Can you exercise while pregnant is something many women are concerned about, learn the answer and more in this guide.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link.
Yes, exercising during your pregnancy is actually recommended by physicians today. We are going to explore this topic in more detail in the following paragraphs.
Exercise While Pregnant Health Benefits
Let us begin with the health benefits women receive who exercise during their pregnancy, I found this information on the American Pregnancy Organization website. You might want to add this to your favorites, that is the reason I shared where this information came from.
- Eases back pain
- More energy
- Positive mood
- Posture benefits
- Improved muscle tone
- Muscle strengthening
- Better quality of sleep
- Childbirth benefits
- Aids in weight loss after pregnancy
Now that we see the health benefits, next what exercises are the best is what I have found for you. Consult your physician before starting any type when you are pregnant, you never want to take any risks that might harm your baby.
Physician Approved Pregnancy Exercises
Since exercising is something you should be including during your pregnancy, it also is important to know which types that are safe for the baby and you. That is what you are going to find listed below, and there is much more awesome information you will want to know in the remainder of this self-help guide.
- Walking is the number one activity doctors recommend to their patients that are expecting.
- Swimming is the second best one that you can do, everyone is not into spending their time at the pool. If this appeals to you why not start going regularly, you can even find classes for pregnant ladies at the YMCA.
- This might surprise you, but strength training is okay, you really should get a qualified instructor to be safe. This one you will for sure what to get the thumbs up from your physician, never take any risks without consulting him or her first.
- Cycling is the next approved activity doctors approve, so a stationary bike might be perfect if you desire to work out at home.
- Runners and joggers can continue their passion if they desire to, and all you need is a good pair of running shoes.
- Pilates during pregnancy is very popular with ladies, now you can still do them even while you are expecting.
- One of the safest choices out of this entire list is yoga and medication, everyone should consider adding this even if you are not pregnant.
- Consult your Physician before Starting Any Workout Program
Awesome now we have options recommended by medical professionals, remember to check in with your doctor before beginning any of these just to be safe. If you are interested in my auto-notifications feel free to sign up, you will never receive any merchandise only my most recent guides.
Exercises To Avoid During Your Pregnancy
I feel it is my duty to include which types to stay away from as well, we just don’t want to take any chances of causing any problems. Miscarriages are more common than many people realize, so avoid these just to be extra safe.
- All high-impact exercises
- Water skiing
- Snow skiing
- Stay away from horseback riding
- Extreme twisting exercises on your feet
- Knee bends
- Double leg raises
- Hot Yoga
- Cross fit training
- Climbing stairs
- Scuba diving
- Pregnancy Workout Programs
I shared a link to pregnancy workout programs that might interest you, Gizmo has no association with these programs. Even if you join any of them, there are no financial benefits to this website.
The Healthy Pregnancy Guide
This website devotes its priority to provide you with valuable information, you will find that always comes first before anything else. That is what health-related sites should be all about, not pushing tons of merchandise in their content to make money. Gizmo always is open to any requests to write guides for you, so never hesitate to leave comments or requests.
- Prenatal vitamins
- Daily exercise
- Consider writing up a birth plan
- Learn as much as you can by researching
- Avoid using too many chemical-loaded products
- Aim for between 25 and 35 pounds of weight gain during your pregnancy
- Invest in comfortable shoes
- Make folate foods a priority
- Calcium foods
- Add more fish to your diet
- Increase your fiber consumption
- Avoid soft cheeses, they are thought to possibly contribute to pregnancy problems such as miscarriages.
- Plenty of Veggie Snacks
- Aim for up to six healthy meals per day
- Start a food diary
- Go for between three hundred and five hundred added calories per day
- Caffeine in moderation
- Stay hydrated
- Avoid alcohol
- Sunscreen on hot sunny summer days
- Avoid air travel during the later stages of pregnancy
- Stay away from the cat litter, so give another family member this chore.
- Allow cravings in moderation
- Contact your physician without hesitation
- Stop smoking and stay away from secondhand smoke
- Receive plenty of high-quality sleep
- Consider pregnancy classes
- Learn relaxation techniques
- Stretch often especially right before going to bed
Health USCD Education provided these pregnancy tips above, so here is another good resource Gizmo recommends you add to your favorites list. For all my guides visit me on Pinterest, this will be much easier for you than searching my website. We still have some more you will want to read, so let us move on to my next paragraph.
