Eat your veggies was what mothers have been telling their children forever, we are going to get access to easy quick vegetarian meals for busy families. By preparing tasty recipes your family will eat their veggies, and that will make mothers everywhere happier.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link.
With many women with careers today, moms just don’t have the time to prepare healthy meals all the time, we are going to help them with some recipes that take less time for them to prepare.
Vegetable Burger Recipe
Our burgers are one of our favorite meals, even our children are eager to bite into them. We have a special burger for you made from cauliflower, no need to become anxious just read below for our first recipe.
For The Burger
1 x Gosh! Mixed Seed, Quinoa, Carrot & Coriander Bake
1 bread bun
1 tomato slice
a handful of shredded carrots and sprouts
a handful of shredded purple cabbage
1 tbsp fresh pesto
a dollop of hummus
For The Cauliflower Steak
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp smoked paprika
How to Prepare
Preheat the oven to 200C/180F/Gas 4.
Slice the cauliflower into 1½cm thick ‘steaks’. Mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, ground coriander, turmeric, smoked paprika, and cumin, plus salt and pepper. Brush the cauliflower steaks with the dressing and ideally leave to marinade for one hour.
Cook the Gosh! bake for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, fry the cauliflower steaks in a griddle pan for 4-5 minutes on each side.
Spread some hummus on each side of the bread bun. Layer the shredded cabbage, and tomato slice, Gosh! bake, and cauliflower steak. Finish with a dollop of pesto and top with the shredded carrots and sprouts.
Sounds yummy and super easy to prepare for busy mothers, if you like this one you can find more by visiting Easy Veggie Ideas. That is the website where Gizmo found this recipe for you, and I always share my resources because they can benefit you.
Hummus Dollop Recipe
Possibly if you are like me, you are curious about the hummus dollop, so you have access to how to prepare this homemade. Are you pregnant, and if so my Easy Healthy Pregnancy Snacks might be interesting to you. Consider this a bonus for visiting my website, feel free to share with your family and friends who might be expecting.
What You Need
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2–4 tbsp cold water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 medium cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 (15-oz) can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
How to Prepare
Add tahini, cold water, olive oil, cumin, salt, garlic, and lemon juice to a food processor. Puree until smooth.
Add in the chickpeas. Puree for 3-4 minutes, pausing halfway to scrape down the sides of the bowl until the hummus is smooth. If it seems too thick, add another tbsp or two of water.
Taste and season with additional salt, cumin, and/or lemon juice if needed.
Serve immediately, garnished with your desired toppings, or transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Dollop Online shared this in one of their blog posts, I just want you to be aware of where this came from. I feel it is only proper to provide you with this information, you can then visit the websites anytime you have free time.
Do You Have Thirty Minutes
My next find will take only 30 minutes or less to prepare, now this will allow you to provide your family with a homemade meal in very little time. A much better choice than fast food, we stop for convenient food way more than is healthy for us.
Deluxe Mexican Pizza Ingredients
- 1 can (15 ounces) of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
Let Us Put It All Together
- In a small bowl, mash black beans. Stir in the onion, yellow pepper, chili powder, and cumin. In another bowl, combine the tomatoes, jalapeno, and garlic.
- Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan; spread with bean mixture. Top with tomato mixture and spinach. Sprinkle with cilantro, pepper sauce, and cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Visit Taste of Home
Don’t allow the ingredient list to overwhelm you, and you do have the option to leave out anything your family does not like. Here is what Mary Barker has to say, my husband is a picky eater, but this healthful Mexican-style pizza has a such amazing flavor that he actually looks forward to it.
Gizmo has a few of his own that might interest you, without taking too much of your time below is a list of some of my favorites to share with you. Providing your family with these is my pleasure, now let us move on to what is coming next.
- Histamine Intolerance With Recipes
- Bone Broth Soup Recipes
- Easy Preschool Cooking Recipes
- Picky Eater Lunch Ideas
- Browse Gizmos Self-Help Guides
Now we are ready to get back to help you with easy quick meals, whenever you are ready check out my next paragraph for my next recipe. Do you wish you could know when Gizmo publishes his next guide, well you can simply by signing up for my auto-notifications? I promise you nothing will be sent to you other than my most recent publication, which has been very popular among my readers in such a short time.
