We all have days that we eat more than others, now the question is could we have a binge eating problem? Many people with weight loss difficulty could be experiencing binge eating disorder symptoms, If this interests you that is the topic we are going to discuss in this guide.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link. Click on the link above if you desire more information on my affiliate disclosure, this website has nothing to hide from you.
Gizmos Self-Help Guides
Below is ways you can access my guides without searching for them on your own, I started providing this recently for your convenience. Why waste your time searching when I can provide them for you here, I wish for you to get the most from visiting my website.
- Exercise n Fitness
- Home n Garden
- Mental Health
- Browse Self-Help Guides
- Kindle Publishing Success
- Visit Gizmo on Twitter
- Visit Gizmo on Pinterest
Easy access listed above is my way of thanking you for visiting my website, you also can visit me on Twitter and Pinterest if you desire to. The kindle publishing guide is not one of my own, but for anyone interested in this type of earning possibility this might be worth you checking out.
Next, I would like to share some free coupons with you. You can take advantage of these or pass them up, no matter which you decide is fine with me. Feel free to skip to my next paragraph if this doesn’t interest you, we will begin learning about binge eating in that paragraph.
With my first freebie shared, we are now ready to get started on binge eating. How many of you think you might be guilty of this, by reading what I have for you, we are going to see what we can do to overcome this problem.
Binge Eating Symptoms
Let us first find out if we are guilty of this, many times people don’t even realize that they have a problem. Often you might be frustrated why you are not losing weight, and this could be a hidden obstacle that you are not even aware of.
- Eating unusually large amounts of food in a specific amount of time, such as over a two-hour period
- Feeling that your eating behavior is out of control
- Eating even when you’re full or not hungry
- Eating rapidly during binge episodes
- Eating until you’re uncomfortably full
- Frequently eating alone or in secret
- Feeling depressed, disgusted, ashamed, guilty, or upset about your eating
- Frequently dieting, possibly without weight loss
The Mayo Clinic Organization is where I found the symptoms, now how many times did you overeat and then feel guilty afterward? Now it is normal for us to eat more some days than others, so don’t label yourself as this type of eater unless you fit the majority of the symptoms listed above.
Eating Disorder Helpline
According to the Mayo Clinic website, you should seriously consider consulting your physician if you have the symptoms of a binge eating disorder. For those of you who might wish to know about a helpline available, I have one to tell you about.
- Online Chat Monday —Thursday 9 am—9 pm ETFriday 9 am—5 pm ET
- 800) 931-2237 Monday—Thursday 11 am—9 pm Friday 11am—5pm ET Translation services are available on the phone.
- 800) 931-2237 Monday—Thursday 3 pm—6 pm Friday 1 pm—5 pm ET Standard text messaging rates may apply.
- Crisis Text Line provides free, 24/7 support via text message
Visit the National Eating Disorder Organization Helpline if you are in need of someone to talk with, as you can see they provide you several options to get the assistance that you need. Many people are more comfortable using this service than consulting a doctor, even though talking to your physician is recommended, this is another option you can consider.
Binge Eating Disorder
You can be a binge eater without actually having a disorder, but when your eating becomes dangerous to your health is when you possibly could have a binge eating disorder. This is often experienced more often by women than by men, and approximately two percent of the population suffers with this.
- People who consume extremely large amounts of food in a very short time span.
- Absolutely can’t stop themselves from eating until they are as full as they possibly can.
- The majority of people are extremely embarrassed and feel guilty they have consumed such a large amount of food.
- Experience a long-term fight with their fight to lose weight consistently.
- Losing weight is even more of a problem for them than for the average person.
This really breaks my heart to be learning all of this, but at the same time, I am happy that I chose this topic to help anyone struggling with this problem. What are the health risks from this might be on your mind, that is what I have researched for you next. If you experience this and would like to share, please feel free to leave us a comment in my comment section at the end of this guide.
It is important for you to understand your health risks, who knows maybe this will even motivate you to get the help that you need. This can be connected to emotional health, and many use this as a coping skill to ease their anxiety.
- Overweight to the point of obesity
- High Cholesterol Levels
- High Blood Pressure
- Gallbladder Disease
- Heart Disease
- Some types of cancers
- Emotional health problems such as anxiety and depression
- Proccessed junk food often are what they are putting into their bodies in extremely large amounts regularly.
- Binging to relieve their anxiety and stress levels in out-of- control amounts.
- Feeling guilty afterwards is common which often leads to feeling chronically depression.
- High risk for highly depressive mood disorders, some will even be prone to addiction to alcohol and drugs.
Hopkins Medicine Organization provided this information in the two paragraphs above, If you trust this organization you should really take what they published in their blog post seriously. By any chance do you like what you are learning from Gizmo, if so you can be auto-notified every time a new guide is published. No SPAM mail will ever arrive in your email box, there is a popup on this website that you can sign up if you are interested.
Binge Eating Disorder Treatment
Many people who seek medical assistance do overcome this food addiction, but for most of us taking that first step is the most difficult. You might be in denial as well, and until you accept you have a problem, you are not going to be able to take the first step to recovery.
