How many times have you thought, ” Am I Overweight for My Height”? We are going to try our best to answer this question many of us wonder about all the time, before we go any further, thank you for visiting my website.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link.
The chart above is compliments from the Cancer Organization website, and for your convenience, you can click on the chart to go to the blog post to learn more about your height and weight.
Healthy Weight Signs
Body mass index is a calculation of height and weight that is used to screen people for obesity and overweight. Remember the charts used to determine your correct weight are only a guideline, below are some signs that you are at a healthy weight despite what the chart might indicate.
- Your waist measurements are less than 35-40 inches
- Are your extra pounds in your hips and not in your belly?
- Many times muscular people will not be within the healthy BMI on weight and height charts
- Are your metabolic tests normal?
- Do you experience plenty of energy and are physically active?
- Taking your age into consideration, many older folks are healthy despite their BMI.
- Did you know people of color often are naturally higher in BMI sometimes than white people?
My advice is to consult with your physician if you have any doubts about your weight vs your height, they can tell you more than any chart that you find online. Remember the BMI charts are only a guide, let us now learn some healthy weight habits to add to our lifestyle.
Foods That Cause Weight Gain
Healthy Weight Habits
By knowing the healthy weight habits in this paragraph, you can adjust your lifestyle to be healthier. People who live a healthy lifestyle most of the time stay at the right weight naturally.
- Maintain healthy meal portions and avoid overeating foods high in sugar and sodium. One easy method is to purchase inexpensive portion control containers.
- Staying as physically active as you possibly can is another important habit, you might be surprised by taking a short walk every day can keep you at a healthy weight.
- I live in an apartment building and instead of taking the elevator all the time, I take the stairs several times per day.
- Eat your favorite snack foods high in sugar and sodium in moderation.
- Cut back on processed foods for healthier alternatives.
- Instead of soda pop, why not replace them with nutritional beverages and water?
- Avoid pushing yourself physically more than your body can stand, this can lead to cravings for junk food from low energy.
- If you happen to fall off your routine, just get back on track instead of beating yourself up.
- Many people find a food diary helps them stay on track, you can purchase an inexpensive notebook from a dollar store, instead of spending more on fancy diaries.
I know these sound to be so simple but ask yourself are you doing them regularly most days or not? Every extra step you can get into your day is a bonus, so instead of taking the easy way, sometimes take a few extra steps.
Why Processed Foods Are Unhealthy
Many of us lack the motivation to work out the traditional way, what I have for you here are some alternatives that are fun activities that don’t feel like exercise. You don’t need to pump iron or run to manage your weight, now let us see some fun ideas that I have shared below.
- Spend some time at the beach
- Riding a bicycle
- Horseback Riding
- Frisbee at your local park
- Start Golfing
- Water Skiing
- Beach Volleyball
- Nature Walks
Just ask yourself what is fun for you, and choose any activity that involves you moving. The majority of people lack the motivation to work out regularly, so using an alternative that you love to do is the best alternative.
Best Weight Loss Home Workout
Best Weight Management Workouts
For those of you with the motivation to work out, I have included just for you some of the best ones. Everyone must find what works the best for them, if you tread your workout, you are going to not stick with it long.
- Waking is the safest and highly recommended for older folks.
- Jumping Rope
- Stationary Bicycle
- Weight Lifting
- HIIT Workouts are rated as the number one to burn belly fat.
- Dance Workouts
30-second workouts are effective if you push yourself to do as many as you can within that limited time. You can even do them more than once per day, go for pushups, squats, and lunges to get started. Even the busiest person can spare 30-second workouts, and these can be done pretty much anywhere and anytime.
Best Belly-Fat Exercises
Let us face it most of us experience excess belly fat, we are going to learn the better choices of exercises according to professional trainers to overcome this. When you want good information and resources, Gizmo is the man to see.
- Burpees are number one according to professional trainers.
- Mountain Cimber
- Turkish Get-Up
- Medicine Ball Burpees
- Medicine Ball Slams
- Russian Twists
- BOSU Ball Planks
- Incline Running
- Rowing Machine
- Weight Lifting
According to personal trainers here are your best exercises for belly fat, with so many to choose from why not give them a try? Maybe some of these are brand new to you as they are to me, below is a link to learn more about each of them.
