Eating healthy during your pregnancy is very important as we all know, so what are the healthiest snacks is our topic today?
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link.
Easy Healthy Pregnancy Snacks is what you are going to find in this guide, but there will be much more worth reading to learn. A lady’s weight is important when childbirth arrives, so some tips on that also will be included in this guide.
Pregnancy Weight Gain
By no means is childbirth easy and a piece of cake, I for one, respect any woman who chooses to give birth to raise a family of her own. How many men would you find willing to go through this, I can say in confidence very few if any at all.
- Between 25 and 35 pounds is the weight gain you should aim for, any more than this, and does make giving birth more difficult for most women.
- Weight gain of 2 to 4 pounds is the average for the majority of ladies during the first three months.
- After three months aim for 1 pound per week during the remainder of your pregnancy.
- Free Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator is my first freebie to share with you, and this is an important part of my website that I am proud to include.
Now we understand our goals during our pregnancy in the way of weight gain, we will now explore some of the easy healthy pregnancy snacks that I have found for you. More tips and freebies also will be included in the remainder of this self-help guide, I do hope you will find this valuable enough to share.
Snack Time Guide
Being creative can be your best friend when choosing snacks, we want to add more healthy foods and less processed foods. Processed foods are loaded with artificial ingredients and preservatives, we want to limit our consumption of them during our pregnancy.
- Apple and Cheese
- Egg on an English Muffin
- Homemade Trail Mix
- Greek Yogurt Parfait
- Vegetables with Guacamole Dip
- Cottage Cheese, Fruit, and Granola
- Avocado on Crackers
- Tortilla with Hummus
- Waffle with Almond Butter
- Watermelon or other melons to stay hydrated
The suggestions above were found on the Baby Center blog, what better resource than one that focuses primarily on pregnancy and babies? Adding more fruits and vegetables is what we wish to do, there will be more for you throughout this publication.
Gaining Too Much Weight Health Risks
Even though you are eating for two, as they say, you want to be sure to maintain a healthy pregnancy weight. There are health risks of gaining too much weight, and that is what we are going to discuss next.
- Gestational diabetes
- Leg pain
- Increased fatigue
- Varicose veins
- Increased risk of cesarean delivery
- High blood pressure
- An increased risk for gestational diabetes and high blood pressure
- Difficulty with hearing the heartbeat and measuring the size of the uterus
- Difficulty with vaginal delivery if the fetus is much larger than average
The American Pregnancy Organization deserves our thanks for publishing these tips, if you are pregnant this is another good website I recommend for more information. Before we get some more snack ideas, let us look at some exercise possibilities.
Safe Exercising During Pregnancy
Never think exercise is not an important part of healthy childbirth, now physicians are encouraging women to be as active and at the same time be safe. Walking is always a safe option to consider, below are some more that might interest you even more.
- Pelvic Floor Exercises
- Prenatal Yoga
- Free Pregnancy Workout Plans
- Safe Pregnancy Ab Workouts
- Stationary Bike
You have a nice variety of options that are safe, but just to be sure Consult Your Physician before starting any type of exercise when you are pregnant. It is always better to be safe than sorry, for most ladies these are approved by the majority of physicians.
Healthy Peanut Butter Fudge
This one is for those of you who love fudge, and with this recipe, it is easy and healthy at the same time. Now let us learn what we need and how to prepare our fudge, you might want to jot this down or save this on your browser favorites.
What We Need
- 1 jar natural smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
How To Prepare
- In a small saucepan on low heat, add coconut oil and rice malt syrup, and stir until completely melted.
- Add remaining ingredients and vigorously stir until the peanut butter is completed melted and mixed through.
- Pour into a lined baking tray (add any toppings/nuts/dried fruit at this stage) and place in the freezer for 1.5-2 hours, or until set.
- Slice into bite-sized pieces and enjoy!
Where this recipe was found on Kidspot Kitchen, another good one to keep in mind for healthy and easy recipes. Since your hormones will be going crazy, I have another freebie that might help you. Free Mood Tracker Apps will provide you access to a variety of ways to monitor your moods, if this was helpful please feel free to share it with your family and your friends.
Pregnancy Super Food Guide
Superfoods are extremely healthy with health benefits, maybe you are curious about what some of these might be. That is what is coming next, keep reading for this list of snacks you want to be eating regularly.
- Swiss Chard
- Omelets with Veggies and Cheese
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Grass-Fed Meat Sources
- Sweet Potatoes
- Black Beans
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Red Bell Peppers
- Oatmeal with your Favorite Fruit
With these as a regular part of your diet, you are providing your baby with a variety of vitamins and minerals they require. Now for another recipe, and if you enjoy my website join my auto-notifications opportunity. What you will receive is a simple notification every time I publish a new guide, so this way you will not miss any important publications.
Yummy Chia Pudding Recipe
Chia pudding is something very few of you likely have had, and if you have how often do you treat yourself to this healthy snack? Being this is not common to many people, I thought this just might be something that would interest you.
What We Need
- Canned coconut milk (full fat or light): This adds flavor and fats to the recipe (which helps us stay full).
- Whole milk plain Greek yogurt (or non-dairy equivalent): To mix into the coconut milk and add calcium.
- Chia seeds: These thicken the mixture into a pudding-like consistency.
- Maple syrup: For a little sweetness, I add maple syrup. You can also do honey for kids over age 1.
- Vanilla extract: This adds another subtle flavor.
- Topping with fruit is optional
How To Prepare
- Add the ingredients to a bowl.
- Stir together.
- Add to airtight containers and store in the fridge to allow the chia seeds to plump and absorb the liquid.
- Top with fruit, granola, or any other desired toppers, and serve cold.
Yummy Toddler Food provided this easy-to-prepare recipe, since it is not consumed regularly this can be a special treat or snack for you. This easy snack has a load of healthy omega fatty acids, plus protein, even though it is recommended for children in this blog post, it also is a great choice for expecting mothers.
Expecting Mothers Support Groups
Support groups on the internet are great places to meet and learn from others, Gizmo wants to help you be prepared for your little bundle of joy when he or she arrives. Below I have shared some that are highly recommended, I really encourage you to visit them.
- National Parent Helpline
- Blossoming Mothers
- Baby Center Community
- Hand to Hold
- The Motherhood Center
- MOPs Connects Moms
According to my research, these are the top five recommendations. Support groups and organizations are awesome places to get the answers to your questions, Gizmo is happy to be able to include this in this guide for you.
Gizmos Recipe Guides
To conclude this publication, I am going to share some of my recipe articles in this section. If any of them interest you feel free to click on the links below, this is just for your convenience to help you save time searching on your own.
- Free Family Recipe Cookbook Templates
- Histamine Intolerancece Diet
- Bone Broth Soup Recipes
- Homemade Essential Oil Perfume Recipes
- Easy Preschool Cooking Recipes
- Free Handmade Soap Recipes
- Visit Gizmo on Pinterest
I really hope you found some helpful information today, if you have your own experience to share with us please leave it in the comments section. We can help one another by sharing what we have learned over the years, and that is the main purpose of my website.
2 thoughts on “Easy Healthy Pregnancy Snacks”
Pingback: Easy Quick Vegetarian Meals | Gizmos Self Help Guides
Pingback: How To Stay Healthy During Pregnancy | Gizmos Self Help Guides