Are you in need of Apartment Balcony Cleaning Services, many of us as we become older require assistance in maintaining our apartments. My mother is in this situation at this time, so that is what inspired me to help others in this same situation.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link.
Apartment Balcony Cleaning Services
With spring only months away my mother is planning on redecorating, and her apartment balcony is our main challenge. Before she can do anything else, she needs to have it cleaned. Since neither of us is in our best health now, we need to locate cleaning services to get this job done.
Where to get Help?
Let us begin with what to consider before shopping for services, we will make much better decisions by understanding what to keep in mind.
- Balcony cleaning services usually cost between $50-$120
- A thorough balcony cleaning takes typically around 1-2 hours
- Usually, the best way to clean a dirty balcony is by using a pressure washer
- Balcony cleaning is a labor-intensive task requiring special equipment that many home and apartment owners don’t have access to.
- Professional balcony cleaner has the experience and skills needed to do the best possible job
- Fill in a short form and get free quotes for professional balcony cleaning near you at no cost to you.
We have nothing to lose by filling out a short form and getting our free quote, this is not only an awesome resource for seniors, but also for anyone in need of assistance cleaning their apartment balcony.
Apartment Balcony Cleaning Guide
Let us say you are healthy enough to do this on your own, maybe you have family and friends who are more than willing to do this for you. Either way, Gizmo has a short step-by-step guide to get you on your way.
- The very first step is clear everything off your balcony including the furniture, if you have outdoor carpeting be sure to shake them out before removing them.
- Now we are going to sweep to remove any dust and loose dirt, you may find that you might need to do this several times. If you happen to have access to a shop vac, this will make this step so much easier.
- If you happen to have a water hose that will reach your balcony, this is your best method. Most of us might not have this luxury, so a plain old fashion mop is your next best choice.
- Using a sponge and laundry detergent scrub to remove as much rust and stains as you possibly can, by now you are seeing why apartment balcony cleaning services are the best choice for the elderly.
- For any leaf stains using dish detergent such as Dawn is our best strategy, using a sponge once again scrub to remove as many of the stains as you possibly can.
- What about any grease stains, you can find commercial degreasers to be worth the cost to handle these types of stains.
- Diluted bleach works pretty well when tackling mold and mildew, once again you might be seeing this is more work than many elderly people are able to perform on their own.
- If you are doing this yourself, there are rental companies available to rent a pressure washer which is well worth the investment.
- Now rinse your balcony with warm, clean water is your next step.
- Sealing your concrete with a concrete sealer is our last step to completing this job. Using a simple paint roller makes this the easiest for us to do, if this step-by-step guide was helpful please let me know in my comments section would be much appreciated.
As you can tell by reading this guide it is not an easy task, you really should consult your physician before tackling such a physical home chore just to be safe. This is even more important if you are up there in age, and if you are living with any health problems.
Common Apartment Maintenance
Apartment Balcony Tips
Once your balcony is cleaned and ready to use, we have some tips that might be helpful for you. These are precious to have access to for privacy, but at the same time, they can cause you more work to keep maintained for many people. Below are some tips that might ease this burden, now let us see what Gizmo suggests.
- For gardeners consider vertical planters for your flowers and houseplants, you will save space without giving up your favorite hobby.
- Set up a regular maintenance routine, by keeping up with your cleaning you will not be overwhelmed or need to pay for apartment balcony cleaning services as often.
- Investing in a steam cleaner to use regularly can be a wise investment, if this is in your budget it is worth the money. Maybe hint to your family and your friends about wanting one of these, you never know what you might receive for your birthday.
- Flower planters and furniture that hang from your balcony will make keeping it clean a much easier task, imagine no more moving everything when you need to clean the floor.
- One of the tasks Gizmo forgets about often is cleaning my balcony door glass, once I notice this needs to be done it is a much more difficult job than if I would do this regularly instead.
- Built-in furniture is another smart addition to any balcony, no more moving them every time you need to clean.
