Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link.
If you are not sure if your fur baby is overweight, why not use this free Dog Weight Loss Calculator. Weight management is just as important for your canine as it is for you, and we all want them to be with us as long as possible.
Dog Weight Loss Calculator Guide
Gizmo is not going to provide pet parents with just one freebie tool, but we are going to gain access to several to give you more than one to choose from. You then can explore them on your own, and every one of these might not be right for everyone reading this guide. For all my Self-Help Guides all in one place click on the link, and this is for your convenience to help with many of the most important topics in most people’s lives.
- Vet Calculators
- Merk Veterinary Manual
- Pet Obesity Prevention
- Dog Food Advisor
- My Cocker Spaniel
- Dog Exercise Calculator-Uno dogs
- MER Calculator for Dogs-Purina Institute
- Vet OSU Education
Everyone on this list is a good place to begin your search for calculators, you also will benefit from even more information by visiting their websites. All are highly regarded as experts, now are these not awesome resources to get started.
Dog Weight Loss Pins
Pinterest is a good resource that many people use regularly, and in this section are some pins from that website that might interest some of you to visit during your free time.
- How to Get Your Dog to Lose Weight on a Budget
- Easy Ways to Lose Weight
- How to Easily Help Your Dog to Lose Weight
- Dog Weight Loss Programs
- The 10 Top Dog Foods to Help with Weight Loss
- What is Your Dogs Body Condition Score
- 7 Foolproof Tips to Help Your Dog Lost Weight This Year
- Natural Weight Loss Tips for Dogs
- 6 Brilliant Tricks to Help Your Dog Weight Loss
- How You and Your Dog Can Lose Weight Together
- The Green Bean Diet for Dogs
- What is the Best Diet for Overweight Dogs
How many of these sound like ones that you would like to read, you can get access to these and many more by visiting Pinterest. No account, no problem. Open up your free account in minutes, now onward to our next paragraph.
Best Dog Treats Recommended
Now we are going to learn about treats for our canine friends, and just like us, low fat is the key to losing those extra pounds. What are the best ones can be overwhelming and frustrating, we are going to find out what are your best brands right now.
- Blue Dog Bakery Natural Dog Treats is what my Australian Shepherd snacks on, and this brand is rated as one of the best that you can spoil your dog with. Remember moderation is the key, I just wanted to remind you of this.
- Halo Vegan Grain
- Old Mother Hubbard
- Get Naked Weight Management
- Charlee Bear
- Whole Life Dog Treats
Blue is my choice for my dog, but these other brands are highly recommended as well. Focus on all-natural ingredients are your better treats, and limiting chemical-loaded products is very important for a long happy life with your pet.
Vet Recommended People Foods
All food is not bad for your best friend, and I have done the research for the best foods that make the healthiest treats for them. The ones in this article are vet recommended, so I do trust them to be safe and healthy for my own dog as well as yours.
- Green Peas
- Green Beans
- Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Squash Cooked
What I do when introducing anything new is start with extremely small portions, and wait and see how their digestive system reacts before adding anything to their diet plan. Giving them more of these natural foods and less store-bought treats is healthier and safer, that is just my own opinion that has kept all my own dog’s health to live long happy lives.
Best Rated Pet Lover Groups
By being a member of a group you can keep up with what is happening, every group is not created equal. Following those that are highly regarded as experts is what I do, and below are some that you can consider if this interests you.
- Pet Lovers Group
- Pet Lovers Club
- Pet Lovers Network
- Pet Lovers USA
- American Pet Lovers
- Seven Networking Pet Lovers Community
- Pet Lover Organization
- NH Pet Lover Groups
- Passionately Pets
- Pet Photography Networking Groups
- Animal Lovers of New York
We know have an idea of the better groups rated on Facebook, and if you have an account there search for any of these that might interest you to join. Many more good ones to consider, so take your time and really research them before making any commitment. Less is really better in this case, you want to avoid more of them than you can actually participate in.
