Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link.
Free Handmade Soap Recipes is for anyone wishing to avoid the ingredients in store-bought products, this self-help guide will provide you with several to choose from. Please read my entire article, you might be surprised what you find.
Herbal Soap Recipe
Let us begin right off the bat with the recipes that I have found for you, so without wasting any of your time we are going to begin. Remember this website is an awesome resource for self-help guides, now we are ready to learn how to prepare our first handmade recipe.
What You Need
- 2.19 Ounces of Sodium Hydroxide
- 4.37 Ounces of Distilled Water
- 4.8 Ounces of Refined Coconut Oil
- 0.8 Ounces of Shea Butter
- 7.2 Ounces of Olive Oil
- 3.2 Ounces of Sunflower Oil
- 1 Teaspoon of Finely Chopped Rosemary, Thyme, Lemon Balm, Peppermint, and Lavender.
- 1 Teaspoon of Rosemary Essential Oil
- 1 Teaspoon of Lavender Essential Oil
- 1 1/4 Teaspoon of Peppermint Essential Oil
Ready to Prepare
Use the basic soap-making instructions along with these additional steps specific to this recipe. Soaping temperature 100°F/38°C
* For your finely chopped herbs I’d recommend using 1 teaspoon fresh or 1/2 tsp dried. The herbs add speckles through the soap but no noticeable scent.
Don’t allow the ingredient list above to overwhelm you, you will find it is not as complex as it might appear at the first glance. This is an extremely easy soap recipe for first-timers, if this is not appealing to you keep reading more is coming.
Soap Making Kits
Before we get into our next recipe, another option that might appeal to some of you would be to shop for a soap-making kit instead. I must admit that in many of my projects this is what I prefer to do myself, you receive everything you need which for me is convenient and a huge time-saver.
- Creative Kids Lab
- Botanical Soap Kit
- Soaps and Scents Creative Lab
- Make Your Own Soap Kit
- Sparkling Squishy Soap
- DIY Bath Bomb Donut Kit
- Browse Soap Making Kits
- Simple Serenity Kit
- Lavender Soap Making Kit
These are some examples found through a Google search, I just wanted to give you an idea of what is available in case you decide to go this route. A good self-help guide provides you with options, so a kit is something to think about. Visit Gizmos Deals for consumer self-help guides if you are interested, this is another website I write to help shoppers just like you.
Lavender Soap Recipe
How many of you love the scent of lavender, if you are like me this is one of your favorite scents in your herb garden. Since this is very popular, I chose this one as well to share with you. Whenever you are ready, start reading to learn how to prepare this all-natural soap.
What You Need
- 6 Ounces of Unscented Goat Soap
- 15 Drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Dried Lavender Flowers
- Silicone Soap Mold
Let Us Get Started
- Start with a small saucepan half-filled with water and cover it
- Medium Heat
- Bring to a Boil
- Now slice your unscented goat soap into small pieces and add them to a bowl
- Be sure to slowly melt your unscented goat soap until a liquid forms
- Once this becomes a liquid form remove it from the heat
- Now you are ready to add the oil and the flowers
- Stir the mixture and pour it into your silicone soap mold
- Allow cooling and harden
- You have just created your very first lavender soap with your own two hands
Lavender is a very good choice for homemade soap, who does not experience the natural relaxing effect from this special herb plant. Where can we get our supplies might be on your mind, that is what my next paragraph is about.
Soap Making Supplies
Let us do a Google search to see where you can shop for your soap supplies, this will save you time by me doing this for you. I like to do my best to help you as much as possible in every article, so here is what our old friend has to say.
- Normal Soap Company
- Ali Express
- Hobby Lobby
- Uncommon Goods
- Michaels Stores
- Jo-Ann Stores
- Wholesale Supplies Plus
The list above is what Google recommends, another good source is Pinterest. We still have a little more waiting for you, so please stick around just a little bit longer. Gizmos Self Help Guides might be brand new, but you can count on this website to do everything to help you.
Soap Making Tweets
How many of you are on Twitter, you can use this also as an awesome resource as well. Never underestimate the social media websites for inspiration and self-help. I have a few tweets to share with you, and then it is up to you to decide if you wish to use them.
- Baby Tech Start-Up
- Lititz Museum
- Soboan Candles and Soap
- Catholic Supremacist
- Melissa Online
- Life Daily Dealz
- Visit Twitter
Just one more paragraph to go, and this might be one of the more important ones. These are the resources that I have hunted down for you, these can be a great asset to learning more about soap making. Every article you can find me sharing with you, so you will always want to read my entire guide to the very end.
Soap Making Resources
The more of my guides that you read, the sooner you will realize this is not a website pushing merchandise into your face. I do provide a handful of them in every article, but my priority is to provide you with valuable information you can use related to my topic of the day.
- DIY Cleaning Soaps with Natural Ingredients
- Soap Making Basics
- DIY Beeswax Soap
- How to Make Pretty Lemongrass Soap
- Rainbow Soap with Essential Oils
- Lotus Flower Soap
- DIY Decorative Soaps
- Natural Soap Making for Beginners
- How to Make a Soap Base
- 15 Minute Crystal Soap
- Browse Soap Making Resources
The list above you can find by visiting Pinterest, another good resource that I use myself all the time is Wiki How, and if you click here you will be taken to their website with their soap-making articles.