- Shopping for a grill that can hang from your railing is a space-saver, this also solves the problem of having to move it around all the time.
This guide not only assists you in maintaining with less work but also provides you with some merchandise ideas that you might have not been aware of. Next time you are shopping for your private space, consider if any of the products mentioned would be a good addition, and remember to compare prices to get the best deals.
Senior Apartment Guide
About three years ago, I decided it was time to downsize from a two-story house to an apartment. You see taking care of such a large home and yard was just too much for me, being in my senior years this was the best decision I ever made. Maybe you are in the same situation yourself, and if so here are some things you might wish to consider while apartment hunting.
- How much is the rent for the unit I’m interested in leasing?
- How long is the lease and what are the terms?
- When is the rent due and how do I pay with cash, check or online bill pay?
- Is there an application fee?
- Is a deposit required?
- Will a credit check be performed?
- What is the average cost of utilities for a unit of this size?
- Are any utilities included in the rent?
- Are there extra fees for a garage, storage, or pets?
- What is the square footage of the apartment unit?
- Does the apartment come with a washer/dryer in the unit?
- When was the apartment built?
- Are there other size units/different floor plans currently available?
- What services are included in apartment maintenance?
- Is a community manager located on-site?
- How do you reach the landlord or owner of the property?
Are Low-Income Apartments Safe
- Is there a pool and/or fitness room?
- Is there a designated pet walking area or park?
- Is free Wi-Fi offered?
- Is there a laundry facility in the community?
- What are the closest restaurants, banks, gas stations, convenience stores, or shopping areas?
- Where is the nearest hospital or urgent care center?
- Which churches are located nearby?
- Are parking spaces assigned to residents?
- Where do guests park?
- Do apartments have alarm systems installed?
Did you find including this apartment hunting guide helpful, if you have anything to add to this list feel free to share in my comments section. We are all in this together, so the more input from you, the more of us will benefit from your own experience.
There are some things we really need to be aware of that could be unsafe, so knowing what to watch out for is very important. Being safe is our first concern no matter where we are living, so below are some things that I would suggest you watch out for.
- Poor lighting
- Bare, wet floors
- Ice and snow accumulation on outdoor steps and walkways
- Exposed wiring
- Loose or missing handrails on stairs
- Uneven floors
- Loose carpeting
- Pest infestations
- Mold growth
If you know of anything else please share it with us, so these are the things that I myself watch out for in my own apartment building. I am extremely lucky my building is very well maintained, and all my kitchen appliances are furnished and replaced at no cost to me. Even better my utilities are included in my rent, and I love not having to manage so many living expenses in my senior years.
Balcony Furniture Sale
If you are not sure if you wish to click on the link to browse the balcony furniture sale, I can understand that. What I am going to do for you is give you some examples of what you will find there, and this I am sure will be a time-saver to help you decide.
- Vertical Planters
- Rattan Wicker Furniture
- Hanging Swing Chair
- Foldable Wicker Table
- Balcony Bar Set
- Caribbean Bar Table
- Natural Wood Dining Set
- Dining Cabinet Set
- Hanging Balcony Table
- White Stone Nesting Table
You will find a nice variety of budget-friendly merchandise, now if you are shopping for your apartment balcony, why not take a little time to browse? Possibly you would be more interested in the Balcony Decor Sale instead, and if so click on the link in this paragraph to browse.
Time For My Resources
You have experienced a wealth of information on apartment balcony cleaning services and more, I even provided you with a few sales that will save you money. As you can see Gizmo puts you before profits, any merchandise in my articles is on sale. This provides me with less commission, but at the same time provides you with more savings.
- Hanging Balcony Table Deals
- Are Debit Cards Protected From Fraud
- How to Make an Apartment Feel Like Home
- Balcony Lighting Deals
If you live in an apartment with a balcony this really should have been interesting, I just love my own apartment balcony. Right now I am researching some decorating ideas, and if I find enough that is worth sharing that just might be another guide in the near future.