Tasty Vegan Tacos
This one will be a favorite of every member of your family, even the children will look forward and possibly beg you to serve them often. Why not add all of these recipes to a family cookbook, you can do this very easily with a free cookbook template. This is just one of my freebies today, so why not save all your best meals to hand down to your children?
What We Need
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed
- 1 cauliflower medium head, chopped into florets
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper sauce
- ½ cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk, water, or broth
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or onion powder
- 8 to 12 tortillas
- Taco fillings of choice
Let Us Make Tacos
Preheat the oven to 425° F. Combine the chipotle and non-dairy milk in a blender. In a large bowl, toss the chipotle mixture and cauliflower.
In a smaller bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, flax meal (if using), cumin, and onion or garlic powder. Dip each cauliflower floret into the breadcrumbs to coat. Place on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender and the coating is crispy and golden brown. Layer on tortillas with fillings of your choice.
Clean Green Simple provides this for their readers to enjoy, so I thought why not share this with my own readers as well? If your family prefers extra crispy, They will go crazy when you serve them this.
Busy Mother Meal Ideas
Possibly you are interested in me sharing some easy choices for busy moms, we are going to get some inspiration in this paragraph provided by Organized Mom. Another blog that is a good choice to add to your favorites, now let us see meals we can serve our families without taking too much time.
- Oats are at the top of the list, I must admit this is awesome for a quick snack as well as a healthy meal.
- Smoothies are easy to prepare, and you will find children especially will love these never imagining how much nutrition they are receiving.
- Tofu Scramble can be used as a replacement for meat, so this makes a great ingredient for any vegetarian dish you prepare.
- Pancake Mix Muffins will only require approximately 20 minutes to be ready for your family to enjoy.
- Chili especially on cold winter days is yummy in the tummy, add a variety of your favorite beans in a slow cooker. Now, how easy and quick will this be, don’t forget to include all your favorite veggies.
- Taco Salads are a great change from your normal routine, and they are super easy to make.
Organized Mom has some very good suggestions, we can tell she has experience feeding her family during busy times. The tofu scramble might have you as curious as me, so that is what is in my next paragraph.
This might be as brand new to you as it is to me, that is why including this is a special bonus from Gizmo. Taking the time to share this one with you gives me great pleasure, now let us learn exactly what Tofu Scramble is.
You want to press the tofu for about half an hour (until the water is drained). Crumble pressed tofu into a skillet, add spices like turmeric, salt, pepper, paprika, and veggies like bell peppers and spinach. This came directly from Organized Mom herself, just so you understand where I got the directions.
Vegetarian Diet Health Benefits
First, what inspired me to write this guide is due to my own health problems, meat is hard for me to digest now. Even though I don’t consider myself a vegan or vegetarian, I must admit the majority of my diet now is plant-based. What are the health benefits of this type of lifestyle, that is what we are going to explore now?
- Heart Health
- Lower Cancer Risks
- Less Chance of Type 2 Diabetes
- Bone Health not a Problem
- Vegans do not eat any products derived from animals
- Lacto-Ovo vegetarians do not eat meat, poultry, or fish, but do eat eggs and dairy products.
- Lacto vegetarians eat no meat, poultry, fish, or eggs, but do consume dairy products.
- Ovo vegetarians: eat no meat, poultry, fish, or dairy products, but do eat eggs.
- Partial vegetarians avoid meat but may eat fish or poultry
- This information in this paragraph was found in Health Harvard Education
So which of the vegetarian types most interests you, I am not a vegan by any means. For me, being a partial vegetarian fits me the best. Since I am not able to digest beans, a vegan would be extremely difficult for me. Instead of worrying about being any specific type, go with what your digestion system tells you are the best foods to eat.
Easy Detox Recipes
We always hear about how healthy detoxification is, then why does it seem so hard for most of us to do it? Maybe we can make this a part of our lifestyle, what I have for you is a list of easy detox recipes below.
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Quinoa Breakfast Hash
- Ginger Miso Soup
- Eggplant Soup
- Wheat Berry Salad
- Quinoa Lentil Salad
- Mixed Beans Masala Bowl
- Corn Pakora Fritters
- Butternut Squash Slow Cooker
- Chana Masala
- Lentils Tacos
- Vegan Gumbo
- Crockpot Chili
- Vegan Shortbread
- Carrot Almond Pudding
- Visit Holy Cow Vegan
When I think of detoxing, what always comes to my mind are those nasty beverage concoctions. This has opened my mind to a new way to detox my body, and possibly this will be the same for you as well.