Belly Fat Exercise Help
Meal replacement shakes are our shopping tip for the day, what you are about to learn to be your best choices are recommended by Women’s Health Magazine. Just so you know where this information came from, and that old Gizmo is not making them up.
- Evolve Plant-Based Shake is rated as the best
- Orgain Clean Shake
- Iconic Protein
- OWYN especially for vegans
- Ensure Max Protein
- Ripple Nutrition is another vegan-friendly recommendation
- Powerful Foods
- Happy Viking Super Food
Women’s Health Magazine provided this list for us all to learn from, we must be extra careful who we trust when shopping for any of our health products. Some just might not be as healthy for us as others, and we are now ready to move on to what is coming up next.
According To Dieticians
For anyone who prefers protein bars instead of shakes for weight management, we are going to gain access to what the dieticians recommend. If we can’t trust medical professionals who can we trust, remember before adding any nutritional products to your diet consult your doctor first?
- Kind is at the top of the list by dieticians.
- Ratio Keto
- RX BAR
- Built Bar
- G2G Bar
- Healthy Eating on the Go
- Good Measure Bar
- Perfect Bar
- Zing Bar
- Clif Protein Bar
According to dieticians, these are our best choices to go with, instead of just one shopping tip, you have been provided two as a special bonus for reading “Am I Overweight For My Height”.
Gizmos resources are a very important part of this website, you will find providing you with them is a priority. You might want to save them to your browser favorites as I do, this is just a friendly idea to help you gain quick access to the ones you find the most useful.
Flowers n Houseplants is a brand new website just published, and gardening is another activity to help you to manage your weight. This is an extremely popular hobby among seniors, now let us go to my next paragraph.
Best Deals Online
Everyone wants and needs to save money, I have included the best places online to find the best deals. Another shopping tip from Gizmo, this is just my way of thanking you for reading “Am I Overweight For My Height”. The best deal resources online are waiting for you, below I have listed them for your convenience.
- Deal News
- Daily Steals
- Deal Catcher
- The Inventory
- 1 Sale
- Ben’s Bargains
- Brad’s Deals
Here you have the best places online to shop for the best deals, you can browse these whenever you have free time. If you have found this guide interesting enough to share, Gizmo would really appreciate you doing this as a favor to him.
Women’s Web Exclusives
Nutrition Therapy For Weight Loss
Many times we overeat and experience cravings from the lack of nutrients, that is where nutrition therapy can help people. Let us see who should consider looking into this type of therapy, if you are someone who could benefit please talk with your doctor to find a nutrition specialist near you.
- High Blood Pressure
- Sleep Apnea
- Liver Disease
- Lung Disease
- Mental Health Problems
What You Can Learn
- Read food labels
- Understand how much nutrients you need in your diet
- Eat the right number of calories
- Eat enough protein and fiber.
- Eat the right variety of foods
- Eat enough fruits, vegetables, and whole grains
- Eat leaner cuts of meat and lower-fat dairy products
- Limit your intake of fried foods and other foods high in fat
- Watch your portion sizes
- Drink water instead of other beverages that are high in calories. These include non-diet sodas and most juices.
- Increase your activity level
This concludes “Am I Overweight For My Height”, if you happen to have anything to share that has helped you manage your own weight, please share them in my comments section for us all to read.
Free Doctor Finder Tool
7 thoughts on “Am I Overweight For My Height”
Very informative. I try not to think about weight too much because I personally feel like as long as I’m eating healthy and living a healthy lifestyle I’ll be okay. But for those that do like to track their weight, I think this post could be very helpful especially because you mention healthy ways to lose fat.
I am happy to hear your lifestyle is working for you naturally, some people need to stay on track to monitor their eating. Americans have the habit of eating way too much unhealthy food, so they need to monitor their eating to manage their weight.
Thank you for commenting
Yes, it’s true. Some people have a more difficult time with it. But I was raised eating very healthy so it’s not too difficult for me.
We are much the same, I also was raised eating healthy so it is just natural for me today
That’s a great thing, makes it easier for us to be healthy as adults.
It makes me very happy to know this guide has been helpful
Pingback: Why Is My Poop Green | Gizmos Self Help Guides