Breastfeeding Health Benefits
Fewer and fewer women are breastfeeding today, so let us just see what the health benefits are for pregnant women and their babies. Any ladies with anything to share on this topic, you are more than welcome to leave them in my comments.
- Your milk is way more nutritious than baby formula, even if you have a career there are breastfeeding pumps available on the market today. These are affordable and convenient, so this is an option to consider.
- Babies who breastfeed experience lower risks for asthma and other health problems.
- Type 1 diabetes protection
- Also, studies have shown less risk of sudden infant death syndrome.
- Fewer ear infections and tummy problems
- Develops stronger immune systems which is a common problem in our society today.
- Interesting breastfeeding decreases the mothers’ risk for breast cancer.
- Lower risk of ovarian cancer, and even type 2 diabetes.
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends exclusive breastfeeding for about 6 months, and then continuing breastfeeding while introducing complementary foods until a child is 12 months old or older.
Baby Formula Health Risks
Choosing to breastfeed or baby formula is a very important decision to make, since my mother choose a baby formula and I have experienced health problems from the day I was born, I often wonder if breastfeeding would have changed my entire life.
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
- Ear Infections
- Lung Infections
- Other Types of Infections
- Food Intolerance
- Lower IQ Scores
- Heart Disease
- Childhood Cancers
- SCHSA Organization The Risks of Formula Feeding Studies
Gizmo is only a messenger and not an expert in any way, I do have quite a bit of experience from my own autoimmune diseases that are shared from time to time. Providing you with the resources allows you to research further on your own, you can be sure this does not mean that I agree with everything in my articles.
Breastfeeding Vs Baby Formula
Choosing between the two can be a very overwhelming decision for new mothers, it is true that health professionals agree breastfeeding is healthier for your baby and you, let us look into this in more detail from the blog post provided by Mount Sinai Organization.
- Breast milk naturally has all the nutrients babies need to grow and develop.
- Breast milk has antibodies that can help prevent your baby from getting sick.
- Breastfeeding can help prevent health problems in your babies, such as allergies, eczema, ear infections, and stomach problems.
- Breastfed babies are less likely to be hospitalized with breathing infections.
- Breastfed babies are less likely to become obese or have diabetes.
- Breastfeeding may help prevent sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS).
- Mothers who breastfeed find it easier to lose weight after pregnancy.
- Breastfeeding may help lower the risk of breast and ovarian cancers, diabetes, and certain other diseases in mothers.
Baby Formula Benefits
- Anyone can feed your baby. Grandparents or babysitters can feed your baby while you work or get some well-deserved time with your partner.
- You can get round-the-clock help. Your partner can help out with nighttime feedings so you can get more sleep. This can be a bonus for your partner, giving them the chance to bond early on with their little one. Keep in mind though, if you breastfeed, you can also pump your breasts so your partner can feed your baby breast milk.
- You may not have to feed as often. Babies digest formula slower, so you may have fewer feeding times.
As you can see the benefits of both might help you decide, remember the breast pump I mentioned earlier can solve many of the obstacles of busy moms with careers. Love to know what you decide, just leave your decision in my comments if you wish to share.
Need someone to talk to, below are some hotlines, chats, and other resources for pregnant ladies. Everyone does not have a good support system, many young teenage girls especially often are abandoned by their families due to becoming pregnant. How this could happen is beyond me, but even in my small country town in Pennsylvania, this is happening all the time.
- The American Pregnancy Association
- Pregnancy Assistance Fund Program
- National Life Center
- Mother-to-Baby Organization
- Option Line Organization Live Chat
- Healthful Chat Organization
- What to Expect Community Forums
Here are a few to get you started if you are in need of help, you can be sure providing you problem-solving content is the main purpose of my website. Any purchases are an unexpected bonus, this is not a business but instead, a health-related informational publication that puts you first.
Gizmos Health Guides
At the end of every article I write, there will be a list of some of my guides. They will be the topics for easy access for your convenience, just to mention before we browse today’s recommendations, You can also find Gizmo on Twitter, so if you are into Twitter look for me there sometime.
- Mental Health
- Seniors Recently Added
- Weight Loss
You will find several options to get access to my guides, and this is for your convenience to save you time. Don’t forget about my free auto-notifications opportunity, all you will receive is my most recent publication in your mail. Never no marketing promotions, that isn’t why this is provided for you.