What are the best therapy dog breeds that might be on your mind, many children and even adults improve their lives by adding a therapy dog to their apartment or home. Read on to learn this and more about these special animals that enrich people’s lives, many children with special needs benefit from their new best friend.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link
This website puts you as the priority in every guide, if you are experiencing a problem or seeking solutions feel free to leave them in my comments section at the end of this article.
Therapy Dog Health Benefits
Before we learn which dog breeds are the best ones, I really feel you should understand the health benefits of adding a therapy dog to your apartment or home. Children with autism have dramatically benefitted from these canines, but they are not the only ones.
- Decreased blood pressure in some people
- Stimulates physical activity in children with autism
- Improved chronic pain simply by having their new best friend
- Self-esteem improvement was found in kids through this type of therapy
- Encouraged social interaction in children with autism living with social anxiety issues
- Amazingly improves cognitive functioning and problem-solving solutions for some people
- Calms anxiety disorders which are becoming more and more common in children and teenagers today
- Studies have found to also reduce stress naturally
- Aids in preventing being overwhelmed especially in school
- Provides a proven positive coping skill
- Children are found to be in a more positive mood and experience less depression simply by the support from their therapy dog
- Encourages kids to be more physically active improving their motor skills
- With their constant companion, they experience the feeling of being less lonely
- Bringing medication and bottled water when symptoms start
- Pressing the owner’s life alert button when symptoms present
- Alerting the owner of chemical changes they can smell, such as low blood sugar
With just what I have found out from my research, you must admit this is very impressive. Even though children with autism are best known to benefit from them, we are going to find out who would improve their health and life with this special canine.
Who Benefits From Therapy Dogs?
When we think of these canines, children with autism are often the first that comes to mind. Pet therapy is becoming an important part of recovery for people of all ages with a variety of health problems.
- Anyone who experiences any type of anxiety disorder no matter their age will find relief from pet therapy
- Alzheimer’s patients are now being exposed to this type of therapy with positive results
- People suffering from cancer actually experience a dramatic difference simply by having the companionship of a furry friend
- Dementia family members do so much better as well as the others we have mentioned so far
- No matter your age or if you are struggling physically or emotionally pet therapy is well worth considering.
- If curious to learn more, visit U.S Service Animals Organization for more information
I moved into my apartment just three years ago, you might not realize this but you can get permission to have a furry friend even when pets are not permitted. You just need to register them as an emotional support animal, even if a landlord doesn’t allow pets they must allow an emotional support animal. Just thought this was worth mentioning, now we will move on to the best dog breeds.
Best Apartment Therapy Dog Breeds
Sorry for the delay in providing what you visited my website to find out, I really feel the prior information is important for you to be aware of. There are some breeds that are known to serve better than others for pet therapy, so that is what we are going to discuss below.
- Bichon Frise
- Yorkshire Terrier
- Pembroke Welsh Corgi
- French Bulldog
- Italian Greyhound
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
For anyone living in an apartment, these are very good dog breeds to consider. These were recommended by the website Top Dog Tips. Please pay attention to the resources I share with you, they really are good sources to get valuable information.
Best Therapy Dog Breeds For Homes
Maybe you live in a home that can support a larger breed, we are going to discuss some of those for families who prefer larger canines over smaller ones. My fur baby is an awesome emotional support canine, he is a Miniature Australian Shepherd. I do recommend this breed for emotional support, now let us move on to the larger breeds that might appeal to you.
- Saint Bernard
- Airedale Terrier
- Irish Setter
- Labrador Retriever
- German Shepherd
- Shetland Sheepdog
- Golden Retriever
- Border Collie
Just so you know, I did live with a Rottweiler before my Miniature Australian Shepherd. Never believe that they are nasty canines, if you raise them with love they will be big babies. Mine sadly passed away from cancer at 7 years old, even though that has been over 3 years, I still miss him every single day.
Children With Autism Dog Breeds
Let us get back to children with autism, you might be wondering why this is mentioned over and over. My oldest son was born with this disorder, so in dedication to all his suffering growing up, you will find me writing about autism from time to time.
- Saint Bernards
- German Shepherds
- Golden Retrievers
- Great Pyrenees
- Labrador Retrievers
- Bernese Mountain Dogs
When my son was a boy therapy dogs were not really commonly known about, so by me making this more known to you, I am giving your son or daughter with autism something valuable that can provide them dramatic health benefits.
