Are eating disorders treatable is our topic today, why I chose this because there are many people experiencing this type of health problem affecting their health. If this interests you, you will not want to miss learning what I have found out from my research.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link. This website always provides you with this affiliate disclosure for your convenience, honesty is important and an important part of who I am as a person.
What You Can Learn
Providing you access to what you can learn is let you understand this website better, and also makes it as easy for you as possible to read my self-help articles. Below are the categories that I am focusing on at this time, you also should know more will be added as this site grows.
- Exercise n Fitness
- Home n Garden
- Weight Loss
- Browse all my self-help guides
Providing easy access to all of my publications is important to me, I realize how valuable your time is and how you have other things that you need to be doing. Now we are ready to learn what I found for you, and you always come first before anything else when writing my guides.
Eating Disorder Emotional Signs
Many people might not even realize they have an eating disorder, so let us begin by knowing what are the signs and symptoms of this type of health problem. Understanding what to look for is our first step, below are some things you will want to consider.
- Managing your weight is a struggle and is a common sign, many of us feel food is controlling our lives.
- We might go from one diet to another, but none seems to work.
- Often people with this disorder are obsessed with their weight.
- Eliminating specific food groups is quite common, often carbohydrates are what we try to avoid.
- The feeling of eating in front of other people makes us anxious.
- Specific eating routines consuming often only certain food groups.
- You might find yourself skipping meals more often than you should.
- Whenever you do eat, you limit yourself to extremely smaller portions than is healthy.
- Starting fad diets such as being a vegetarian to cut back on calories.
- Avoiding social events with friends and family that involves food.
- Obsessed with your body to the point you become anxious and even depressed at times.
- You might even be experiencing extreme mood swings from your eating disorder.
Take your time and really think about what you have just read, and how many of these emotional symptoms might you being experiencing? Knowing you have a problem is the first step to finding solutions, besides emotionally, there also are physical signs to be aware of.
Eating Disorder Physical Signs
It is important to understand everything this problem can be causing you, we are now going to learn about the physical symptoms that you might be facing as well. Food is more important to our health than many of us realize, and that is my main point in providing you with this information.
- Crazy ups and downs with your weight.
- Digestive issues such as constipation and even tummy pain.
- For the ladies, menstrual cycles might be irregular or you might even miss some from time to time.
- Struggling to stay focused to the point you might even become overwhelmed.
- Low thyroid
- Irregular hormone levels
- Low potassium is common
- Low blood counts
- Light headed when standing up from the sitting position
- Extreme fatigue
- The feelings of being cold much of the time
- Experience sleeping problems
- Dental issues
- Extreme dry skin and nails
- Salviary gland inflammation
- Feelings of being weak
- Yellowish skin color
- Inflammation of your feet
- Immune malfunctioning problems
- Visit the National Eating Disorder Organization for Help
The National Eating Disorder Organization provided the emotional and physical symptoms shared in the paragraphs above, I recommend this resource to you for more information and support. Feel free to visit Gizmo on Twitter if this is a place you hang out, you can read all my followwers tweets there.
Eating Disorder Types
We are now going to educate ourselves on the types of eating disorders, I really feel knowing these will help you even more. Since there is more than one type, we should be aware of this information as well.
- Muscle Dysmorphia
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Compulsive Overeating
- Prader Willi Syndrome
- Selective Eating Disorder
- Learn More at Life Breathing Healing Centers
Life Breathing Healing Centers is yet another website recommended, why I provide you with these links to help you as much as I possibly can. You see people like you are who are important to me, and giving you access is another way that I can provide you with even more help.
Eating Disorder Health Risks
Now we are going to research our risks from eating disorders, it is important to know what these can cause us in the way of health problems. Often these are treated before the disorder itself, so let us know what our risks are below.
- The functioning of your muscles, heart and nerves
- Heart problems and high blood pressure
- Digestive problems
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Dental cavities and erosion
- Low bone density
- Stunted growth
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Substance abuse
- Menstruation problems
- Infertility and pregnancy
The Mayo Clinic Organization provided the health risks connected to eating disorders, so yet another good resource for you to take advantage of simply by reading are eating disorders are treatable. Just to mention that you can get auto-notifications at no cost to you, and what you will receive are notifications everytime Gizmo publishes a new article.
Free Eating Disorder Support
Eating disorders are treatable which we all are happy to know, National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders is just one place to get free support, here are some ways that you can take advantage of this non-profit organization.