Dog Adoption Organizations
Maybe you or someone you know would love to adopt, many people just are not able to afford the high cost of purchasing from a professional breeder. Many times mixed breeds make much better pets, and some people tell me they often live longer than pure breeds as well.
- Best Friends Animal Society
- North Shore Animal League
- PAWS Chicago
- Wags and Walks
- Austin Pets Alive
- Adopt a Pet
- Rescue Me
- The Shelter Project
- AKC Rescue Network
- Local Rescues and Shelters Privately Owned
- Humane Society Shelters
If you have room in your heart for a live-in companion, here are the better places to begin your search. There are more animals in animal shelters and recuses today than ever before, and they are much more affordable than buying from a professional breeder.
Overweight Dog Assistance
Often as hard as we try we just are not able to do this alone, and in this section, I am going to provide you with some places where you can get help. Information and Educational Resources are the keys to accomplishing anything we are struggling to accomplish, now that is why I have included these in this guide.
- Creating a Weight Reduction Plan for Dogs
- Getting the Overweight Dog in Shape
- Overweight and Dog Weight Loss Plan
- Weight Loss Camp for Dogs
- 8 Essentials for Helping Your Dog Lose Weight
- Dog Weight Loss
- How to Slim Down an Overweight Dog in 30 Days
- Overweight Dog Food and Diet
- 9 Things You Should Know About the AAHA Weight Management Plan
- WAGSTA Wellness Dog Diet Plans
I am very confident you will find awesome information on any of these resources, and we are still moving ahead with even more goodies in my next paragraph.
Best Dog Food Brands
The doggy food you are feeding them is very important to maintain a healthy weight, how could I feel right not including this information for you. My conscience would not allow me to do such a thing, here are the brands of dog food you want to consider for your best friend.
- Blue Buffalo
- Victor Purpose
- Hills Science Diet
- Merrick Grain-Free
- Wellness Core
- Natural Balance Fat Dogs
- Purina Pro Plan
- Eagle Pack Reduced Weight
- Nutro Ultra for Small Breeds
Blue Buffalo is the brand I feed my own Australian Shepherd with confidence, this is just my Gizmos Shopping Tip. All the brands on the list above are highly recommended, so the most important part now is what is your dog going to love for dinner? Another tip I have for you is to purchase a small bag at first and give this a try to see how it works for you and your dog before investing in a larger size bag.
Homemade Healthy Dog Food Recipe
Being in my sixties now with health problems, I am not able to prepare my homemade recipe all of the time. When I need to I substitute with Blue Buffalo, even though it is not as healthy as my own dog food, it is all-natural which makes me feel good about giving my dog this brand.
- 3 pounds of minced chicken
- 2 ½ cups of minced frozen vegetables
- 4 cups of rice
- 6 ½ cups of water
- Step 1 – Put the chicken, rice, and veggies in a large saucepan and stir in the water until the mixture is smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it comes to a boil.
- Step 2 – Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and all the water has been absorbed (about 30 minutes).
- Step 3 – Cool completely before serving. Store the leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, and freeze them if it will be longer than that.
For any owner who loves their canine and has the time homemade is the best way to go, you can do as I do and keep one of the all-natural brands handy for days you just are not able to prepare this recipe.
Dog Owner Resources
We are going to end Dog Weight Loss Calculator with websites for dog owners, now you will find these full of information that can be helpful for caring for your canine. For me, taking the time to keep up with what is best for him is well worth my time. Here is what I have for you, and thank you for visiting Gizmos Self-Help Guides.
- Bring Fido
- I Heart Dogs
- The Dog Breed Information Center
- The Dog People
- American Kennel Club
- Puppyhood By Purina
- Whole Dog Journal
- The Bark
- WebMD for Pets
- VCA Hospitals
- How Dogs Learn
- Quick and Easy Crate Training
- Positively Loose Leash Walking
- How to Teach an Old Dog New Tricks
- How to Behave So Your Dog Behaves
Quite a list of resources that I have found for dog owners, and Gizmo loves to share with you as much in every article to help you and your dog. There is so much more available without a doubt, so pets are going to be the new category I start writing regularly about.