the physical health benefits of gardening, we are going to take it a step further by exploring the mental health benefits as well. More people are experiencing emotional problems today than ever before, and there are no signs that it is going to decrease in the near future.
- Anxiety and stress from things we can’t control often trigger many people’s symptoms, gardening provides us peace and teaches us to accept the things that we can’t control.
- Realize it is fine when things are not perfect, every plant we put into the ground does not always grow perfectly and that is something we learn from this simple hobby.
- Improves our self-esteem as our gardens become more beautiful from years of experience.
- Naturally gives most of us a positive attitude, when we are positive good things naturally just seem to happen for us.
- A great bonding to form healthy relationships with other gardeners and even families.
- Spending time in nature instead of technology as often has the potential to lengthen the quality of our life emotionally.
- Gardeners are naturally calmer emotionally and cope more effectively with anxiety and stress.
- Provide many folks with spiritual benefits that are often overlooked
- Improves your mood and cognitive functioning.
- People with Alzheimer’s and Dementia experience benefits from gardening in the early stages of these diseases.
- If you are interested in a hobby that will provide you with physical plus emotional benefits, why not start a garden?
In my next paragraph, I am going to share some informational articles focusing on gardening. This will be useful to beginners as well as advanced gardeners, we can never learn too much about something that we are passionate about.
I really feel these articles are worth your time reading, you will be happy to know they are very easy and simple to follow and understand. Education is a very important part of this website, today we are spending way too much time worrying about things instead of enjoying our lives.
- How to prepare the soil for a vegetable garden
- Create your own mini garden
- How to Build a Japanese garden
- Improving your health by gardening
- How to lose weight gardening
- Preparing a new garden bed
- How to create a no-dig garden
- How to get rid of garden slugs
- Introducing children to gardening
- How to get rid of garden moles
No matter your experience there is an article that can help you, you can search for even more by clicking on any of the links above. This is a very good resource to research for a wide variety of topics, I would suggest you consider using this when you are trying to solve a problem.
Indoor Gardening Health Benefits
Maybe an outdoor garden just is not possible, I know with my own health problems an indoor garden was my way to keep gardening. There are many health benefits from this type as well, so that is what we are going to talk about next.
- Improve our concentration to be more productive
- Houseplants are natural anxiety and stress relievers
- Improves your mood naturally
- Provide oxygen in your apartment or your home
- Choosing the right plants for your bedroom actually has improved some people’s sleep.
- Used to decorate your apartment or your home with houseplants is another way to use gardening indoors in a positive way.
- Provides you with feelings of well-being
- Cognitive health benefits
- Keeps your creativity blooming
- Plants indoors provide a healing benefit
- Regulates the humidity in your apartment or your home
- Decreases toxins plus pollutants indoors
- Increases our pain tolerance from chronic pain diseases
- Enhances our memory functioning
Now we have learned about growing houseplants indoors for our health, this might be a coincidence but since adding plants in my apartment my allergy symptoms have dramatically improved over the years.
Herb Garden Health Benefits
One of my favorites is herb gardens, they are super easy to grow and provide you with natural health benefits. Awesome choices for outdoor and indoor gardening, so you really can’t go wrong by adding this type of garden to your home.
- Heart disease
- Lower cholesterol
- Blood pressure management
- Blood sugar and insulin
- Antioxidant benefits
- Culinary herbs are the easiest for beginner gardeners to grow
As you can see herb plants provide us with very important health benefits, this is my favorite type of garden plant I include it in both my balcony and my indoor gardens. Gizmo does provide auto-notifications for your convenience, what you will receive is a notification every time a new publication is published.
Best Herbs For Indoor Gardening
Since herbs provide us with so many benefits, I want to help you get started growing them indoors. Below I have listed the easiest ones that even beginners can grow successfully, and this information came from HGTV just in case you are curious.
- Lemon Balm
- Bay Laurel
- Lemon Grass
- Kaffir Lime
Mints are another of my favorite for brewing my own homemade tea, what I do is put the leaves in my slow cooker with water and let my slow cooker do its thing. Nothing like homemade mint tea, once you brew your own, you will never want store-bought again.
Outdoor Garden Herbs
We will now look at what Country Living recommends as the easiest herbs to grow outdoors, this will give you the best ones no matter where you plan to start your herb garden.
- French Tarragon
These are the herbs Country Living suggests you add to your garden, another one of my favorites is Lavender. If you love the scent of this herb, I strongly suggest you consider this one as well.
Self-Help Guide Benefits
Let us just look at the benefits of reading my self-help guides, why I write them is to help as many people as I possibly can. This has become my purpose in my life in my senior years, and as long as God provides me with good health, I will be dedicating my time to helping you.
- Solving problems that you are facing and struggling with
- Overcoming any obstacles standing in your way
- Providing you with my own experience plus resources you can research on your own
- Increase your confidence that you can overcome your problem
- Inspire and motivate you with my guides
- Ease your anxiety and stress from being overwhelmed
- Introduce you to new possible solutions to your problem
- Writing as simple and easy to understand as I possibly can for you
- No cost to you to read and learn from what I find for you
- Make me happy knowing I am helping you
You can visit me on Pinterest if you desire to, I created a board there with all my guides for easy to access all in one place. You can join for free if you are not signed up, this is just something I wanted to do to provide my guides to more people.
Terrarium Garden Health Benefits
It just happens that I just added two terrarium gardens in my own apartment, being curious what the health benefits of terrariums are, I thought why not share them with you as well?
- Removes pollutants from the air in your apartment or your home
- Provides healthier air that promotes health benefits
- Terrariums are calming to admire and watch your plants
- Creating your own terrarium promotes your creativity, they are easy to design and there are no set rules that you really have to follow
- You can create one from a simple jar or an aquarium as large as you can afford or desire to
- Enjoy the benefits of nature without even leaving your home
- Improves your concentration
- Improves your attention span
- Promotes comfort and self-healing
- Natural pain relief
- Enhances our mental health naturally with no bad side-effects
Amazing something as simple as a jar with plants can improve our lives so dramatically, for anyone curious about what type of plants are in my next paragraph. Do you have a problem you are struggling with, I encourage you to leave your problem in my comments section and I will write a guide with problem-solving solutions.
Terraium Plants Guide
Since I mentioned terrariums and possibly got your interest, I only feel it is my responsibility to provide you with some of the best plants for this project. This will give you a better idea once you know the plants that grow the best, let us learn that next.
- Fittonia or known as the Nerve Plant
- Carnivorous Plants
- African Violets
- Baby Breath
- Creeping Fig
- Club Moss
- Air Plants
- Jade Plant
The plants on the list above will give you a good start, maybe you need some help shopping. We are going to be covering that next, so keep reading to learn more about creating your terrarium garden. If this has been helpful to you, please share it with your family and your friends.
Shopping tips are something Gizmo provides in some of his guides, today we are going to do a search on Google to see what that search engine recommends. This will save you time searching on your own, and I am more than happy to include this for you.
- Hirt’s Gardens
- Meek Outlet
- World Market
You can find even more by doing a search on your own, but these are the top results that came up when I did the search for you. This will save you time, and I suggest you check out Hirt’s Gardens first for they are my favorite source where I find the best deals.
Sharing my guide categories will make it easier and more convenient for you, as everyone is not interested in the same topics. All you have to do is get access to all my articles in any category below that interests you, no wasting your own time searching on my website.
Gizmo is also on Twitter if you are a Tweeter, I would love for you to look me up and even follow my Tweets if it interests you. You will find many useful resources from my followers, you could say this is another good resource for you to consider.