- Eating Disorders Helpline
- Recovery Mentorship Program
- Support Groups
- Treatment Directory
- Learn More by Clicking Here
For many this is a great place to start your recovery, since this is such a good asset there is a link provided to take you directly to the help section of their website. Next, we are going to take a peek at my deals n steals that I have for you. This is something I added recently as a thank you for visiting my website, so if any interest you feel free to check them out.
Deals n Steals
Deals and Steals is my way of showing my appreciation for you visiting my website, so be my guest to browse any of them that might interest you. Gizmo does receive a tiny commission for any purchases, I just want to be completely honest with you. Really I earn very little from providing these to you, but at the same time it gives me pleasure to do something special for you.
Be awesome if you find something that you need or want from my deals and steals, even if there is nothing today, maybe in one of my other guides you will find just what you need or want at a great bargain. Moving on now to more about eating disorders, so stick around just a little longer.
Eating Disorder Treatment Plan
What is involved in recovery from such a life-threatening disorder, that is what we are going to find out in this section. This information was provided by the National Institute of Mental Health, another reliable source for information, and now below is what is they shared with us.
- Medical care
- Nutritional counseling
- Restoring adequate nutrition
- Bringing weight to a healthy level
- Reducing excessive exercise
- Stopping binge-purge and binge-eating behaviors
- Read the entire article
If you are finding this guide helpful, I would appreciate you sharing it with your family and friends. Even better, posting it on your social media hangouts such as Facebook would be much appreciated.
Help Guide Organization wrote this blog post which provides us with a few therapists, after reading this I thought this just might be something that would help you. I am including what the ones that they recommend, so this can give you a place to get started.
- Better Help
- Online Therapy
- Teen Counseling
- Get 20% Off Here
Yet another freebie from Gizmo to help you receive the help that you need, I am receiving zero commission from providing this to you. Just so you know this is coming from the bottom of my heart, and not to earn anything from you getting this discount.
Eating Disorder Apps
Apps are extremely used by the majority of people today, so from time to time, I share some with you in my publications. Since eating disorders are so serious to your health, below are some that might be of interest.
- Eating Disorder Management
- Eating Disorder Help
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Brighter Bite
- Eating Disorder Test
- Nutrition n Diet
- Let’s Talk About Eating Disorders
- Eating Disorder Support
- Binge Eating Test
- Treat Eating Disorders
- Stop Anorexia The Right Way
- Eating Disorder Guide
- Anorexia Recovery Guide
- Healthy Eating n Dieting
- Reward Your Recovery
- Food Addiction Calendar
- Food Diary
- My Fitness Pal
- Track Your Calories
- Home Remedies for Anorexia
- Browse Eating Disorder Apps
As time goes by more and more apps are added, so by visiting Play Google regularly you will be able to keep updated on what is available. If you are into using these feel free to use the link provided above, and if you happen to know of any that I missed feel free to share them in my comments section at the end of this article.
Eating Disorder Resources
Gizmo always makes it a point to provide you with resources on whatever he is helping you with, so here are the ones that I found for you struggling with an eating disorder. If you or anyone you know is in need of this list, please share it with them.
- Signs n Symptoms of Eating Disorders
- Understanding Different Types of Eating Disorders
- Treatment and Recovery Options
- Free Resources
- Low-Cost Resources
- Where to Find a Dietician
- Where to Find Mental Health Counselor or Therapist
- Support Groups for Eating Disorders
- Helping Someone With an Eating Disorder
- Hotlines for Immediate Help
- Browse Eating Disorders
By me providing you links to other websites, I am helping you more than I am able to do in my guide. This is really important to me to give you asset to other resources besides my own website, you can always count on these being a major part of my publications.
Mental Health Guides
Another part of my site is to conclude my guide with related articles I already have published, this also provides you access to more of my self-help guides that are filled with good solutions on other problems you might be experiencing.
- Why Do We Forget Things
- Garden Health Benefits
- Free Mood Tracker App
- Free Online Bible Classes
- Picky Eater Lunch Ideas
- Free Autism Communication Cards
This list of mental health guides are full of information, you will find freebies and resources in all of them as well. Love to hear from you how you enjoyed your time with me, and if you have any feedback or request just leave them in my comments for us all to read. Anyone interested in a Kindle Success Publishing Guide, even though this is not one of mine, it is worth sharing with you. These are inexpensive to write and publish, and one way to earn extra money to aid with your medical expenses. Thank you for reading Are Eating Disorders Treatable, feel free to come back at anytime for more problem solving solutions.