Are Vegan Diets Safe
Before we dump all our food into the garbage can, we really must seriously consider if this is really as healthy as people claim. Gizmo in no way is promoting any type of diet, and in fact, I am on a very restricted diet due to health problems that even many vegan foods are off limits for me.
- Vitamin B12
As for nutrition, the ones above should be your main concern, what we must do is find the foods that will provide us with what we need. Many vegetarians supplement with vitamins and minerals, let us look at these more closely.
Protein is the main concern when going plant-based, with me unable to consume meat this has concerned me a great deal. Actually, it scares me, as I research for myself I am sharing with you at the same time.
- Beans are at the top of the list, and this food is off-limits to me. I have tried every type that I could find, every one gives me tummy pain.
- Lentils are another protein source to consider, just my luck these also are not an option.
- Edamame is what most of us know as soybeans, and since beans are off limits so are these for me.
- I even have given Tofu a try without any luck, but for those of you able to consume beans and lentils these will provide you with the protein that your body needs.
- Tempeh might be new to many of you like me, if you have trouble with soybeans stay away from this one as well.
- How I am getting my protein is from grains, oats are the primary source that I consume most days. Quinoa is another good choice as well, that is if pasta is not a problem for you.
- What about peas, yes they are packed with protein and you can even purchase pea protein powder
- Snacking on nuts is a good source that most people like, by adding just a handful of them each day is a good way to increase your protein intake.
- Seeds are another good snack option, many people just love roasted sunflower seeds.
- Brussel sprouts
- Leafy Greens
Did you ever imagine so many plant-based alternatives were available, now that you do getting enough protein is going to be much less overwhelming for you? Before we go to my next paragraph, you can get access to all my guides on Pinterest. That is another option available, now let us move on to learn more.
Our next nutrition source required is calcium, we need to think seriously about how we are going to get enough of this to be healthy. This paragraph is supplied by Dr. Lisa Watson, who can we trust more than a doctor?
Let Us Begin With Veggies
The advice provided in this article is for informational purposes only. It is meant to augment and not replace consultation with a licensed healthcare provider. Consultation with a Naturopathic Doctor or other primary care provider is recommended for anyone suffering from a health problem.
What About Iron
I have been anemic for the majority of my life, what is causing this for me is my body does not absorb enough nutrients from my food. Possibly my diet also has contributed to this deficiency, when I was young meat was my main food source. Now I must take iron supplements, one thing you might wish to know this causes chronic constipation in the majority of people.
- Kidney Beans
- Dried Fruit
The Vegetarian Society provided the list of iron-packed foods, another free resource that you might want to visit sometime. We are now ready to explore our options for B12, one of the most important nutrients our bodies require for energy.
B12 Food Sources
Gizmo is deficient in B12 as well, so this is another supplement I must take daily. Many people are in need of this supplementation as well as vitamin D, why this is could be contributing to our diets or possibly our foods lacking these two vitamins, especially processed foods.
- Whole Milk
- Swiss Cheese
- Nutritional Yeast
- Yeast Spreads
- Fortified Soy
- Almond Milk
- Plant-Based Meats
- Fortified Cereals
Fresh n Lean wrote the blog post with this information, I will not provide you a link because Gizmo does not promote specific brands not familiar with. We have now covered all the worries most people have about a plant-based diet, if you wish to share your own experience feel free to leave it in my comments section.
What Else You Can Learn From Gizmo
Recipes are not the only topic that I write about, you will find very soon, even more, will be added to solve even more of your problems. The majority of what I write about is what I am or have struggled with myself, you can be sure that this website understands and really makes helping you a priority.
- Exercise and Fitness
- Mental Health
- Pets Are Family Too
- Our Senior Years
- Struggling With Losing Weight
You can find Gizmo on Twitter as well, I would love you to look me up and check out my followers’ Tweets. You will find a nice variety of topics, this also will give you a better idea of who I am as a person. Need assistance, leave me your problem in my comments section, and as a favor, I will write a guide just for you.
2 thoughts on “Easy Quick Vegetarian Meals”
Pingback: Vegan Holiday Party Appetizers | Gizmos Self Help Guides
Pingback: Transportation Services For Seniors | Gizmos Self Help Guides