- Self-Help Recovery Workbooks
- Online Support Groups
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Consulting with Medical Professionals
- Anxiety, Depression, and Stress Management
NHS.UK is where this treatment plan was found during my research, even though they recommend medication. I prefer to focus on the non-medicine approach before giving in to prescription drugs. That is just for me, you must make the decision yourself about if medications are right for you.
Binge Eating Support Groups
Online support groups are always a good place to begin, you might be surprised to hear I have used them me in the past. Social anxiety disorder was controlling me the majority of my life, and these groups did help me to overcome my problem. Talking to others with the same struggles can be very helpful, I learned and shared coping skills that got me to be able to live again.
- Life the Shame
- Alsana Eating Recovery
- The Center for Eating Disorders
- Beat Eating Disorders
- Milestones in Recovery
- Eating Disorders Online
- The National Association for Males with Eating Disorders
These are a few to get you on your way if support groups are right for you, what I would do is visit any of the websites that interest you. Then just observe without participating for a while, this will help you know if this is the one worth spending your time on, or if you need to keep searching.
Binge Eating Disorder Workbooks
Now we are going to research what some of the better workbooks are, this will save you from searching on your own as well as help you get started right away. Let us contact our old buddy, Google once again. Below I will list what was recommended by this search engine, no need to thank me that is why I started this website to help you.
- The Binge Eating and Compulsive Overeating Workbook
- The Binge Eating Prevention Workbook
- Overcoming Binge Eating
- Eating Disorder Recovery Workbook
- Brain Over Binge Recovery Guide
- 8 Keys to Recovery From an Eating Disorder
Here are some that Google recommended that caught my eye, you can get a good start by reading more about these at your favorite bookstore. Many people prefer checking Amazon before any other, and some have a favorite bookshop that they shop for all of their reading supplies.
Not everyone has a physician who is experiencing health problems, many of us don’t even think about needing one until our health begins to decline. For those of you who are in need of assistance, I have something that just might make your search much easier.
- Primary Physicians
- Medical Specialists
- Healthcare Providers
- Specialized Clinics n Hospitals
- Healthcare Facilities
- Healthcare Services
- Find Your New Medical Professional Here
Medline Plus Directories is where the link above is going to take you, so this is a very good website to begin your search for any medical professional you are in need of. Knowing where I am getting what I share with you is important for you to trust me, and at the same time providing you with good resources for your own research as well.
Free Weight Loss Programs Online
Gizmo really puts helping you before anything else on this website, today we have some free weight loss programs online. Why pay for expensive programs when there are ones that are absolutely free, this is another freebie for reading the binge eating disorder symptoms.
- My Plate
- Choose My Plate
- Fit Click
- The Lose Weight Diet
- Avoid Fad Diets
According to the Livestrong website these are your best free programs to go with, now with knowing this you are one step ahead of the game. No more monthly payments to weight loss programs that might not even work for you, with these you are risking nothing but your time.
Craving those processed snacks that trigger our overeating is our downfall, maybe knowing some healthier snacks will be useful to us? That is what we are going to learn now, and remember to avoid your trigger foods when grocery shopping is our most difficult challenge.
- ¼ cup of nuts is a great source of healthy fat and protein. That’s about an egg-sized portion.
- An apple with a tablespoon of peanut butter.
- A cup of grapes with an ounce of cheese (1 ounce of cheese is about the size of your whole thumb, from base to tip).
- 2 tablespoons of hummus and raw veggies like carrots, celery, cauliflower, and broccoli.
- Air-popped popcorn. Choose a portion-controlled version that is low in fat. Many microwave popcorns now come in 100-calorie bags.
- A fruit-and-nuts bar. Teems like KIND bars because they aren’t highly processed.
Thank you for these snacks Piedmont Organization, another good website to keep in mind next time you are online. How many of the suggestions above sound tasty to you, maybe you really like these foods, but instead grab those nasty trigger foods instead.
Let Us Watch Some Videos
Videos are not only fun to watch, but we also can learn so much from them. Many of my skills in designing this website and writing came from YouTube videos. Yet another good place to get problem-solving solutions online, now let us watch some of the videos that I have chosen for you.
- My Binge Eating Story
- Recovering from Binge Eating, Sarah’s Story
- Stories of Real People Who Lost Serious Weight
- How to Break Your Sugar Addiction
- Trauma n Binge Eating
Hear from real people who have been in your shoes, also from a physician and a therapist. All incredible videos you will enjoy watching, I am more than happy to have taken the time to be able to share these with you.
Weight Loss Guides
To complete my guide, here are more of my weight loss publications that might benefit you. Remember about my auto-notification offer, this is absolutely free and you will always be updated on my most recent self-help guide as it is published.
- What Foods Are Addictive
- Foods That Cause Weight Gain
- Do Weight Loss Creams Work
- Why Are Processed Foods Unhealthy
- Free Weight Loss Calculator
Did you enjoy yourself on my website with me, if you would like to share your experience feel free to leave me a comment in my comment section. Also if you have any weight loss tips of your own, we all would benefit from hearing from you.