In every guide I try to find you some freebies related to my topic, today we are going to get access to free apps for children with autism. In case you are not aware of my auto-notifications, this is my way of saving you time by sending you my most recent publications directly to your email box. No SPAM ever will be included in my notifications, I just want to make this clear to you.
- Language Therapy for Children
- Social Skills for Autism
- The Autism Helper
- My Autism Team
- Autism Daily Living and Care
Above are a few free apps that I have chosen for you, and if you click on any of the links you can explore them on your own if you desire. If these are something that interests you for me to share more often, please let me know in my comments section.
Let us look at some books that I have found that might interest you, even if you are not into reading that is fine. You are more than welcome to skip this paragraph, so for those of you who are interested below are a few that are highly recommended.
- Cutting-Edge Therapies for Autism
- Victory Over Autism
- How to Prevent Autism (Bargain Book )
- The Autism Playbook for Teens
- Autism Adulthood ( Bargain Book )
I realize we all don’t learn the best by reading books, so if this is not your cup of tea I do understand. Before we go to what is next, you can get access to all my guides by visiting me on Pinterest. This is my way of saving you time searching on my website, so if this appeals to you, it is my pleasure to provide this convenience to you.
Just in case you are brand new to caring for a dog, I thought providing you with a basic guide might help some of you. Gizmo tries his best to give you as much information in every guide, so caring for your canine is included for your benefit.
- Daily exercise is something we must go out of our way to do for our new friend, I take my Miniature Australian Shepherd for short walks several times per day when possible.
- By any chance are they already overweight, if so here is a free dog diet plan as a gift from me to you?
- Regular check-ups and boosters are needed to protect their health, once they are adults unless they experience problems you usually only need to take them to the vet once a year
- As for nutritional dog food, I feed mine natural pet food. Just like people the chemicals in their food is not healthy for them, there are many brands to choose from to fit everyone’s budget.
- Buy toys and playsets that you can use together
- Give your therapy pet enough room; the bigger your dog is, the more room it will need
- Give the dog an occasional treat to solidify and encourage its good behavior
- Grooming your dog often is recommended, you will find out that long-haired canines will require more frequent grooming than short-haired ones
- Spending quality time with them will form closer bonds between them and your family members, many dog owners include them in all their family activities
- Even though they do perform health benefits and have a job, dogs are family is my favorite way of thinking of them
There are groomers that you are able to take your canine to, you also can perform this on your own by shopping for grooming supplies online. Where to shop will be what I share with you in my next paragraph, and thank you for reading the best therapy dog breeds.
Dog Grooming Shopping Guide
Whenever I include one of my shopping guides, I go to Google for the best merchants to share with you. Being this is most people’s favorite search engine, this saves you time and gives you faith these are good choices to consider.
Google recommends the following brands and more, these are your best choices to find the best deals. I was happy to take the time to do this search for you, now you have some good places to start shopping for dog grooming supplies
Now for your benefit, we are going to find out the better websites, you can follow any of these that appeal to you. Without wasting your time let us get right to them, I found this on Feedspot while researching this article.
- Adopt a Pet
- Take Paws
- The Dogington Post
- Walkin Pets Blog
- P.L.A.Y Blog
- Dog Tipper
- Fresh Pet
- Pet Keen
- i Heart Dogs
- Greensboro The Pet Shop
- North Shore Animal League America
- Pet Food Industry
- Companion Animal Psychology
- Explore and Browse the Top 100 on Feedspot
Did you find this guide useful, and if so please share it with your family and your friends? You can be my best form of marketing strategy, so if I am doing a good job please help me reach more people.
What Interests You?
Gizmo is gradually growing this website with more self-help guide topics, why I am doing this to solve more of the problems that you might be facing. That is the whole purpose of this website, remember if you are experiencing any problems share them in my comments, so I can help you with some solutions.
Help Gizmo out, are there any other topics that you would like to be added to this website? If so, I would love to hear from you. The easiest way is to leave them in my comments section at the end of this guide, I really am interested in making this website one that solves your problems with the best solutions.
Self-help guides focus on solving your problems with a variety of solutions, you also might find some that include step-by-step instructions. Which of these benefits you the most, let me know and I will provide you with what you prefer.
- Staying Social When You Stop Drinking
- Online Therapy Right for You
- Age Discrimination
- Autism in Adults
- How to Feel and Respond to the Emotions of Others
- Body Shaming
You can get access to these and more by visiting the Help Guide Organization, this is another good resource for researching to find solutions to your problems. I want to thank you very much for visiting my website today, remember to come back again if you enjoyed your time with me.